• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

natp18

Reaction score
Hello

Just wondered if anybody has or is starting their IVF/ICSI at Liverpool womens hospital?

I am starting my 1st cycle this month and very nervous.....
Be good to hear others experiences of the hospital/the care and the staff lol

Oh me and my partner are having ICSI,because his sperm is not great and I suffer with PCOS.

We have no living children with us but have our 3 Angels in Heaven...we very recently lost our daughter Lillie to a rare genetic syndrome and she was still born in OCT 09....Things are still very raw for us and we are still stunned that we have to have this kind of fertility treatment to be able to concieve again....

Not looking forward to the injections and the side effects at all

Anyway I am ramberling now lol

Hope everyone is well

Hugs
Nat x

Hi Nat.
Firstly, i am so very sorry for your losses.
I can not comment on the women's much, but i do know one of the consultants who is called mr Ellard and he is such a lovely man. The staff there are great and they have a good name. Me and dh have no children. I had a ectopic in Jan and another one 2 days ago so now i have no tubes and IVF is our only chance of becoming parents.
I am still raw but when i have healed and lost more weight, we are going to get our names on the list. How long did u have to wait? i would love to know how u get on.
I too am scared at the thought of all the meds and invasive treatment, but this is the only chance we will ever have at having our own biological child so we have to try.
We are hoping to try a cycle next spring/summer as i have been through so much the past 6mths, i need to get myself together again and accept what has happened to me.
You are not alone. I am not on the boards much as im too depressed at the moment but PM me anytime and i wish u the best of luck xxx

hello ladies

so sorry for you losses xxxxxx

im at the women's hospital. my consultant is Dr Lewis-Jones he is lovely. he was able to answer all the questions my husband and i had. i found all the staff very helpful. We also had to have ICSI because we have to use donor sperm which was a little hard on hubby when we first found out.

MY TREATMENTS SO FAR
i had ICSI may/June 09 bfn
frozen embryo transfer sept 09 bfp but had early miscarrige
frozen embryo transfer july 10 i test on friday to see if it has worked but if not i hope to start a fresh cycle in a few months time.

i didnt have many side effects off the drugs but every1 is different. when down regging i just had hot flushes and headaches then when i started the stimming i got bloating and ovary discomfort but nothing painful. i was a little sore after EC but painkillers did ease it and didnt feel a thing with the transfer even though i was still sore from egg collection.

i do have to say the only complaint is there phones. a few times (not every time) ive been trying to get in touch with someone for over half an hour with no luck but you do get someone in the end. so if you have that problem please keep trying

if you have any other question please ask i will answer them if i can :hugs::kiss:

Thank you Anita.
Please keep us updated with how its goes. I will have TONS of questions in a few mths time! lol. How long did u wait on the list to get treatment? xxx

i was on the waiting list for 2 years. we had totally forgot till we had a letter through the door for the information evening

Hello Lovely ladys and thanks for your replys

African Queen......I am sorry about your losses hun,it must be very difficult for you at the moment and in the future hun,keep trying hun and you ll have your baby in your arms.....thats what I keep telling myself after my losses.
I know all about the weightloss for treatment,I have always been overweight until I knew loosing weight was a must if I wanted treatment ...... its funny I always wanted to be thin and now I am fairly thin it just dosent matter to me as long as treatment goes well. This was a huge incentive though.....
Spring/Summer I will be having my fingers and toes crossed for you hun. Like you I dont seem to be on here a great deal as I am still quite down but hopefully icsi will help lift my mood or not!
I will PM you soon just to see how things are hun
hugs
Nat x

Wrightwales........wow you have already been through quite a bit hun,so sorry to hear about your loss hun. I have seen a Mr Kingsland who was nice but very thorough.We saw a nurse who was in a foul mood after a long journey into work,everything was very rush rush.......Its literally taken 6 weeks from them recieving my referal letter from my local hospital. I am gob smacked how quick its all gone,thats shocking you had to wait as long as you did...........do you know why that was?
I am going in next week to pick meds up and for the nurse to show OH how to inject me,did you inject your self?
I am starting down reg on 1st August,very nervous as I will be on my holidays in Greece when I start....i just hope i dont have any side effects whilst over there.
How long did they keep you on the Brusilin? I have got my fingers and toes crossed for Friday hun,hope all goes well

Keep me updated as I would love to know how you are both getting on
hugs
Nat x

hiya girls how are you all just want to say good luck to you all and i am under mr kings-land he is a great man and lovely to speak to if i don't get Cort this month i will be going back to see him to see what is next he has already sejested ivf but i want to try iui 1st xxxxxx

I'm only under going tests atm but my OH's FS is Lewis-Jones and he's really nice O:)

I can't remember what mine is called, he's Eygptian and I don't really like him. . .
I can't really understand him and I just didn't feel comfortable with him.

