IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

We automatically get betas at my clinic (US not UK). I think its split pretty evenly between betas vs POAS.

My OH also tends to be the optimist, whilst I usually remain the pessimist. I'm not doing that this cycle though. I'm just taking it a day at a time and remaining hopeful! I'm not even stressed yet! LOL

Meg I am so pleased you're not stressed :)
Yup Littlemouse, same here! I just have to test on the 23rd and let them know! Going to have to keep myself very busy in between!
My dh is the same, hecwas so excited from egg collection onwards and bless him, yesterday was so chuffed! He liked that the embies looked like those he'd seen in books! Lol
Feeling quite crampy today, body has been through the mill i suppose!! X

Yeah at my clinic they make you come back for a beta even if you are bleeding and they have you sign a form saying you will come back. That's the last thing I want to do..but for the last 4 iuis sure enough I was there even though I already knew I was out. Yuck. Good luck littlemouse and dream.
Megg - glad you're not stressed. I'm trying to take it one day at a time too. I just did my first injections of follistim and menopur. I can't believe this is actually starting after all of the waiting...

Yeah at my clinic they make you come back for a beta even if you are bleeding and they have you sign a form saying you will come back. That's the last thing I want to do..but for the last 4 iuis sure enough I was there even though I already knew I was out. Yuck. Good luck littlemouse and dream.
Megg - glad you're not stressed. I'm trying to take it one day at a time too. I just did my first injections of follistim and menopur. I can't believe this is actually starting after all of the waiting...

Ooh! I start my Menopur tonight! It all happens very quickly from here, darling! Hold on, its gonna be a bumpy ride! LOL

What doses are you on?

Ooh! I start my Menopur tonight! It all happens very quickly from here, darling! Hold on, its gonna be a bumpy ride! LOL

What doses are you on?

Oh wow..I'm getting psyched/nervous! What time are you taking your menopur? What else are you taking? I'm taking 150 iu of follistim and one vial of menopur. On Monday I go back for a scan and bw and they will tell me if I need to adjust the doses. What is your dosage?

What doses are you on?

Oh wow..I'm getting psyched/nervous! What time are you taking your menopur? What else are you taking? I'm taking 150 iu of follistim and one vial of menopur. On Monday I go back for a scan and bw and they will tell me if I need to adjust the doses. What is your dosage?

I take it around 7pm CST... I started with 375IU of Follistim, but I dropped down to 225IU today with my added Menopur dose (was on 225IU/150IU on the first 2 cycles, but we had to up it because of poor response). I take 1/2 a vial... I dunno what that translates too! LOL I go for my scan and bw on Tuesday! We're very close to the same schedule!!! :)

Ladies, I need help!

I'm freaking out that it hasn't worked, OTD is Monday. All week I had sore/ heavy boobs, which I kept telling myself was the progesterone side effect and not a sign of any sort. Anyway, they don't feel that way any more so I'm wondering if that means it was a sign and now its game over? Or am I just being stupid?

I carried a couple of heavy shopping bags for a short time (5-10 mins) yesterday and now kicking myself that I shouldn't have done it.

I know I probably sound like a lunatic, I just am so close to testing and now worrying my head off. I think I might cave in and test tomorrow, the waiting is killing me now and think I am just ready to know either way.

Please if you can say anything helpful I would appreciate it!!

X

Littlemouse I am sure all will be well. Im sure it's totally normal to feel that way, I do already! Sending you lots of love and positive vibes xx

Littlemouse, I doubt carrying shopping bags for 10mins would have done anything to harm your embies hunni. Please don't blame yourself if its not worked. There really is nothing any of us can do except wait and hope. I know it's a hard thing to hear but it's true. sending you massive hugs and praying its worked for you xx:hugs:

I'm sure the shopping bags didn't hurt anything! Sore boobs come and go when you're pregnant... So, I wouldn't worry!

Megg is right honey :)
I'm slightly nervous my body isn't absorbing the progesterone properly as I have no sore boobs or anything! Apart from stomach tenderness and ovary 'burning' sensation there's nothing! X

My progesterone effected me some days and not others. I'm sure you're absorbing it. Its finicky!

hey girlies i have received my info pack from the nuffield and read through it all, looking good so far and i seem to fit the criteria for egg sharing, im going to visit my gp first though before contacting the clinic again to make sure a condition ive had does not affect me being accepted, im pretty sure its not genetic so i dont think it will be a problem and ive been in remission for 9 yrs now and im very well, we have not told any family members that were looking into round 2 and i think that way we will feel less pressure if we go ahead x

Thanks so much everyone, I really appreciate it. I am feeling a little less bonkers now than when I woke up this morning. It's good to know the progesterone side effects/ pregnancy symptoms can fluctuate. I've had a word with myself and know it's still too early to count myself out.

My brother is here and we've just had a nice day out visiting flea markets and having lunch so was a good distraction. Not long to go now so hopefully I will manage without losing my marbles completely!

X

Littlemouse - hang in there - the wait sounds like it is excruciating! That's good that you're keeping busy with your brother and everything. You are not out! Also, with all of the progesterone side effects, there is no way to tell what is from pregnancy, what is from progesterone, etc, especially with an IVF cycle!

Hang in there and good luck!

Glad you are feeling better now Littlemouse!! I think there's something in the air today, I've been the same! Big hugs xx

I take it around 7pm CST... I started with 375IU of Follistim, but I dropped down to 225IU today with my added Menopur dose (was on 225IU/150IU on the first 2 cycles, but we had to up it because of poor response). I take 1/2 a vial... I dunno what that translates too! LOL I go for my scan and bw on Tuesday! We're very close to the same schedule!!! :)

We are very much on almost the same schedule! How often will you be seen for u/s and bw? I have appointments on Mon, Wed, Fri of this coming week but they said they may have to see me more than that. How do you do half a vial of Menopur?

I found the Menopur to sting a bit as it went in, and for a few minutes after, but it was tolerable. I am going to try to let it warm up to room temperature more, although I felt like it was. I know I don't have to refrigerate it, but I'm afraid with this heat that say if we lose power the house temperature will be too high. So, just in case, I keep it in the fridge.

How are you feeling on your meds so far?

You know what I found myself wondering the other day? If there are like 20 people at the same clinic doing IVF one cycle, how do they fit in all of the egg retrivals? I guess it is more of an issue with my clinic because there is only one doctor and he does all of the procedures for IVF. If it were an IUI, it is either him or the N.P but for egg retrievals obviously it is him. Well, I know they work it out somehow, I guess they just have people trigger at different times and they can completely control the process.

hey girlies i have received my info pack from the nuffield and read through it all, looking good so far and i seem to fit the criteria for egg sharing, im going to visit my gp first though before contacting the clinic again to make sure a condition ive had does not affect me being accepted, im pretty sure its not genetic so i dont think it will be a problem and ive been in remission for 9 yrs now and im very well, we have not told any family members that were looking into round 2 and i think that way we will feel less pressure if we go ahead x

Glad you are looking into starting again! It is hard having people know everything you're up to -- it is a lot of pressure, though it is nice to have the support as well. When do you think you would start treatment?

Glad you are looking into starting again! It is hard having people know everything you're up to -- it is a lot of pressure, though it is nice to have the support as well. When do you think you would start treatment?

thanks, ive no idea we really rushed in the first time without checking out the clinics etc so i want to check everything out first, and because we want to egg share we will have to have counceling first and be matched with someone but if we can start before the end of the year all our bloods will still be current so thats one less thing to do x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->