IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Wow things are heating up in here as opposed to outside lol!

Crystal: I am 36 also and have teens! Were not too old yet ;)

Raf-Wife: things are getting started nicely for you-yay! Good news.

AFM: I have my Repronex ready like the doctor said for my appointment on the 21st (he only told me have it filled before the appt) and didn't have to pay but $131 for it, thank God! I was so worried I wouldn't have the money. It's going to be IM-ouch! I wonder why I don't have to take any other meds along with it as it seems everyone takes 2 stimming meds??...hmmmm Anyone know why? Is it because it has equal amounts of FSH/LH?

Bring on the Lupron end of the month! What is everyone taking to down regulate?

thanks alexapoo,
i dont know about the meds your on but i start on gonadotrophin fsh injections on day 3
then on day 7 add an antagonist injection and continue until trigger,
im not down regulating because im on the antagonist protocol,
have you got a schedule you can read through if not im sure you will on your next appointment x

Antagonist protocol....I have read about that. Yea, I think at my next appointment is when I get a schedule. I cannot wait! He went over what we'd be doing...down reg with Lupron I think CD21 until...? I think CD1, 2 or 3 start the Repronex for the 8-10 days or so and then the HCG trigger...then lovely progesterone in oil for 2 weeks OR 12 mos if prego...that should be fun! NOT. I will be just around ovulation at my next appointment CD15 abouts.....AF is due tomorrow, but not a spot to be found like usual a day or two before the hag-tests are BFN though...
Funny, I thought as I did those tests I would actually be pissed if I had a BFP AFTER I paid the doctor and got the drugs lol First time I kinda hoped I didn't get a BFP-weird I know...but the whole process of getting my money back and then worrying if I miscarried after I spent some of the money...ugh Don't need that stress-just let's move on already!
Off to read your journal Raf-Wife!

well i really hope you get to do your progesterone in oil shots for 12 then :haha: :hugs:

Kristen sorry is yours the first?!
Eeek sorry. I really can't wait for jan! X

I dunno if it really is or not....they are doing the retrieval the week of january 10th..

we are waiting on angiemon i think she would of had her egg collection by now, its starting to get exciting now,
kristin your retrieval is the day before my birthday if they do it on the 10th x

hi everyone,

Just been reading through the last few days....everyone seems to be starting soon..

Kristin - this will be an interesting new year for you!! Good luck.

daisyjump - when do you think you'll be getting your dates??

raf-wife - yey for your dates!!

AFM- well i had ec on friday and we got 15 eggs :happydance: and then waited all day for the most important phone call yesterday and when the phone did finally ring, i was nearly too nervous to answer it.....well we got 9 fertilized!!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:yipee:

My last scan before Ec was on Tuesday and I only had 6 follicles that were looking good and growing together but there must have been a boost in the last few days and I stopped stimming on Monday so when you come to your scans, if there dont seem to be too many follicles, dont worry too much, this is such an unpredictable thing to do-its amazing what can happen!
The nurse said that 6-10 is a good number and now theyre a bit worried about OHSS...now we've just got to pray, the embies (can I call them that yet????) keep growing for us!!!

Alexapoo, Crystal and Pollydoodle-im 36 too and didnt think that was that old but after seeing FS and clinics etc, I feel like a old footballer due to retire soon :wacko: so im glad to see my eggs are playing ball with me - excuse the pun :dohh:

hope everyone is ok today and hopefully this news may make everyone a bit more confident that we are getting nearer to our BFP's[-o<

Ax

That is brilliant news Angie, no wonder you're very pleased and excited.

I'm 36 too, I feel like time is running out but there are alot of us "oldies" around, so I'm not too worried. I just wish it would all hurry up, it's all the waiting and waiting.

Good luck Angie. When do you think they'll be doing egg transfer?

Hi Wallie,

Thank you, I am excited but still obviously nervous.
There does seem to be alot of oldies (god, ive never thought of myself as an oldie before).....:haha:

We're provisionally booked in for ET on Mon afternoon but im due a phone call on monday morning to see if they want to keep the Embies til Wednesday when they will be blastocysts. I've been reading diff blogs etc on what day transfer is better but I feel that they're the experts and this is our first IVF so im putting all my trust in them. They haven't really discussed with us about putting 1 or 2 back but again, they know alot more than I do!!!:thumbup:

Is this your first cycle you're waiting for in January? I have seen you on other blogs but it is so difficult to keep up with everyone!!

