IVF/ICSI in July

Excellent news Starbright - it will be here before we know it. I'm really scared though - it could be all my dreams come true or it could be devestating. I'm most scared that they will find some kind of problem, with my eggs or something which means that we can't do IVF again. Then where do you go???? Sorry to be a bit doom and gloom. Just nervous..... :wacko:

I'm waiting for AF to arrive, hopefully in the next 4-5 days, then I can book to start! Won't start sniffing for another 3 weeks though, but at least I can get my drugs. Thats a step in the right direction. I have drugs left over from the 1st time so I wonder if I can use there and save some cash?

babychristie, its normal to feel like that :hugs: Not doom and gloom, just the rollercoaster that is IVF. When are you starting?

Caline I am waiting for af too so that this cycle can get started - day 21.

Question - does anyone's clinic do blood or scans before day 21...?

Thanks Caline, nice to know its normal. I feel like an emotional freak! AF is due around 8th June and then I start sniffing on Day 21 so think I made it about 29th June. Not long, but still quite far away.

I'm not being particularly good. I am trying to eat more fruit and veg but am also eating more crisps, chocolate etc. Am taking pre-natal vitamins and never drink caffeine but I am having a few glasses of wine when I fancy them. Does that make me bad? I guess I'm not going to be able to drink for a couple of months when going through treatment and haven't been whilst going through IUI so have to find some benefit to not being pregnant!

babychristie, I'll be down regging about the same time as you. I am expecting AF this week, so 3rd or 4th week of June for down rregging.

It can't come soon enough!

Hi girls I think I'll be starting ICSI again end of july rolling into august or possibly august rolling into september. Thought I'd join in if that's OK :)

Welcome Mummy, nice to have you join us.

Looks like there are a number of us with very close dates - im waiting for af (about 8th June) then start meds day 21 - cant come quick enough!

Hi Ladies

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I've been told that I can start on day 21, I'm currently on day 5 of my cycle. So they would be collecting eggs etc end of June/ start of July. Would that mean I would be in this thread or should I be on a different month? I'm a bit confused!

OH and I need to have a proper talk tonight as we may decide to try one more month naturally before commencing ICSI.

Hey Springflower - i post and keep an eye on the June thread as well as here but as my meds & EC will be mostly July, i thought it better to make a July thread.

Most cycles cross more than 1 month so which ever one best represents your progress is where you will be able to relate most. Some of us are on short protocol so will also have EC at the same time as you but not down reg.

Have you a schedule yet? My clinic ask us to pay a deposit and commit to a rough time in advance - obviously nothing to stop us trying natually in before that!

Hi Angel

Thanks for clarifying. I've been told I will be on a long protocal and they have shown me a template schedule with details of the different injections etc. I also have to take suppostories (sp - sorry!) which I hadn't realised, nobody mentioned that before!

Good luck! is this your first attempt?

No springflower this is my 2nd time. I had a failed cycle in Feb/March. I had 2 embryos transferred but sadly it didnt work for me. I had long protocol last time but they have changed me to short because i didnt respond well to the meds - only 3 eggs!

Have any of you thoughts on the number of embryos you will transfer? Last time we decided on the day but they recomended 2 for better success at my age (37), although there are risks with that.

Hello to all!!

New here. I'm from Poland, but now I'm living in Belfast. I'm very stressed as this will be my first IVF and really need support. I'm completely green at the moment and don't know what to expect. TTC for three years - two ectopic pregnancies.

We have appointment for blood test on Thursday, which is also the date of expected AF.

PS
Sorry for grammar mistakes, but my English isn't perfect and hopefully you don't mind me being here.
:shy:

Hi Magdalena, nice to have your company. Im also having treatment in Belfast (Origin) - are you attending the Royal or Origin? Sorry you seem to have had such a bad time so far and hope IVF works for you. Ask any questions you want as someone is always about to help or if they cant do that, they will sympathise!

Your English is brilliant, in fact im almost ashamed to say its my first language!

Hi Magdalena:flower:

Welcome!The people in this forum are lovely and as Angel says, someone usually can get help with questions and if not people are always very comforting here. You have brilliant English!!

Hey Angel - Oww I'm sorry it didn't work out for you last time, fingers crossed this will be your month! All being well I think we will go for two, but we need to think some more about it. There's so much to consider isn't there! To think a month ago I hadn't even heard of ICSI! :blush:

I had 2 put in last time, and would def have 2 again. I'm having my protocol changed too from long protocol to antagonist. I hadn't heard of ICSI before this either, I was like ICSI...what's that!!

Hiya ladies!

Sorry i've not been on here over the last few days, was away for the bank holiday weekend and it was almost impossible to get BnB on my iphone!
Welcome to everyone just joining us!

How is everyone doing? I've tried to have a quick catch up to find out where everyone is at, we've got a nice group here now!

Got a bit if a Dilema..... I go back to the hospital on Monday for blood results and providing everything is ok (which I am very sure it will be) we can crack on with FET. But, DP and I have been talking about booking a holiday for the end of June/ beginning of July for a bit of RnR and de-stress before FET. I can't decide if this is a good idea or not???? I think about getting pregnant everyday and I don't know if i'll be able to 'just chill' on holiday or not. DP would love a break and so would I but emotionally it's a bit different for us and I'm not sure I can cope with the waiting.
My IVF journey hasn't gone very smoothly and I think a part of me is worried about something going wrong or not getting pregnant, so in a way i'm worried i'm using the holiday as a way of delaying the treatment and then I can keep dreaming that one day soon i'll be a mummy!

Sorry for the rant, I hope all this makes sense! Would love to hear anyones views.

Chesca xxxx

Springflower - you asked about the suppositories. I had to use the same ones for my iui. They are not too bad. Not that comfortable and kind of messy, but they serve to build an extra "sticky" lining to increase chances of implantation.

I am excited for us all to get this cycle started.

Magdelena there is a great book you can order online - it is called - The couple's guide to ivf. It has great information that is quite understandable - although I know some people prefer not to know that much info lol.

Chesca that is sch a hard decision. I know exactly what I would want lol - to do ivf instead of vacation - but it depends on some factors. Is it a better time to take work off, do you think you could relax, could you still go on a vacation after ivf (when you are pg). If we all knew that ivf was a guarantee it would make the decision easier wouldn't it.

Chesca, i have to echo Blue, i think i would start the ivf but perhaps book a break at the end of the 2ww? I did that during my last cycle with the intention that it would either be a celebration or a time to get away and adjust to the failure. Sadly it was the latter but it gave me time to think and come back stonger for the next round.

Chesca - DH and I having been talking about holidays we are going to wait till after ICSI and fingers crossed get a BFP then think about a holiday. I've looked into flying whist pregnant and most say there's no reason why you shouldn't fly. They only stop you in the later stages.

I just realized dh and I booked a holiday to start on the official test date lol. Not intentionally but it works out that way - and hopefully it is to celebrate, but like angel said, we could grief together and try to re-coup our minds if it doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->