IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

I'm sure! What's your test date? If it's not test date yet, then hang on. No reason to think it won't be good news :)
I was originally supposed to have bloods drawn today but I am traveling and cant go in until monday.

I just wish I had one little symptom to give me some hope.

Fx! Just enjoy the weekend, you don't have any reason not to have hope either :)

Personally I would test, but that's just me. If you can keep in the disappointment of a bfn, go for it, if not, it's probably not the best time to test. However if you get that bfp it'll certainly make that weekend with MIL alot easier! Up to you dearie.

If you have pain in your ovaries you may take some paracetamol. Otherwise have you tried a hot water bottle?

Hang in there, I'm sure there's still a chance :) I'm not going under either so feel your pain! X

Oh, I'm SO happy I'm not the only one not going under! I'm terrified of anesthesia... but more so of pain! I'm wishing us both TONS of luck!

I got my call today to say I have EC at 9am Monday - starting to get a bit panicky, although not sure why. My nurse assures me it won't hurt at the time and it will be "a bit achey" afterwards... sounds like she might be understating!

Yes, lots of luck!!

OMG your nurse is out of her mind. You are going to need pain relief in some form for this! A bit achey my ass!

Hello All. i will trigger tonite and my retrieval day will be on monday.

That's what I'm thinking! This could take me from 3-4 mature follies up to 9! I couldn't pass up that chance! If my 14-16mm's catch up... that's an extra 6. One of those eggs might be "the one"... Its a risk I was willing to take! :) I'm feeling much better about having done it.

My dose was only 150 last time and it turned out okay... This time, it didn't go as well. But, I think maybe the last 3 days have saved it!

Did you get your fertilization report?

Definitely. I think it's going to be great!

Yes - the report is in post 1934 down the page ;)

Its also in your siggy! I'm a moron! LOL

Lol! Thanks :) I don't think I ever answered you girls that I live in chicago. So not too far at all. Dh has family in peoria. Most are in missouri though. Hence the sitting in the airport right now...

Nice :) Actual city or burbs?

My parents live in MO on the IL border way down south.

I think our families must live in similar places too! :shock: My family lives way down south in IL not far from the MO border!

wow looks like good news all around then! Can't wait to hear how it all goes for you ladies. I have an appt on the 14th to go over my calendar! excited!

Adanma

Ooh! The 14th! That's so soon! It'll be great. :)

Hang in there, I'm sure there's still a chance :) I'm not going under either so feel your pain! X

Oh, I'm SO happy I'm not the only one not going under! I'm terrified of anesthesia... but more so of pain! I'm wishing us both TONS of luck!

I got my call today to say I have EC at 9am Monday - starting to get a bit panicky, although not sure why. My nurse assures me it won't hurt at the time and it will be "a bit achey" afterwards... sounds like she might be understating!

Yes, lots of luck!!

OMG your nurse is out of her mind. You are going to need pain relief in some form for this! A bit achey my ass!

That's what I'm saying! Mine says "well, it'll be... uncomfortable"... No crap! I've seen pics of the device they use. Its going to be QUITE uncomfortable!

My trigger got done, btw. Easy peasy.. again! My $Tree test this morning has a faint line to tell me it worked. It would be darker by tomorrow, but no reason to keep making sure. Yes, I'm neurotic enough that I have to use an HPT to prove that my shot worked! LOL

Hello All. i will trigger tonite and my retrieval day will be on monday.

Aw, good news!

And, to echo the good advice from those who've been through it - drink Gatorade (or similar) ASAP after your retrieval, or do whatever you can to minimize constipation.

That seems to be the killer for me. The actual ovary/uterine pain is about 25% of the gut pain I have!

My ovaries felt like he'd put shards of glass into them for several days after egg retrieval last time. It was nuts!

If you have pain in your ovaries you may take some paracetamol. Otherwise have you tried a hot water bottle?

I didn't like to incase i wasn't allowed. Does it have to be paracetamol or can I take ibuprofen, do you know?

Yes, lots of luck!!

Yeah, that's what I thought! I have pethadine for the actual procedure. I suppose they'll tell me what to do for pain relief afterwards. On your other point re Gatorade - is it ok to take laxative tablets?

My trigger got done, btw. Easy peasy.. again! My $Tree test this morning has a faint line to tell me it worked. It would be darker by tomorrow, but no reason to keep making sure. Yes, I'm neurotic enough that I have to use an HPT to prove that my shot worked! LOL

Brilliant! Did you just have a shot? I did my ovitrelle shot at 9pm and have been quite panicky since in case I did it wrong! It's just a quick shot and after doing two a day for weeks, it seemed like an anti climax. Plus I was out for dinner so I had to run off to the loo to do it without anyone noticing!

Yes, lots of luck!!

Yeah, that's what I thought! I have pethadine for the actual procedure. I suppose they'll tell me what to do for pain relief afterwards. On your other point re Gatorade - is it ok to take laxative tablets?

I wouldn't. If you're taking pain meds that have opiates or undergoing inhalation/IV anesthesia, it won't do much good the first few days anyway - those meds "paralyze" the bowel temporarily.

You'd be better off taking a stool softener - magnesium salts or colace and drinking your fluids.

I didn't like to incase i wasn't allowed. Does it have to be paracetamol or can I take ibuprofen, do you know?

No ibuprofen! No, no no! Not only does it act to inhibit clotting, but it can impede implantation. With the different drugs you're taking it can stay in your system a while.

Only take acetominophen :)

Gah. Won't get any new updates about my embabies until I go in for my transfer. Boo!

I wanted to know how they were developing :( Oh well. It's going to be 3 looong days.

Brilliant! Did you just have a shot? I did my ovitrelle shot at 9pm and have been quite panicky since in case I did it wrong! It's just a quick shot and after doing two a day for weeks, it seemed like an anti climax. Plus I was out for dinner so I had to run off to the loo to do it without anyone noticing!

Yes... Its just a shot. You can POAS if you need to see that it was done right. As long as its positive, you did it right! :)

Gah. Won't get any new updates about my embabies until I go in for my transfer. Boo!

I wanted to know how they were developing :( Oh well. It's going to be 3 looong days.

I love "embabies"... That's adorable!

Very exciting that it's so close though! Keeping everything crossed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"