IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Yellowbell I believe the drawing needles are used to mix 2 medicines together and then draw the correct amount of the solution into the syringe. You then put a much smaller needle on the syringe to inject yourself.

It seems really common for poeple to struggle with blood tests. Lets hope we get a nice experienced nurses from now on :thumbup:

Doodar, dont feel guilty hun. You have waited long enough for treatment yourself as all the other ladies have. We can all still help each other through at different stages of treatment :hugs:

Well I am patiently waiting for a call, that may not even come today. I couldn't sleep so got up well early :growlmad:

OMG, I am in shock. I am booked in for a scan and bloods on Tuesday and needle teach on the 19th. They are not 100% sure we can start this cycle as our file is locked away until Tuesday but as long as there was no problem with the banking then we CAN :wacko::wacko::wacko: I feel sick and like its just not real. I am waiting for them to say there is a problem.

One thing I am a little worried about is needle teach being the 19th as that would be cd24. Aren't you meant to DR on cd21?????

Tinks, how exciting!! I'm not sure on the cd21. I guess it depends on when you o'ed, etc. Are you on bcp? I'm not there in my "process" yet, so I don't know how all of that works yet. My guess is a few days woudln't make a huge dif.

No not on bcp. I am going to double check when we go on Tuesday. Don't want to sound like I am being fussy or questioning them though. I don't know.

Hi girls I'm on my bb so just a quickie. I have my mock transfer tomorrow morning.
Hope everyone is ok and had a nice bh wkend xxx

Hi Gals, thank you Sambatiki, AQ, Doodar for the replies :)

Here is the update of my appointment. I am on unexplained category :( the FS went through all the check list. He said we don't need any other tests. I was on CD14 on Saturday and we could have started the IVF this cycle but seems they had to squeeze me so hubby said we'll start the process from fresh cycle.... :( . Anyway another 14 days :)

The FS did not say anything about Mock transfer ?? Is evryone getting mock transfer before their actual transfer ?? please advice.

AQ, good luck with the mock! It's not as scary as it sounds, and then you'll know exactly what to expect for the real thing. One less thing to worry about! :thumbup:

Love, I don't think every doctor does a mock transfer, no. Probably just fine if you don't do one.

Thanks Tinks. I am not sure if I'd be doing the mixing of meds, I hope they'd just give it mixed already, lol. Yay, you got your dates! We weren't asked to take bcp too but we were told to abstain from BD or have safe BD only from CD1 to CD21 ;)

africaqueen, goodluck on your mock transfer tomorrow!

AFM, I'm having my baseline scan and bloods tomorrow morning. I've been down regging for 2 weeks now but AF still hasn't come so I don't think I'll be starting stimming soon :nope:

hello all! yay tinks for dates! I'm sure they will expect you to have questions so don't worry about asking away! I have my appointment today aswell-at 3.30. It's to plan the cycle so I guess I will get my dates too! Is it gonna be sept or oct that is the question!
Have a nice day everybody and i will report in properly later after I get back!
Tinks, yellowbell, AQ let us know how it goes!xx

Hi Ladies,

Hope your all doing well and had a good bank holiday weekend.

7 days now of injections (menopur) and still sniffing (syranel) I feel so bloated that i cant breath it is truly uncomfortable, headaches and so tired. I have scan on friday and hopefully if all is ok then EC and ET next week.

I am still trying to remain positive about the whole thing but still very scared about the process.

Take care lovely ladies Dee xx

I'm due for my appointment with FS this Friday. Also will be prescribed a pill to make my mensus start flowing again and hence stop my breast milk. Am a little upset that I have to stop BFing but really wish for this ICSI cycle. Hopefully it'll work because most likely will not try again if it doesn't. I've requested for the Egg Transfer to be in November (following that Chinese gender chart) with hopes that I get a girl if I'm pregnant :)

AQ - how did the mock transfer go hun?

Lovecutie - No, not everyone has a mock transfer. I think it depends on your clinic and/or if you have had previous problems. My clinic dont do them :thumbup: Sorry you cant start this cycle but at least you have a def go ahead for next cycle :happydance:

Yellowbell - Good luck for your scan and bloods tomorrow. I could be wrong but I think some poeple dont have a bleed. Try not to worry to much fx :hugs:

ST - How did your appointment go???

Delly - Sorry you are suffering so much on the menopur. GL for Friday :thumbup:

Janice - GL to you also for Friday, let us know how you get on.

AFM - I have had my bloods and scan. I had 11 follicles at rest on one ovary and 13 on the other so am I right in thinking my AFC (antral follicle count) is 24????? I have had a look on google and that seems normal :thumbup:. The only hitch we had was DH blood results from March!!! are not on file. The nurse said they should be on the computer but can not proceed without them. Its not our fault though is it??? :growlmad: All being well though we have the go ahead to start on the 19th, after needle teach. I will be cd24 by then but the nurse didn't seem to bothered and did not fill me with confidence. I am still quite worried about this as everyone else starts cd21 :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Hi to Sam, princess, Doodar, Trasky, Rosabay and eveyone else. Sorry if I had missed anyone :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi girls.

