IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

any of you ladies taking the progestrone in oil shots after ER? I have to take them and they are leaving massive red welts on my body which are really really sore. I feel them everytime I get up and sit down, walking and sleeping is becoming very painful. I am trying to ice the areas to bring the swelling down but its not working as well as I'd like.

Any advice?

Hey davecr,
I won't be doing the shots because I'll be doing the crinone gel, but I know the ladies on here have some good suggestions for keeping the pain down. Meg has a whole protocol she uses, lol, so I'm sure they will be on to fill you in!! I'm sorry you are in so much pain... Can you switch to another form of progesterone? My clinic told me the gel and the shots are both as effective...?

any of you ladies taking the progestrone in oil shots after ER? I have to take them and they are leaving massive red welts on my body which are really really sore. I feel them everytime I get up and sit down, walking and sleeping is becoming very painful. I am trying to ice the areas to bring the swelling down but its not working as well as I'd like.

Any advice?

I did not have to take them with my first IVF, I took the suppositories, but I have heard that some people are allergic to the oil (is it in sesame seed oil?). That could be your problem. You should call the office and see what they have to say....I know the IM shot might hurt, but shouldn't be too swollen or red or itchy....
Feel better!

Megg it's gone so quickly for you, or it seems like it for me anyway. Great news you've responded better this time. Hope they're all mature and you even get frosties this time for baby no.2. Good luck!

That would be FANTASTIC! Whatever he gets usually is mature for me. 3 of 4 and 2 of 2.

It has gone quickly! I've only been stimming for 1 week.

Megg that is great news! Was your protocol different this time? How are you triggering already?? I've been stimming for 4 days, and tonight will be my fifth. I feel like we are close in our cycles but they told me my egg retrieval would be next week. I guess we will see because they have had to have me come in every day this week, which is a good thing they said so that they can keep track of everything and make any adjustments. How high did your clinic like to see your E2? It sounds like this cycle is going great for you so far!!
The one thing I'm worried about is that at my very first scan they counted 12 follicles. I went back today and they said it is tough to count all of them because they could be on top of one another, etc. So, they would know more later but they did say more could pop up. I was hoping to have like at least 15 to work with because I know not all of them have eggs in them. This being my first IVF cycle, I also don't know where the problem lies, like is it with the fertilization, or not enough mature eggs..? Oh well, I guess I have to wait and see. I go back tomorrow morning. I'm running out of veins to puncture...

Yep, definitely triggering already. I am on a different protocol this time... a more aggressive one. They definitely want to see E2 over 1000 prior to trigger, but that didn't happen last cycle. I don't have much choice but to trigger since I had at least 16 follies that were 16+mm. 6 of them were 18-21mm. And, my E2 was 2500+. So, its just time! LOL You never know how quickly it might happen.

Its tough when you don't know how many eggs you'll get based on the follie count. I remember that we thought we'd get loads the first cycle and then everyone (us and the doctor) was really disappointed when we only got 4. But, it was right in line with my E2 that time. The E2 level can tell you a lot in coordination with the follicle count. Are they telling you the levels or just keeping it to themselves?

Any advice?

Yes! I posted (a little while ago) a "ritual" that helps to avoid that. I can give you the rundown again though.

Warm a heating pad or a rice bag. Draw out your dose and place the syringe on the heat until its warm (NOT hot) to the touch. Jab and then push the oil in slowly. After you remove the needle, massage the injection site for about 1 min. Then, place the heat on the site for an additional 15-20 min. Ice is the worst thing you can do. Oil gets thick when its cold. It can't circulate through your muscle tissue when its cold. Being as close to body temp as possible is best. The massaging helps with that too, but the heat is the most important. If you don't get it circulated, it pools and results in painful red welts. No more ice!

Hi girls, just quick update, all 5 of my embies are still doing well. they're between 3 and 4 cells and looking good. So go in for transfer tomorrow at 12.50. am soooooo nervous and excited xxx

Hope everyone is well. love and luck xx

Megg33K - THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've totally been doing it all wrong and putting ice on it thinking that since the areas are are angry red and hot to the touch, that ice is the helper. I will definitely try heat pack tonight. wow - had no idea and when i asked the nurse she just said oh the welts are normal. No help at all.

Donna - congrats and good luck with ET tomorrow. Very exciting. Hubby and I came up with nick names for our little embbies so we could talk to them after ET - silly I know but it lighten the mood and relaxed us.

AFM - I was just tired and sore from the welts and not getting good sleep since its hard to turn without hurting and generally feeling down yesterday that I broke down and had a good cry. Poor hubby was so sweet and just held me and told me to let it all out. I still have another week to go before beta test and it just was feeling like such a long ways away yesterday. Its been a long journey and I just need to remember the big goal at the end of the journey will be all worth it. Could be the meds too making me all emotional too. I am looking at pics of my nieces and seeing their smiling faces to help me feel better.

