IVF/ICSI in July

Hi,
Got AF yesterday - Hope didn't have to take any meds and will be able to start with day 21. Tomorrow basic blood screening, so I'll probably know more.

ANGEL - I'm taking my free try @ Royal.

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok. I'm just killing time at the moment. AF is due next week then I'll start down regulation on day 21.

Chesca - DH and I are off to Cuba for two weeks next Tuesday. We decided to have a break before IVF to chill out and enjoy ourselves. I was worried about being able to swim, sunbathe, eat what I liked, drink etc after getting pregnant so decided not to put my entire life on hold but to enjoy myself instead. It's a personal thing but if we need a weekend away if it doesn't work then we can always do that in late July.

xx

Thank you all so much for your messages!! We still haven't made a decision but reading all your comments has given me something to think about. There are some really great offers out there at the moment and a part of me thinks that DP and I should make the most of it!! We shall see what the next few weeks bring.... will keep you all posted.

Babychristie - Where in Cuba are you off to?

Aclio - How are you feeling now? When are you next back to see the consultant?

chesca xxxxx

Called in with my day 1 today - going for blood work and ultrasound on Friday - as a baseline, even though I won't be starting until cd 21.

Wow Blue12 - you're on your way! I'll be joining you within the next few days so we should be pretty close date-wise. Let the games begin!

Good on you Blue! Baby Christie should be right behind you - start of next week.

How's everyone else doing?

I am so excited about this cycle and normally I feel like I cannot stand the wait. But I feel quite comfortable knowing that I have another 19 days until I start the meds. I have so much else going on between now and then that I think I will able to keep my sanity during the wait.

I have waited so long for this moment - that I feel kind of relaxed knowing that it is happening for real now. I think I also feel calm because I have done all the same injections with my iui cycle and the needles don't bother me at all.

Does anyone else feel like this? A very calm feeling?

Hello Ladies :flower:

Well after much umming and erring OH and I have decided to go ahead with ICSI in July not June. Even thought I'm desperate to get started asap I've got a heavy work load then and it's silly not to wait one more month. Also OH wants to have one more shot naturally.

So I think I'll be one of the later ones, as I'll start my injections around 14th July.

I'm soo excited can't wait to get started!

I hope we all have a very lucky next few months (well 9 months! :haha:)

:hugs:

Hi ladies - I thought I'd join you, as I've just started my 1st cycle of IVF/ICSI. I'm on a protocol which starts with BCP which I started yesterday. I'm having an AMH blood test on Wednesday (my blood needs to be couriered to another city, which only does the AMH tests on a Friday), so will know sometime the week starting 14 June when I start down-regging, so am guessing the main action for us will be during July.

Nice to meet you all, and hope we can progress to bump-buddies together.

:dust: to everyone and the Drs who perform their own magic

Chesca - we're off to Havana for 3 days then 11 nights all inclusive in Jibacoa. Good job I'm not pregnant I guess!

Blue12 - I can't say I feel calm, I'm sort of hyper active! My brain is whizzing at a million miles per hour worrying about all the possibilities. I'm hoping the calmness will set in after AF arrives in a few days and I'll be waiting to down reg.

Springflower - I might start my stim injections around the middle of July. Is that your stims starting on 14th or down reg? It's getting close for all of us now!

Wondering if anyone else is doing acupuncture during this cycle? I have been doing acupuncture for the last 3 months and have had a lot positive results and I plan to continue it for this ivf cycle. I think I asked this before lol - but I can't remember lol.

Hello everyone!!

Just got letter with appointment with nurses on 21 June to pick up meds. This waiting is killing me. I just wish I could fast forward time.

Springflower - I might start my stim injections around the middle of July. Is that your stims starting on 14th or down reg? It's getting close for all of us now!

Hey BabyC!

Ohhh I feel like a numpy but I don't know what "stims" or "down reg" mean.:blush: Sorry it's going to be my first time and I don't yet know the lingo!

But I do know that I'm on a long protocal starting with injections on 14th July (should be day 21). Does that answer your question?

I'm soooo excited its ridiculous! I just want that time to come, I'm not even nervous yet, although I know that feeling will come!!

:coffee::coffee::coffee: hurry up July!!

Welcome Leilani - wow we have loads of nationalities goingon here! Great that we can support each other across the world! Good luck!

Springflower, i was the same first time around as we progressed from we have a problem to we are doing icsi in double fast time so we were learning as we went along. Down reg comes first where they slow your reproductive system down so they can create an artificial cycle then they fire it all up with stims. The final injection will be different than the rest and triggers the release of eggs.

I currently feel AF coming and if the cramps are anything to go by, she is angry!! At least then we can get a schedule and get moving!

Its all starting to go here now!

Ahhh I'll be behind you I'll be down regging on 14th July. I think I might be the last in the group for July.

BabyChristie - that sounds wonderful, I hope you both have a wonderful time!!!! We have booked a hol now too, off to Aruba in a few weeks, so excited now, think this is just what my body needs after what we've been through this year!

I'm due back to the hospital tomorrow to get blood results then hopefully we can crack on with FET. I have one of my best friends hen doo's in July so it's looking like my FET will be early August - all depending on AF of course!

I think today is a good day and i'm feeling very positive about everything again. I can't remember if I told you all or not but my little sister has recently found out she is pregnant. We are very close and she was very nervous about telling me, I'm genuinely over the moon for her but obviously wish it was me aswell. I've been dealing with it all ok until last week, she is obviously very excited and she had just had her scan and wanted to talk to me about it but I just felt like I wanted to cry..... I feel so selfish! I'm hoping that this feeling isn't going to stay permanently, i'm putting it down to PMT at the mo!!

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!!

Chesca xxx

Chesca, how did the blood tests go today? Its only natural to feel like you do and im sure your sister understands how difficult this must be for you to deal with! IT WILL BE YOU! PMA!

Hope its the last holiday you all have as couples! More expensive with a few little ones!! You lucky things - i have resigned myself to no summer hols this year!

Well AF still hasnt arrived but has been leaving her calling card - hopefully tomorrow?!

Hi everyone. Last post before I go off on hols this afternoon. AF due any moment which should make a 10 hour plane journey lots of fun! At least we'll have a schedule and dates confirmed for down regging. Have PMT so feeling angry and teary about it all at the moment but hopefully once we are inside the month, I'll start to feel much more positive.

Angel, looks like we could be heading for a similar date then? Are you doing long protocol too?

Springflower - glad you are excited about it all, it will be here before you know it!

Blue 12 - we've decided not to do acupuncture as I haven't done it before and my doc was quite dismissive of it. He just said 'do what ever works to relax you' so I've booked lots of massages before I start to stimm to try to keep me calm. Friends have said acu really worked for them though so glad its helping you.
Back in 2 weeks girls, when we should all be pretty much starting! Keep positive.

xx

Have an amazing trip - minus the flight with af - can't wait until your back and we will all be starting!!!

i just got back from the hospital where i underwent a laparascopy and they tested my tubes etc.

both my tubes are clogged in one point, when the doc came to see me this morning
he told me IVF is the only option for me.
i nearly cried when he left my room, then eventually did when OH came to pick me up
and i had to tell him...

so yeah, my cycle just started but we're not starting IVF this cycle,
we will discuss everything with the doc the 17th, then go from there,
so my first IVF cycle will be in july then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member