IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

I take it around 7pm CST... I started with 375IU of Follistim, but I dropped down to 225IU today with my added Menopur dose (was on 225IU/150IU on the first 2 cycles, but we had to up it because of poor response). I take 1/2 a vial... I dunno what that translates too! LOL I go for my scan and bw on Tuesday! We're very close to the same schedule!!! :)

We are very much on almost the same schedule! How often will you be seen for u/s and bw? I have appointments on Mon, Wed, Fri of this coming week but they said they may have to see me more than that. How do you do half a vial of Menopur?

I found the Menopur to sting a bit as it went in, and for a few minutes after, but it was tolerable. I am going to try to let it warm up to room temperature more, although I felt like it was. I know I don't have to refrigerate it, but I'm afraid with this heat that say if we lose power the house temperature will be too high. So, just in case, I keep it in the fridge.

How are you feeling on your meds so far?

You know what I found myself wondering the other day? If there are like 20 people at the same clinic doing IVF one cycle, how do they fit in all of the egg retrivals? I guess it is more of an issue with my clinic because there is only one doctor and he does all of the procedures for IVF. If it were an IUI, it is either him or the N.P but for egg retrievals obviously it is him. Well, I know they work it out somehow, I guess they just have people trigger at different times and they can completely control the process.

We only make 1 appointment for u/s and bw at a time. I go Tuesday, and they'll probably have me back on Thursday. But I'll most likely end up triggering Thursday night. So, I don't expect to be seen again after that. Of course, I'm just guessing!

The Menopur... My instructions are to draw out 1cc of sterile water and mix it with the powder. Then, I draw out 0.5cc and inject it. The other 0.5cc still in the vial lives in the refrigerator until the next night's injection.

Meds are getting better. They were making me crazy for a while, but the stims help make me feel normal again. How about you?

Actually, my clinic also only has one doctor. He does every u/s, IUI, retrieval, transfer and everything else in between. They make sure we're all on nearly the same exact schedule so that they're only focusing on one part of the IVF process at a time. Almost all retrievals are done within just days of each other. I don't know how on earth they fit them all in!!!

Hi all,
How is everyone?Littlemouse how are you feeling??
I'm having sone bizarre twinging on left side at moment. Too early for implantation if it were to happen so guessing it's ovary being daft! X

Hi everyone

Dreamofabean when do they reckon implantation happens on a 3dt? They told me within 48 hours on 5dt so I guess add 2 days - doesn't that mean it could be today-ish? Fingers crossed!!

I've managed to keep my cool and will be testing tomorrow as instructed. I think I'm just ready to know now, one way or the other. Am bloody terrified of testing to be honest. Obviously the outcome will either make us elated or devastated beyond belief. It's so mad really for so much to hinge on poas.

Anyway. I'm feeling quite reflective and not very chatty so hope everyone is well and I'll update tomorrow..

X

Could be finding a cozy spot, Dreamy! Just because its not digging in yet doesn't mean nothing's going on!

Morning! BFP! :happydance:

I keep having to look at the stick to check.. I just can't believe it. Was totally prepared for -ve and not for +ve result.

I just want everyone to know that I have no symptoms whatsoever currently, so try not to drive yourself crazy like I did!

I'm still so worried it could be somehow wrong that I'm going to test again in a few days but for now am going to enjoy being P without the UPO bit!!

X

Oh yay!!!! So happy for you! Congratulations!! Have been popping in and out waiting to see your result :) such fab news! X

Qh thank you Dream! I was awake from 3.30 waiting for 6am to come which is when we'd agreed to do it so we'd have a bit of time together before work. We're both going to be exhausted today!

Fingers crossed you are not far behind me with yours :)

X

Just called clinic, none of our other embies made it :( don't really hold put much hope for these little fellas now :(

dream, please don't put too much importance on those other embies. I had a 3 day transfer of 3 embies, with a few others that did not end up making it to day 5 to freeze. However, my son was born out of one of the 3 they put in so there is plenty of hope!!

Thanks psp. I'm just so worried :( our two we had back were only 5 and 6 cells on day 3 so i was praying we at least had one that had grown further. I know they're in the best place but it's so hard waiting and I still have so long to wait! Grrr!

Thank you Psp and raf-wife!

Dream please don't worry - we didn't have any that were good enough to freeze - we had our best one put back in and look what happened! I'm sure Bill and Ben are snuggling away getting all cosy in there.

X

Thanks Littlemouse. I suppose id just held onto hope that if these had grown, b&b could too.

B&B are in a much lovelier place! And they were your best ones :)

I know it's bloody hard. It's basically impossible not to worry about every single thing so I won't tell you not to. But I found my Zita West relaxation CD really good during the 2ww - do you have something like that to listen to?

I did go completely bonkers a few times, but not as much as I expected!! I think if you do something like the relaxations/ visualisations it really helps to keep you sane.

Is it the 23rd you test?

X

I don't have the Zita one but do have some meditation CDs.
Yeah it's the 23rd I test, will be two weeks post transfer. Don't think I'll hold out that long tbh x

Congrats, littlemouse!!! :hugs:

I posted in your journal, Dreamy... It means nothing that they didn't make it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->