Love your pups in your picture by the way!!!!

Ax

hi everyone,

Just been reading through the last few days....everyone seems to be starting soon..

Kristin - this will be an interesting new year for you!! Good luck.

daisyjump - when do you think you'll be getting your dates??

raf-wife - yey for your dates!!

AFM- well i had ec on friday and we got 15 eggs :happydance: and then waited all day for the most important phone call yesterday and when the phone did finally ring, i was nearly too nervous to answer it.....well we got 9 fertilized!!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:yipee:

My last scan before Ec was on Tuesday and I only had 6 follicles that were looking good and growing together but there must have been a boost in the last few days and I stopped stimming on Monday so when you come to your scans, if there dont seem to be too many follicles, dont worry too much, this is such an unpredictable thing to do-its amazing what can happen!
The nurse said that 6-10 is a good number and now theyre a bit worried about OHSS...now we've just got to pray, the embies (can I call them that yet????) keep growing for us!!!

Alexapoo, Crystal and Pollydoodle-im 36 too and didnt think that was that old but after seeing FS and clinics etc, I feel like a old footballer due to retire soon :wacko: so im glad to see my eggs are playing ball with me - excuse the pun :dohh:

hope everyone is ok today and hopefully this news may make everyone a bit more confident that we are getting nearer to our BFP's[-o<

Ax

whoop whoop :happydance: angiemon that is fantastic im so pleased for you ive been wondering about you the last few days, were heading towards the first BFP :hugs:

Oh my gosh that is soooooo exciting.
Can't wait for our first BFP!
I've already got my dates I wrote them all down for someone can't remember who. Start DR on 17th jan lookin at EC 21st feb. Fingers crossed it all goes as planned.
I'm so anxious. Keep havin little rows with hubby but I think it just cos of this.
I thought 36 would be average age not old at all.
I'm 24 and I feel like an absolute baby. Everyone I meet at the ivf clinic is mid 30s oldest 46. X

Hi Wallie,

Thank you, I am excited but still obviously nervous.
There does seem to be alot of oldies (god, ive never thought of myself as an oldie before).....:haha:

We're provisionally booked in for ET on Mon afternoon but im due a phone call on monday morning to see if they want to keep the Embies til Wednesday when they will be blastocysts. I've been reading diff blogs etc on what day transfer is better but I feel that they're the experts and this is our first IVF so im putting all my trust in them. They haven't really discussed with us about putting 1 or 2 back but again, they know alot more than I do!!!:thumbup:

Is this your first cycle you're waiting for in January? I have seen you on other blogs but it is so difficult to keep up with everyone!!

Love your pups in your picture by the way!!!!

Ax

I know what you mean, it's hard to keep up with everyone and remembering who's where in their cycle. I think we'll need to put as much info as possible on our siggies.

Yes, this will be our first IVF. We're paying for it otherwise we'd have to wait another year and I'd be 37 by then. I feel time is running out each year I get older. We started ttc when I was 33.

Thanks about comment on my pups, they're my babies just now!

Good luck for Monday!

hi guys i too will be starting icsi in jan due to mf, our planning appy should be early jan and as far as i know from our clinic we can start almost straight after hopefully

xx goodluck to you all xx

Hello annie! Welcome. :)
I'm startin mid jan so we might be startin around the same time x

That's a good idea about puttin info in our siggies. Will help us remember who's who, and who's doin what and when. X

good luck to you too annie25 and welcome to the thread x

great idea about info ive added mine to my siggy x

HI Guys
Just had my bloods taken and asked for my consulatation on the 17th Dec to start Jan 7th, 8th or 9th with first day of my cycle. How long did your HIV results take to come back? They are saying 10 days so its cutting it fine as after 17th I can't get time off for the consultation until after my cycle starts in January. Boo Hoo, I say I can't my husband can't hese RAF aswell!!

hi 40yearoldmum has your hubby spoken to work about the ivf, they have been great with my hubby he was due to go to afgan this week but they have moved him to another section so we can do ivf and they are fine about time off for the appointments etc, if hes not already it might be worth going to speak to his warrant,
as for bloods were they done at gp ivf clinic or the raf med centre, if it was med centre hubbys came back in 1 day, ivf clinic or gp within a week id say x

What a great idea to add a detailed siggy and tickers! It sure is hard to remember who's who. This makes it easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->