IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

I did something that I'm not sure I should have done, but I feel better having done it. I read multiple sites about protocols that called for the last dose of stims on the same night as the trigger shot. There have been multiple studies showing greater success for egg retrieval when one last dose is administered, because the body naturally is still producing FSH when it produces the LH surge. So, I did one last round of my stims. If that gives me smaller follies a chance to grow and mature before Sunday, I will have done myself a GREAT favor. If not, I'm no worse off. My biggest follicle was only 19mm. They can easily be 23mm at egg collection sometimes. So, I'm not going to overgrow that one... and the smaller ones might have a chance now. I felt hopeless before I did this... Now, I feel like I've done my very best and might have a chance of success. (There are stories of this taking E2 from 80-something to 400-something in the 2 days between trigger and retrieval... I could use that sort of boost.) If I'm wrong... Its my own fault. But, Kevin read what I did and stood behind the decision... He actually encouraged it. Let's hope I'm as smart as I think I am! :haha:

Girl, I took a dose 1.5x the starting dose of Follistim with my trigger shot. I was normally on 300iu (until they dropped it at the end) and ended up with 450iu Follistim + trigger.

You just took the FSH analog + hCG triggers, right?

Yes! I haven't triggered yet. Its not until tonight. Most protocols had the stim coming a few hours before the trigger. So, I stimmed at 4 and then I trigger at 10:30. I did 200IU. I started at 225IU, dropped to 150IU, got bumped back to 200IU, and then I did the 200IU tonight too. What's the worst that can happen? My E2 was so low, I have no worry of overstimulating. I think it can only get better from here!

Megg - I say good for you for taking control! I dont think it can hurt
Good luck to u and poppet on ec
Beau- congrats! I hope all 7 keep growing!

Yes! I haven't triggered yet. Its not until tonight. Most protocols had the stim coming a few hours before the trigger. So, I stimmed at 4 and then I trigger at 10:30. I did 200IU. I started at 225IU, dropped to 150IU, got bumped back to 200IU, and then I did the 200IU tonight too. What's the worst that can happen? My E2 was so low, I have no worry of overstimulating. I think it can only get better from here!

Awesome! I just wonder if your doc didn't have you on too low of a dose overall. Meh, no matter. You have many follies in the running that will mature with the trigger (plus the extra ;)) so, it's ON!!!!!

Awesome! I just wonder if your doc didn't have you on too low of a dose overall. Meh, no matter. You have many follies in the running that will mature with the trigger (plus the extra ;)) so, it's ON!!!!!

That's what I'm thinking! This could take me from 3-4 mature follies up to 9! I couldn't pass up that chance! If my 14-16mm's catch up... that's an extra 6. One of those eggs might be "the one"... Its a risk I was willing to take! :) I'm feeling much better about having done it.

My dose was only 150 last time and it turned out okay... This time, it didn't go as well. But, I think maybe the last 3 days have saved it!

Did you get your fertilization report?

Do they sell pee sticks in the airport :haha:
Seriously. I was all calm and collected until I got on the plane to come back this morning. Started off happy in spain. Now crazy in chicago waiting for flight to missouri.

LOL They might? I'm waving from Peoria! You're not too far away at the moment! If only I had time to drive you a FRER! :haha:

That's what I'm thinking! This could take me from 3-4 mature follies up to 9! I couldn't pass up that chance! If my 14-16mm's catch up... that's an extra 6. One of those eggs might be "the one"... Its a risk I was willing to take! :) I'm feeling much better about having done it.

My dose was only 150 last time and it turned out okay... This time, it didn't go as well. But, I think maybe the last 3 days have saved it!

Did you get your fertilization report?

Definitely. I think it's going to be great!

Yes - the report is in post 1934 down the page ;)

Lol! Thanks :) I don't think I ever answered you girls that I live in chicago. So not too far at all. Dh has family in peoria. Most are in missouri though. Hence the sitting in the airport right now...

Lol! Thanks :) I don't think I ever answered you girls that I live in chicago. So not too far at all. Dh has family in peoria. Most are in missouri though. Hence the sitting in the airport right now...

Nice :) Actual city or burbs?

My parents live in MO on the IL border way down south.

OMG the results are in from the ICSI!!!!!!

Here's the exact message my RE sent to me:

Embryology Results:
11 - Eggs retrieved
09 - Mature eggs initially
00 - Additional eggs matured in the laboratory
09 - Total number of mature eggs injected with sperm

07 - Normally fertilized embryos

Wooooo! So they ended up getting 9 mature eggs and 7 fertilized! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

I was seriously worried about this stage. Mostly because of the "unexplained" diagnosis --> It could have been anything related to the actual conception and now the ICSI procedure bypassed that!!!!!! x7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked him if he was going to update me before the procedure how many will have made it or if he'll tell me then. He will only transfer 2, and I will freeze the rest. OMG I hope they all make it!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! <------- a wee bit excited

Fabulous news! x

Hang in there, I'm sure there's still a chance :) I'm not going under either so feel your pain! X

Oh, I'm SO happy I'm not the only one not going under! I'm terrified of anesthesia... but more so of pain! I'm wishing us both TONS of luck!

I got my call today to say I have EC at 9am Monday - starting to get a bit panicky, although not sure why. My nurse assures me it won't hurt at the time and it will be "a bit achey" afterwards... sounds like she might be understating!

Yes, lots of luck!!

I live in the actual city but grew up in the burbs and almost all of my family is in either the city or south burbs.

Sorry, finger slipped and I didn't finish my sentance. So I will try again. Whats worse, poas now get a neg and then spend weekend at inlaws or wait til monday and and possibly get bad news at work? Auhh why is this so hard!!!777

I say do it now too, otherwise you're going to be tortured all weekend!

Ug - posted a million times cos I can't read all the posts on my iphone and reply at once.

Question! Is it ok to take pain killers? My ovaries literally are killing me =/ Not sure I can make it to Monday. Does it get worse or better after trigger??

I really want to but dh says I should wait. Lets just say there is no love lost between my mil and I. If it is a bfn, my dh is worried how the weekend will go. im trying to respect that. Boo. I am not a positive person by nature so this is my feeble attempt...i can say I have no reason to think it didnt work except for my lack of symptoms. But many girls at this stage dont have any symptoms right!?!?

Poppet-I'm having problems w my phone too. I dont know about pain killers. But I do know my ovary pain was about the on ec day then got better but I had more all over abdominal pain the few days following due to mild ohss

I'm sure! What's your test date? If it's not test date yet, then hang on. No reason to think it won't be good news :)

wow looks like good news all around then! Can't wait to hear how it all goes for you ladies. I have an appt on the 14th to go over my calendar! excited!

Adanma

Poppet-I'm having problems w my phone too. I dont know about pain killers. But I do know my ovary pain was about the on ec day then got better but I had more all over abdominal pain the few days following due to mild ohss

It was a bit sore yesterday, but horrendous today and I'm worried I have another day to get through before trigger!:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->