Good Luck with everything hun O:)

xx

not sure why it was so long never really thought to ask but once we had the letter everything happened quite quick apart from me being ill for 3 months which put us back a bit but cant do much about that.

yes i did inject myself. hubby has a needle phobia so no chance of him doing it he would of had his eyes closed or be flat out on the floor lol

i was on buserelin for 31 day and and on day 19 i started on menopur for the last 12 days. i got 23 eggs only 14 were mature but got 11 embryos. in total ive had 6 transfered and the rest didnt make it

Best of luck for testing Wrighty! pray it has worked for u x

Nat- Keep in touch and let me know how u get on, wishing u all the best x

xxx

Hi Girls,

I am too currently doing IVF at LWH. I started IVF last June, I had EC in the August which collected 27 eggs, 23 fertilised, due to collecting so many treatment was cancelled for 3 months.

Started again in November, had ET 15 Jan and has m/c on 02 Feb.

Started again 10 June, I am on day 36 of a med fet, I have 14 frostes and they are being thawed 26th July and ET will be one day that week.

In LWH I find most of the Staff very helpful and friendly.

Look forward to chatting.

Georgina x

Hi Girls,

I am too currently doing IVF at LWH. I started IVF last June, I had EC in the August which collected 27 eggs, 23 fertilised, due to collecting so many treatment was cancelled for 3 months.

Started again in November, had ET 15 Jan and has m/c on 02 Feb.

Started again 10 June, I am on day 36 of a med fet, I have 14 frostes and they are being thawed 26th July and ET will be one day that week.

In LWH I find most of the Staff very helpful and friendly.

Look forward to chatting.

Georgina x

Hi Georgina

OMG I have heard about cycles being cancelled for different reasons,but why did they cancell when you responded really well? sorry I find all this very confusing .....really sorry you have suffered this delay.
Sorry to see your losses hun,I guess that was and probably is still hard for you.
I have my fingers and toes crossed for the 26th Hun

hugs
Nat x

hiya girls how are you all just want to say good luck to you all and i am under mr kings-land he is a great man and lovely to speak to if i don't get Cort this month i will be going back to see him to see what is next he has already sejested ivf but i want to try iui 1st xxxxxx

Hi Hun

Fingers and toes crossed for this month. Yes I found Mr Kingsland down to earth.Is there any reason you want to try iui 1st?

hugs Nat x

I'm only under going tests atm but my OH's FS is Lewis-Jones and he's really nice O:)

I can't remember what mine is called, he's Eygptian and I don't really like him. . .
I can't really understand him and I just didn't feel comfortable with him.

Good Luck with everything hun O:)

xx

Hi Hun

There is nothing worse when you dont feel right with a doctor and more so when you cant understand them.....how frustrating,why dont you ask to see another Doc hun. Keep us updated and hope all goes well with the tests
hugs
nat x

Thanks hun O:)

OH has his appointment on Monday so I might ask then if I can get changed over to him that way I don't have to go with mine and we'll be under the same person which I think makes more sense! lol

xx

Hi girls.
Have any of you looked into having IVM rather than traditional IVF?? I have read up on it and im not sure how many clinics offer this, but as it involves no drugs it is virtually risk free and has a 40% success rate. I am going to be asking for this. Saves any worry of OHSS etc and works as well, if not better. It is much cheaper to do too xxx

I am currently on my 2 week wait after having 2 8 cell embryo's put back on the 8th July at the LWH, I wouldn't worry too much about your consultant. I had Mr Kingsland and paid £175 for 1st consultation and £105 for 2nd consultation but whilst undergoing treatment I have not seen him since !!! I have found the womens to be not very good at providing information about what to expect from one step to the next. The nurses are great but i have got all of my guidance from my acupunturist who is amazing and from doing my own research !!

My other problem I had was I was told it was my choice if I wanted 1 or 2 embies put back but on the day the embryologist refused to put 2 back coz they were of good quality and bacause of my age (i'm 28) so after a heated debate i was not backing down that I wanted 2 putting back and she agreed and stormed out of the room. So ladies please remember it is your decision and don't be pushed into something you may regret later.

hi everyone i have an app. for tue in the womens hospital liverpool. i am from liverpool but have been living in ireland for 8 years. i have been under a fertilitly clinic in ireland had all the test done an i have no eggs!! had cancer as a child an the cemo killed them off. they dont do egg donation in ireland so have to come home to have it. was just wondering has anyone been thro this an what have i to excpect??

Mandy- i am so sorry to hear about that. Egg donation is a wonderful thing and the women that donate are amazing, as is your strength to not let anything stop u being a mother :) I dnt know anything about that, but wanted to wish u the best of luck and i hope it works first time for u xxx

Hi girls.
Have any of you looked into having IVM rather than traditional IVF?? I have read up on it and im not sure how many clinics offer this, but as it involves no drugs it is virtually risk free and has a 40% success rate. I am going to be asking for this. Saves any worry of OHSS etc and works as well, if not better. It is much cheaper to do too xxx

Thanks for the info,looks very promising
hugs
nat x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back