IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Hi Bean,

The main thing is that some of them have distinguished themselves as developing better than the others. That's the reason they try and do blastocysts anyway as it's a way of filtering out the best ones, but it sounds like that is already clear so please don't worry! And if you're having 2 then even better odds!!

Just try and be relaxed as you can for this afternoon. Good luck!!! And pray that the doctor is not 45 mins late like mine was, as I spent the whole time thinking my bladder would give out :)

XXX

Thanks honey.
I keep telling myself this is a positive thing but I'm not quite believing it! However until Monday we thought fet was our only option so this is very positive!!
X

Exactly! One thing I've learned from this whole process is that you can't really depend on any absolutes as each call/ appt/ scan or whatever can bring fresh news, whether good or bad. It's probably the hardest part of all, dealing with the shifting sands.

But look how far you've come and how exciting today's stage is! Then you've unfortunately got the agonising wait along with me - hopefully you can help me to stop doing my own head in :)

X

I'm sure I'll be able to honey, I am the worlds worse worrier!!
I've found that things have moved far faster than we expected! Ec was bought forward 5 days and now ET! Our embies are eager beavers hey?! Lol
Thanks for the reassurance xxx

We are home :)
Two embies looked lovely! One is 5 cells and the other is 6! Lady said that's good for today :) we have named then bill and Ben so they feel loved! Ha ha!
One was naughty and came back out on catheter so he had to go back in! Ha ha! Definitely our child ;)
Xxx

Yay, well done! Hope you are feeling really positive. Did it all go smoothly? When are you allowed to test?

I have now become obsessed in a way I promised I wouldn't.. I'm thinking of testing on Sunday which is a day early and a bit cheeky but we're not at work and that's appealing....

X

In actually really not :( feel disappointed we didn't get to blasties and I'm scared they're not gonna stick! How silly to be so scared and pessimistic already!!
I dont blame you honey, one day is nothing!

Honestly don't worry, I felt utterly miserable after ours for no reason I could explain, and it lasted a couple of days if I'm honest. My DH was really perplexed and kept trying to cheer me up but to no avail. I think I was just still recovering from it all - remember what you've been through this past month!

I moaned to my acupuncturist on Tuesday that I had been feeling quite negative and she just said it won't make any difference to the outcome and you have to let your feelings happen as they come. So, the same advice to you!

:hugs:
X

Hi

I am new to the forum but would def like to join, its nice to know theres otheres out there who are in your boat.

My first ICSI failed but I am trying to stay positive for the 2nd time ard.

x

Thanks Littlemouse! I feel like I should feel more positive n almost guilty that I'm not! Helps to know it's normal to be like this! Lots of people are so positive n using the pupo title, I'm more of a npup! X

Morning girls,
Today has taken an unexpected turn!
Called to see how embies doing. All 8 are still growing but some are slow growers and they can't say whether they will catch up! I've got a few that are growing very well and are at 6 cells and just under the perfect criteria which she said is good. They said they want to transfer this afternoon just incase. She asked how Many I want so I said two!
Feeling disappointed that we won't go to blastocyst as I know there's a better chance then!
Any words of wisdom or hope??? Xx

Almost every success story I know was with a 3 day transfer. I was heartbroken when I learned I'd be stuck with a 3 day, but it didn't matter when I got my BFP! You won't even remember that you didn't go to blast soon! :hugs:

We are home :)
Two embies looked lovely! One is 5 cells and the other is 6! Lady said that's good for today :) we have named then bill and Ben so they feel loved! Ha ha!
One was naughty and came back out on catheter so he had to go back in! Ha ha! Definitely our child ;)
Xxx

Fantastic! Congrats on being PUPO!

Good luck dreamofabean, I think we all hope for the perfect textbook embryos but 2 good uns in Bill and Ben sounds good to me.

Will be keeping a close eye to see how they do:thumbup:

dream, good luck hun! they sound like really great embies to me! **Remember, my son was a 3 day transfer!!!!

Was he psp? That makes me feel better!
I'm just a right stresser, always have been!
It's daft as dh and I had said in a way it'd be better if we got embies that were not quite perfect so we could transfer two. I got my wish and then worry that they're not quite perfect! Ha ha! Silly I know!

I would be the same dream, no matter what I get I'd prbably look at the negatives:dohh:

Its probably cos we're so used to disappointment its hard to accept when something actually goes ok or even well:thumbup:

Good luck dream! Congrats on being pupo with ben and bill. Do you go in for any bloodwork between now and your beta?

I think it's a defence mechanism isn't it, trying to be prepared for the worst... it's only natural and I'm just the same! My DH tends to go on the side of optimism that just probably pushes me more the other way, 'in case'

Kaylakin I think it all tends to be more DIY in the UK, in that our clinics just tell us to POAS and tell them the result. We are basically left to our own devices now! Not sure if that's the same for you Dreamofabean? But it's what I have to do.

We are now trying to work out when to do it, as its supposed to be first thing in the morning, but we thought it would be nicer to do when we're both about to leave for work. Wondering if we can somehow leave it to the evening so we get to be together whatever the outcome...

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->