IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Nice pic Krisitn....good luck for today! Tell us EVERYTHING when you get back when you feel OK. Biggest hugs!

I have my first scan since starting stims today. We shall see what ovaries have done-hopefully a lot!

Hi ladies, well the good news is that ec is going ahead for friday:happydance:, the bad news is that my e2 is over 30000! This isn't good ad I've only got about 10 follicles, have had 2 scans today, one with the normal ultrasound lady, then another with the actual consultant who couldn't believe my results were so high with that amount of follicles. Anyway I'm now at a higher risk of ohss, so they give me a lower dose of pregnyl, I need a drip of starch up post collection and tinzaparin injections post collection-just when I thought I'd seen the back of injecting myself!:dohh:

Kristen hope your ec went well

Alexapoo hope your scan went well

Happy belated birthday RAF wife, and sorry about your sad news

Hope everyone else is good

Xx

thanks sunshine,
woo hoo for friday 10 follicles is good though i dont know anything about e2 numbers im sure you will be fine hun x :hugs:

i didn't know much about e2 numbers either, but my consultant said that each follicle normally produces at the most 500iu of oestrogen, so therefore my e2 should have been about 5000, so mine are producing way more than that, he's given me all the symptoms to look out for, and he's oncall this weekend so i have to ring him if i feel at all unwell

why can't things just be straightforward?! lol

MrsSunshine I had ohss on my first cycle. I am not sure if clinic has given you any suggestions, but as a preventitive measure there is a med that they can start you on now, and my clinic suggested salty foods and gatorade to drink only (absolutely no other fluids). Best wishes. xo

Hope todays EC went well Kristin.

Just got home and feeling surprisingly great! No nausea or anything from the anesthesia which is good.

They got 17 eggs :happydance:

They said that is above normal and really good! They will be calling me tomorrow morning to let me know how many fertilized :D They also told me (because I asked) that they can get pictures of the 2 embryo's they are transferring on the day of transfer :) I thought that would be something cool to show my kids when they get older

I'm off to go lay down now and i'll keep u all updated with what they tell me tomorrow :flower:

:happydance: yay kristin 17 eggs that is fantastic im so pleased for you sweetie :hugs:

Just got home and feeling surprisingly great! No nausea or anything from the anesthesia which is good.

They got 17 eggs :happydance:

They said that is above normal and really good! They will be calling me tomorrow morning to let me know how many fertilized :D They also told me (because I asked) that they can get pictures of the 2 embryo's they are transferring on the day of transfer :) I thought that would be something cool to show my kids when they get older

I'm off to go lay down now and i'll keep u all updated with what they tell me tomorrow :flower:

wow 17 eggs is fab!! :happydance:

hope you're still feeling ok, take care of yourself and get your OH to do everything :thumbup:

xx

MrsSunshine I had ohss on my first cycle. I am not sure if clinic has given you any suggestions, but as a preventitive measure there is a med that they can start you on now, and my clinic suggested salty foods and gatorade to drink only (absolutely no other fluids). Best wishes. xo

Hope todays EC went well Kristin.

Hi blue
they are gonna start me on a med on fri after egg collection, they're gonna give me a startch drip post collection too. they just suggested plenty of fluids, and don't hestitate to get in touch with them over the wknd and they'll get me admitted to hospital

xx

That's excellent news kristin. Well done xx

I don't know much about e2 levels either only that mine were high too but I dont know how high. They stopped me stunning for 3 nts before trigger and I had estraderm patches I think to reduce it. You'll be ok and they'll prob find more follicles on fri. Take care xx

Kirstin that's great news, 17 eggs is amazing! Hope that you are feeling fine and able to take it easy tonight.

Mrs Sunshine, sorry to hear that things aren't straightforward but try not to get too stressed about it, I'm sure that your egg collection will be fine on Friday and your consultant sounds good and on the ball with everything.

Px

Excellent amount of eggs Kirstin, lets hope you get a good number fertilized so they get the choice of fabby embryos.

Thanks everyone! Hubby has told me I'm not allowed to leave the bed, he will get everything for me lol I just woke up from a nap and I feel a little cranky but nothing worse than what I get during my period..

I can't wait for tomorrow to find out how many I have :D

Mrssunshine, I'm happy that u are going in Friday!

Just got the call from the office...they were able to ICSI 11 out of the 17...and out of those 10 fertilized!!

YAY! i'm so happy that they have a bunch that fertilized! Now they will watch them and hope they develop right :) They said they will call me tomorrow to let me know how they are doing

Wow, good news Kristin!

Mrsunshine: 10 is good too!

AFM: was kinda down yesterday as he seen 8.....but he scanned me for like 5 seconds...soon as ovary pooped into view he counted what he saw and that was it...no looking at other angles. So I don't know if that was all.....I am hoping NOT! I was too shocked to ask questions.

Did your docs look this quickly and then ascertained your # of ollies in under 30 seconds both sides?

He didn't even say "8" but just said "oh here's a bunch, 1, 2, 3 4" and said the exact same about the right.....all around 11mm he said and that they are the right size. Lining is looking good too. So some plusses, but not enough to keep me from feeling down about it all. I just want to get it over with....this is too stressfull.

I kinda was shocked I had so little and sat on the table a good 30 seconds before realizing they were coming back in to draw my E2 (165) and I scrambled into my clothes. I was down yesterday and didn't want talk much.

So he changed my injections to the top of my thighs (OUCH)-thinks my hubby was giving them in the wrong area, but sometimes Repronex is given SQ, so why should it be that critical?

I dunno, I am just bummed a bit and go back tomorrow. ANyone have any words of advice here according to your experiences?

Just seen your lovely 10 ICSI babes Krisitin as I posted! CONGRATS! Sounds very promising.

thats a fab number kristen!! you must be so happy!!! xx

alexapoo, 8 is a good number of follies, you've still got time for more to develop :hugs:. My scans have always been longer than that tbh. I felt down after most of my scans too, so there's not really much i can say, but just try and think of the positves, your lining is good, and your e2 sounds like a good number, this whole experience is just so daunting, your hormones are all over the place. i hope youre ok :hugs:

afm major bloating today and crampy pains, can't wait to get them out tomorrow!!

good luck girls

xx

kristin wow that is a great number you must be over the moon :happydance:

alexa im sure 8 is fine at your stage and as ive read so many times too many follicles can reduce the quality of the eggs which is something im concerned about :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->