IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Hello Ladies,

Gosh this thread moves so quickly.

Delly Sorry your suffering hun. Have you mentioned those side effects to the clinic? Make sure your drinking plenty of water hun :thumbup:

Tinks Woohoo yay! I knew all would be well for you starting this cycle. So pleased for you :happydance:

Janice good luck for your apt on Friday :thumbup:

Aq told you nothing too it, bet you feel so relieved now. Well done hun :thumbup:

ST Yay!! for dates, so happy for you :thumbup: So we'll be stimming and ec around the same time :thumbup:

Zowiey good luck with that first injection hun. First is always the worst but its never as bad as what you think its going to be.

Lovecutie
1- Are you taking any extra vitamin apart from the Prenatal ? Folic Acid and Calcium
2- Have already quit Caffeine, drink ?? Nope I tried it before and it didnt make any difference, this time I'm not punishing myself. Consultant said no proven evidence that alcohol makes a difference, although obviously I wont drink after transfer. I'm not a big drinker anyway, but if I fancy a glass then I'll have one.
3- Those who have already started down regging, are you doing any exercise if you were doing any kind of exercise before ?? Nope
4- Are you all planning to take day off after ET ?? Yes have booked a week and half off work.

Sam just by being here your contributing :thumbup: hope you get dates soon hunny :hugs:

Hi to Rosa and anyone everyone else :hugs:

Question for everyone ...

Would you continue with an IVF cycle if your estrogen levels were 759 on the day of trigger??

Delly - I hope all goes well for you and EC and ET happen as planned :thumbup:

JaniceT - oh wow, you're onto baby # 2! Yea, hopefully it'll be a girl for you this time :flower:

Tinks - I think CD24 should be fine to start down reg. Don't worry ;)

AQ - hooray for your painless mock transfer! :) Yea, for sure your mom watched over you ;)

ST - yay! you got your start dates too! Oh wow, you're on short protocol? No down reg?

zowiey - goodluck on your injections tomorrow! :)

lovecutie -
1- Are you taking any extra vitamin apart from the Prenatal ? Yes, folic acid tablets.
2- Have already quit Caffeine, drink ?? Yes, initially wanted to not completely take any caffeine
but it's really too hard so I just lessened my intake instead.
3- Those who have already started down regging, are you doing any exercise if you were doing any kind of exercise before ??
Yes, I'm still playing tennis and badminton. I'm planning to stop it once I start stimming.
4- Are you all planning to take day off after ET ?? Yes, not only a day but a week off! :)

PCOSMom - sorry I have no idea about it yet because I don't know the normal levels :blush:

hi to Rosa, Samba, doodar and to everyone else, I hope you're having a good day! :)

AFM, I went for my baseline scan and bloods today and as I've expected I am not yet moving on to stimming since my uterus' lining is still thick since AF has been a no-show and only showed itself today, right after the scan! :dohh: So I do another week of down reg and I'll have another baseline scan and bloods on Wednesday next week. Hopefully, all goes smoothly thereafter.

Hi yellowbell! yeah short protocol for me so no down reg thank goodness! I hope that an extra week of down reg for you does the trick it sounds like it will then you can get stimming! Woo! :)

Doodar-what day do you hope to start stimming then?xx

Hi ladies
Dee that seems to have flown by sorry its making you feel rough...good luck on friday...:hugs::hugs:
ST hooray for dates and short protocol...
Yellowbell hope your appointment goes well tomorrow:hugs:
Tinks that sure sounds like a lovely amount of follies...hope they manage to find your dh blood results quickly...
AQ im so pleased mock transfer went so well...bet it made it seem so real having to gown up and everything...:happydance:
Hi Lovecutie :hi:
1- Are you taking any extra vitamin apart from the Prenatal ? folic acid
2- Have already quit Caffeine, drink ?? i only drink mint and green tea
3- Those who have already started down regging, are you doing any exercise if you were doing any kind of exercise before ??nope
4- Are you all planning to take day off after ET ??will be signed off for two weeks..
Hi sam :hi:

Hope everyone else is doing good, AFM i have my pre treatment scan tomorrow and will be given all my dates then...really nervous about it all now...
lou...