Well, I suppose the welts ARE normal... But they're not necessary! The clinics really don't tell you what to do to avoid it. I only know because I was neurotic and terrified of the shots so I researched for about 3 days to find out how to make them not suck! :haha:

Well I am so glad that you did the research and found it. I wasn't able to find anything. Bless you for that! :)

Good Luck with trigger and ER. You're numbers look great! I had 16 folliciles in the right sizes when I went in for ER and they were able to get 17 out of which 14 fertilized and 8 went to full blasto. So we transferred two and froze the other 6 just in case.

I actually picked up two pregnancy books yesterday to start reading them. Hoping the positive thinking will help. But not knowing if you are yet also makes it a bit discouraging to read the books too. My husband thought I was crazy since I was already having a emotional night and crying for no reason other than I was tired. Boy, the ups and downs of this whole process is amazing and its definitely hitting me now.

Thank you to all of you for your support.

Hi everyone :wave:

I hope you're all doing okay?

Meg have you triggered yet? That has gone so fast for you - almost at EC already! How are you feeling?

Davecr I hope you're surviving those welts, that sounds horrible! I've got the suppositories which are still making their presence known in terms of windiness! When is your OTD? Hope you are surviving knicker watch ok :)

Donna that all sounds great - when are you going in for ET??

Dream, how are you doing lady? Still going out of your mind? I know it is bloody hard and you've still got a week to go... but keep your chin up sweetie.

Kaylakin how are you doing? And your follies how are they coming along?

AFM: I'm having a bit of a freakout today. When I went for a pee earlier I had some pale pink blood. Not proper blood just faint and diluted. Of course I thought the worst.. I spoke to the clinic and they said it's pretty normal to have this around the time your period would have been due. I have to keep an eye on it and they said if it turns bright red or has clots... well that would be bad. Obviously whatever they say it's impossible not to be worried. Anyway I stopped working and have been on the sofa this afternoon, terrified every time I need to pee again. I still have no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever and am terrified that it's all over before it's begun. Anyway. I'm trying not to lose my mind.

Hugs to all
X

Thanks Littlemouse. Going for ET tomorrow 12.50.

I know its easier said than done to not worry but really try hard not to. I had quite a bit of bleeding at 9 weeks but went on to have a perfectly healthy son. I think its quite common. But like your clinic said, if you get pain with it or clots then go and see someone. Hope it stops and you can relax a bit. I usually get pg symptoms around 6 weeks so i'm sure you'll get them soon enough (and then you'll wish you didn't) sending hugs and positive vibes to you :hugs: xx

Aww little mouse try not to panic too much lovely! I'm sure it's perfectly normal.
I'm ok Ta, just plodding! Am trying not to analyse every twinge but it's impossible! Ha ha! X

Thanks ladies... fingers crossed it will be okay.

Meanwhile, I've had a banging headache all afternoon but not really supposed to take anything at this stage. I'm not really a headache person so not sure if that's a pregnancy thing or what.

I certainly don't feel like dancing through a field in a floaty frock like that total myth of what pregnancy is like!!

X

Sounds pretty normal, littlemouse! :hugs:

I'm good! I'm a little annoyed because they want me to trigger at 2:30am!!! I didn't really intend to be awake at 2:30am! But, I guess I will be now! EC will be Friday at 1pm!

Thanks littlemouse! I had have the supposorities as well but since my E2 went up too close to being border hypersimulation syndrome before ER they have me taking the shots. I feel so bad for spending money on ovidrel shots too which is now sitting in the fridge waisting away. If anyone is getting ready and needs it please let me know. I haven't opened the box or anything. They switched me to lupron shots to avoid the hypersimulation.

Going to definitely try the heat pack tonight and hopefully get some good sleep. Just was feeling generally down about the whole thing last night but now I am having some ice cream with hot fudge and its amazing how sugar and fat can make you feel better LOL:winkwink:

Megg - 2:30 am trigger - ouch! Hope you can sleep in a bit that day and good luck with ER

Oh no Meg! Mine was 11.30 but it was a Saturday night so we just watched a movie, then I did the shot and we went to bed.

Can you just go to bed and set an alarm? Or wouldn't you trust it to wake you up? Good luck!!!

X

I wouldn't trust that we'd definitely wake up... And, I don't trust either of us to do the injection in a half-asleep state. We'll just wait it out. We don't usually get to bed until around midnight, so its only an extra 2.5 hours... but that sounds like a REALLY long time! LOL

Megg - fabulous stimming results I see in your siggy! I had to do that time for the trigger for both of my cycles and it is no fun. The first cycle I stayed awake with 3 alarm clocks around me just in case I fell asleep and the second cycle I went to sleep and set 4 alarms to help wake me up. :hugs:

Megg - fabulous stimming results I see in your siggy! I had to do that time for the trigger for both of my cycles and it is no fun. The first cycle I stayed awake with 3 alarm clocks around me just in case I fell asleep and the second cycle I went to sleep and set 4 alarms to help wake me up. :hugs:

Hey, I'll happily follow in your footsteps! You're almost done baking your little one already!!! Bring it on! :flower:

Congrats Littlemouse!

Good luck on your er Megg. Holy cow that has come quick. I haven't really been on in a week. It all sounds like it is going very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->