IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Fingers crossed for you, our biggest hurdle is going to be having the $7000 up front and its only for 24 to 48 hours and then we get reinbursed and only end up paying the 2000. Kinda silly really but I am glad we get some of the money back :) We were told they would only put one maybe two eggs back per cycle but they really try to only put one back. I'm not sure what to think of that to be honest, what has your clinic told you?

Thanks so nervous but excited!!

Just a little funny thing mite make yous smile! Hubby was reading the first page a d asked why we all had little fairies next to our dates and I told him it for baby dust! He laughed at first but now he sprinkles 'baby fairy dust' on me everyday! Bless him
Xxxx

Fingers crossed for you, our biggest hurdle is going to be having the $7000 up front and its only for 24 to 48 hours and then we get reinbursed and only end up paying the 2000. Kinda silly really but I am glad we get some of the money back :) We were told they would only put one maybe two eggs back per cycle but they really try to only put one back. I'm not sure what to think of that to be honest, what has your clinic told you?

I've been encouraged to really go for one as twins run I. The family so potentially I could end up preggers with 4 !! ( as the saying goes, you wait for one......)
But I think in England theyre is a bit emphasis on only havin 1 put back cos with 2 it oh slightly I increases your chances but the risk if u do have twins are so high! Wat does ur husband think? Xxx

Sorry..please add us to the list on the front page for Jan. if it changes I'll let you know :) By the way we're paying just over $7000.00 for our first cycle, however Medicare will then reinburse money and we'll actually end up paying about $2000.00 out of pocket. I'm in Melbourne how does it work for everyone else?

hi crystal nice to meet you and welcome to the thread i will add you to the list now, i am in the uk and our cycle is costing just under £5000 so im hoping to get some snow babies just in case we need another go

LOL...awwww that's so sweet!! You never know that baby fairy dust might be adding up to a BFP on your first IVF cycle!!

if anyone needs there details changing to icsi or any new dates adding let me know :hugs:

I found out today that because all my tests came back good and the insurance company gave the go ahead they want to start me on the injections on day one of my next cycle...which should be dec 3 or 4th..I was expecting to wait till January! :happydance: We go for our consultation/class on November 29th so we'll see how everything goes

if anyone needs there details changing to icsi or any new dates adding let me know :hugs:

I found out today that because all my tests came back good and the insurance company gave the go ahead they want to start me on the injections on day one of my next cycle...which should be dec 3 or 4th..I was expecting to wait till January! :happydance: We go for our consultation/class on November 29th so we'll see how everything goes

congratualtions thats fantastic :happydance::wohoo::yipee::thumbup:

I've been encouraged to really go for one as twins run I. The family so potentially I could end up preggers with 4 !! ( as the saying goes, you wait for one......)
But I think in England theyre is a bit emphasis on only havin 1 put back cos with 2 it oh slightly I increases your chances but the risk if u do have twins are so high! Wat does ur husband think? Xxx

He of course wants the most bang for his buck and wants two put back...lol...I'm not sure yet I think I'll really base it on egg quality and hope for the best!! Such hard desicions to make to do what's best.

Thanks RAF for adding me to the list..I hope you get your BFP quickly, Hubby and i were talking today and I think we're going to go for January for sure. We have to pay around $7500 and then within 24 to 48 hours later I get a huge chunk of that back and will be out of pocket just over $2000..its a huge pain in the backside though because we need to have the upfront money to go ahead. I sometimes wonder who makes the rules:wacko:

Thank you! Now i'm getting really excited/nervous :)

congrats on starting yours!!!

EEEK got mine tomorrow hope hope hope hope its all good news! xx

Hello!
Just back now! Was ok said it was a half hour consultation but we were actually there about 2 hours!!!!!!
Went trough all consent forms and had an internal exam which wasn't too bad.
Starting DR on 17th jan. Can't wait. Xx

thats great hun i will update for you im guessing thats long protocol

maaybe2010
flake-y
wallie
daisyjump
heathette
waitinghoping
kristin83
angiemon
pollydoodle
crystal443

were getting quite a list now
how are you all doing, are you all as impatient as me not long now until the fun begins :winkwink:
i went on an ivf due date calculator today i will add the link it may be useful soon
https://www.ivf.ca/duedate.php

RAF wife I just seen my update date! How exciting. Ive got all my needles and all the mess now. Just wanna startNOW.
Not sure wat u mean about long protocol. I've seen others mention it. But I'm down region 17th first scan on 9th feb and if all goes well, egg collection on 24th feb. Got told our chance if success is between 47-50% which hasjust sent me on positive thinking overdrive. :)
Hubby is calling the meds 'babydust' now. So so excited and yeah I'm being very impatient. Was a bit bratty at the consultation, she wanted to push it back by 2 weeks and had a little strop and said NO xxx

Hi girls, well we had an appointment at the clinic today to sort out what meds we'll be doing & stuff!

We've decided to do egg sharing, cause it really reduces the cost for us, & since we are using a sperm donor, the egg donating was something I was interesting in doing anyway, I know what it's like to need a donor!

Anyway, that will delay our treatment for about 6 weeks, so we prob won't be having EC till Feb or March now. So I'm away to book a much needed holiday for me & DH for January!!!

on the long protocol you down reg then stim and the short protocol you just stim, im on the short protocol so no down reg i start stimming on day 3 of my cycle in jan,
it must be really exciting having everything ready in the house, your odds are the same as mine i think we have a really good chance only positive thinking from now on :hugs:

Hi girls, well we had an appointment at the clinic today to sort out what meds we'll be doing & stuff!

We've decided to do egg sharing, cause it really reduces the cost for us, & since we are using a sperm donor, the egg donating was something I was interesting in doing anyway, I know what it's like to need a donor!

Anyway, that will delay our treatment for about 6 weeks, so we prob won't be having EC till Feb or March now. So I'm away to book a much needed holiday for me & DH for January!!!

thats a fantastic thing to do flake-y, ive spoken to dh and we have decided that if we are lucky enough for our ivf to work and we have embryos in the freezer we will definatly donate them it would be amazing to help someone else, the holiday sounds like a good plan you will be nice and chilled before everything starts :hugs:

Ahhh right yeah I'm on the long protocol! Six weeks weeks it should take altogether. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->