Hello :wave:

Well the first injection went fine! But only after I had a full emotional breakdown :haha: I was crying, wouldn't let hubby do the injection, and made him wait 10mins, whilst I was crying like a child! Then he did it, and I was soooooo embarassed, I hardly felt a thing! But hubby was fab, he got everything ready, I think he's wanting to do it all to feel like he has a part in all this.

1- Are you taking any extra vitamin apart from the Prenatal ? Just Folic acid and a multi
2- Have already quit Caffeine, drink ?? Just started today with the caffine free tea, and haven't drank since July, I try not to, to support hubby anyway.
3- Those who have already started down regging, are you doing any exercise if you were doing any kind of exercise before ?? Erm, me and excercise don't really go together that well :haha: So nope, no planning on doing much!
4- Are you all planning to take day off after ET ?? I'm having the full 2 weeks off. My consultant advises you to take that time off. But he has also said I may need a few days off after EC, so may end up having 3 weeks off :wacko:

Anyway, hope everyone is ok?

Oh and I apologise for my last post, it was on my phone! And where it says delay, it was meant to say Delly :dohh: Stupid autocorrect!

xxxx

Hi girls.

Love cutie- a mock transfer is mostly only done if u have had previous cervical issues such as surgery such as i have had x

Yellowbell- Good luck for tomorrows scan and i hope u can start stimming soon x

Delly- You are getting there! not long now x

JaniceT- Good luck for appt on fri x

Tinks- Fab news that you can start this cycle! u must be made up x

Schoolteacher- How did your appt go today? x

Well girls i went to the clinic today for my mock transfer and i had to gown up and dh in scrubs and we went to theatre and the Dr came and i was bracing myself taking deep breaths and then seconds later he looks at me and smiles and says 'all done'!!
I was like- are u joking?! i honestly never felt a single thing! i am so relieved to know that the actual transfer will go smoothly when our precious embies will be in that catheter :) i asked my mum to watch over me closely today and i know she did xxx

thank you, dear! I'm glad that your mock transfer went so well! I had no idea what a mock transfer was until you posted about it. My best wishes to you and that this time, will be your special time to be blessed with a LO :)

Loopy, I'm hoping to find out my dates, too. They gave me an arbitrary "3 weeks" last week, but I would like to know exactly when I start! Maybe we'll be close together!

Zowiey, congrats on the first injection! I completely relate with you. I have a feeling I'm going to react the exact same way when I start. My dh is great too, and he'll have everything ready. I am SO glad to hear that you didn't feel much, though! Makes me feel a lot better.

Janice, welcome! I think I remember seeing you on the IVF successes page. Back for another round? Will this be #2 for you?

Hi ladies, my meds were just ordered. I start on 225 iu's Follistim. :wacko:

Follistim #3 900iu cart, 2 refills
Follistim pen
Menopur #15 75iu vials, 2 refills
Ganirelix Acetate (Antagon) pre-filled syringes, #4, 2 refills
Ovidrel pre-filled syringe( HCG), 250 mcg #2, no refills
Medrol 16mg tablets #7, no refills
Doxycycline 100mg tablets #14, no refills
Doxycycline 100mg tablets #20 (partner), no refills
Progesterone in oil 50 mg/ml, 10ml vials, #3 vials, 2 refills
3cc syringes, 22G, 1½” needle #30, 2 refills
18G, 1½” needles #30, 2 refills
27G ½“ needles # 15, 2 refills
sharps package

Hi, Chris! :hi:

Question: I have lots of refills for meds too. Will we actually need to refill them at some point, or are they only on there for future cycles if we need them? Do we get all the meds we will need for the entire cycle delivered at once?