Love cutie- a mock transfer is mostly only done if u have had previous cervical issues such as surgery such as i have had x

Yellowbell- Good luck for tomorrows scan and i hope u can start stimming soon x

Delly- You are getting there! not long now x

JaniceT- Good luck for appt on fri x

Tinks- Fab news that you can start this cycle! u must be made up x

Schoolteacher- How did your appt go today? x

Well girls i went to the clinic today for my mock transfer and i had to gown up and dh in scrubs and we went to theatre and the Dr came and i was bracing myself taking deep breaths and then seconds later he looks at me and smiles and says 'all done'!!
I was like- are u joking?! i honestly never felt a single thing! i am so relieved to know that the actual transfer will go smoothly when our precious embies will be in that catheter :) i asked my mum to watch over me closely today and i know she did xxx

Hey all!

Well guess what-good news, I will be starting on the 19th! (same as you tinks!) apparently it would have been a week earlier but the nurse forgot to tell me not to have the 7 day break on the bcp so I just followed the instructions and did have a break. I cried when she told me (how silly) and I think she felt sufficiently guilty!!!
Currently on cd2 and you have to be taking the bcp for 2 weeks before u can stop it. So i'm gonna stop bcp on the 12th (as long as my egg share ladie's period has arrived-FX!!!) then 7 days later (19th) I have a scan and if all is well I start stimming on the same day. They give the drugs to you at the clinic instead of them being delivered and teach you what to do that same day. I wish it was sooner but beggars can't be choosers and at least I'am starting in September-I know others aren't and still waiting.
So my dates are:
19th Sept: Scan 1 and if all is well start stimms with Gonal F
Approx 23rd Sept: Scan 2 to check progress and may be given Cetrotide at this point to prevent premature ov due to pcos.
Approx 26th/27th Sept: Scan 3 and if ready for ec will have timed trigger shot of either suprecur or ovitrelle.
Approx 29th/30th Sept: Egg collection and DH may need surgical sperm extraction.
WC 3rd OCT: Embryo transfer!

Who else is starting stimms at this time? Trask?

Delly-I do not look forward to those side effects, poor you, keep going!!! we cheer you on!

AQ-So glad mock transfer turned out to be a breeze! I think sometimes we expect the worst during this long process and then are suprised!x

Hello to everyone else-quiet on here today!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello!

ST , hope your appt went well today?

Delay, sorry the drugs are kicking your ass, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Aq, so glad the transfer went well, I'm quite worried Bout that, as I find it really uncomfortable having a smear, and am worried I'll be really tense for it, so reading what you said, helps. Thanks!

Well I had my injection lesson today, ready to start the suprecur tomorrow! Still quite nervous, but I guess this first will be the worse one! I'll update tomorrow!

xxx

Hi Tinks, AQ -- thank you both :) for the clarification bit relived now .. :)

AQ- Glad your Mock transfer went well. Fingers crossed for you.....

Here is a question to all -

1- Are you taking any extra vitamin apart from the Prenatal ?
2- Have already quit Caffeine, drink ??
3- Those who have already started down regging, are you doing any exercise if you were doing any kind of exercise before ??
4- Are you all planning to take day off after ET ??

Thanks in advance :)

Zowiey- I am ok with smears but still find they hurt a little as im always tense too but honestly with the transfer you dont feel a single thing providing there is no obstructions of course such as scar tissue etc so im sure you will be fine too xxx

AQ, glad the mock went well! I hardly felt a thing, too. I hope the real thing will be that easy, too!

Hi Tinks, AQ -- thank you both :) for the clarification bit relived now .. :)

AQ- Glad your Mock transfer went well. Fingers crossed for you.....

Here is a question to all -

1- Are you taking any extra vitamin apart from the Prenatal ?
2- Have already quit Caffeine, drink ??
3- Those who have already started down regging, are you doing any exercise if you were doing any kind of exercise before ??
4- Are you all planning to take day off after ET ??

Thanks in advance :)

1. My doc has me on Co-Q 10 for egg quality. Just a vitamin, and vitamin D.
2. Yes, I recently (as in a few days ago) quit drinking caffeine, switched to decaf coffee, and haven't had alcohol since AF came 10 days ago. Everything I read says quit drinking months before the IVF cycle, but I didn't know I'd be doing it...
3. Haven't started injections yet, but I will see how I feel. I don't plan on exercising much during that time, even though I normally go to the gym everyday. :shrug:
4. Depends on when it is and how long I've had to take off already. I'd really LIKE to take the day off!

Love cutie-

1- Are you taking any extra vitamin apart from the Prenatal ? No just prenatals

2- Have already quit Caffeine, drink ?? No i still have a morning coffee and a afternoon cup of tea but i have changed to caffeine free diet coke :)

3- Those who have already started down regging, are you doing any exercise if you were doing any kind of exercise before ?? NA

4- Are you all planning to take day off after ET ?? I am taking the entire cycle off intill OTD as i am under enough emotional distress after losing my mum 3wks ago and have been signed off by Dr so will be off intill OTD so i can focus entirely on the cycle

xxx

Hi Ladies,

Im still stalking but dont feel like I have anything to contribute atm.

But I rooting for you all.

GOod to hear that all is progressing for everyone xxx

Best of luck to everyone xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79