The refills are if you need them for future cycles or if for some reason, you really need to increase the doses. Yes, you will get everything you need for one cycle at once.

Hi yellowbell! yeah short protocol for me so no down reg thank goodness! I hope that an extra week of down reg for you does the trick it sounds like it will then you can get stimming! Woo! :)

Doodar-what day do you hope to start stimming then?xx
Hopefully Sept 16th if Af behaves herself and then EC around 28th.

Hello :wave:

Well the first injection went fine! But only after I had a full emotional breakdown :haha: I was crying, wouldn't let hubby do the injection, and made him wait 10mins, whilst I was crying like a child! Then he did it, and I was soooooo embarassed, I hardly felt a thing! But hubby was fab, he got everything ready, I think he's wanting to do it all to feel like he has a part in all this.

xxxx

I was the same hun, kept saying ok ready! No just wait a minute! Ok ready! No just wait a minute. In the end he got fed up and just jabbed me with it. We had a right laugh about it afterwards.

hello ladies, well had my scan today 7 follies altogether which i suppose i should be glad about, just doesnt seem like many to play with...needle training next friday and start down regging on the 16...
hope you are al fine....
good luck Dee for tomorrows scan....xx

ST & Loopylew :happydance::happydance::happydance:for dates. No DR ST :thumbup:

Loopylew, you will only be 3 days ahead of me :thumbup:

Yellowbell, Sorry you are having to continure DR for a little but longer but you must be releived AF finally showed :hugs:

Glad mock transfer went ok AQ :thumbup:

Zowie, I think you reaction is fairly normal, dont beat yourself up about it. Injecting at home is new for most of us and is a big thing :hugs: How did it go today?

Chris & Rosababy, the med lists are really confusing me :wacko: there seems to be so many different items :wacko:

Hi Doodar, Janice, Sam and everyone else :kiss:

Sorry forgot who asked but I am still drinking caffine but have reduced and have de caf at home. I am only having a glass of wine every now and then and stopping completely DR or stimming, not decidied yet. I dont know what time I am take off either yet but want to work as much as poss to keep busy. I work in an office so can take it easy :thumbup:

The only vits/suplements that I take are folic acid & multi vit. Is this enough??? I dont take any pregnecare or anything :shrug:

Cant wait for needle teach :happydance::happydance: My meds dont get delivered either the clinic will give them to me at needle teach

I think the med list looks more confusing than it actually is

It's really just follistim, menopur, ganirelix and ovidrel. Then medrol (to help keep the body from rejecting the embryo) and an antibiotic for both me and DH. Then progesterone after the transfer.

Hi Tinks, it was me who asked all those questions :) thank you for taking some time and replying to my qs :)

Thank you AQ, Doodar, yellowbell, everyone else for answering :)

I hope AQ you are doing good after the Mock Transfer .....

Hi Zowiey, I could imagine the scenario as I am also scared of needles and I had similar situation during HSG shot with IUI :haha:

Doodar looks like I won't be far behind you..... :)

Hi girls, just a quickie to say im on dh's dongle using his sim card and he is back in work tomorrow till sat so i wont be online till then. Hope everyone is ok and nothing to report with me. Just waiting for needles appt on the 9th and dr starts 13th. I am struggling with my grief so trying to get myself a bit better before treatment starts. xxx

I think the med list looks more confusing than it actually is

It's really just follistim, menopur, ganirelix and ovidrel. Then medrol (to help keep the body from rejecting the embryo) and an antibiotic for both me and DH. Then progesterone after the transfer.

The pharmacy called and read off the list of meds. At first, I tried writing them down and then I was oh forget it! :wacko: LOOOONG list!

Had my egg retrieval today...18 eggs. Should find out how many fertilized tomorrow. :)

Hi Ladies.

I think Im going to have to leave this thread for now... I very much doubt that we'll be cycling for a little while and am struggling with it. I know you'll all understand :hugs:

Wishing you all the very very best with your treatment and I'll keeping everything crossed for you all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->