IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

I am currently on my 2 week wait after having 2 8 cell embryo's put back on the 8th July at the LWH, I wouldn't worry too much about your consultant. I had Mr Kingsland and paid £175 for 1st consultation and £105 for 2nd consultation but whilst undergoing treatment I have not seen him since !!! I have found the womens to be not very good at providing information about what to expect from one step to the next. The nurses are great but i have got all of my guidance from my acupunturist who is amazing and from doing my own research !!

My other problem I had was I was told it was my choice if I wanted 1 or 2 embies put back but on the day the embryologist refused to put 2 back coz they were of good quality and bacause of my age (i'm 28) so after a heated debate i was not backing down that I wanted 2 putting back and she agreed and stormed out of the room. So ladies please remember it is your decision and don't be pushed into something you may regret later.

Hi Hun

Good on you for sticking up for your rights with the embrologist,has she got short blonde hair as I have met her and found her very forceful in her opinions......

Could you give me some info on acupunture pls,I have heard its good whilst going through treatment,but not sure why lol

Pls keep us updated after the 2 ww ,i have my fingers crossed for you hun

good luck

hugs
nat x

hi everyone i have an app. for tue in the womens hospital liverpool. i am from liverpool but have been living in ireland for 8 years. i have been under a fertilitly clinic in ireland had all the test done an i have no eggs!! had cancer as a child an the cemo killed them off. they dont do egg donation in ireland so have to come home to have it. was just wondering has anyone been thro this an what have i to excpect??

Hi Hun

so sorry to read your situation sweet. I was in LWH on tuesday afternoon at the Hewitt Centre. I dont know alot about egg donation,I apparently have good egg reserves but have poor ovulation and OH has dodgy sperm.....I did offer my eggs for other women after my treatment is done but they refused them...due to genetic issues.....gutted as I would love to help other women

Anyway keep us updated

And good luck

Hugs
Nat x

Hi Nat.
Firstly, i am so very sorry for your losses.
I can not comment on the women's much, but i do know one of the consultants who is called mr Ellard and he is such a lovely man. The staff there are great and they have a good name. Me and dh have no children. I had a ectopic in Jan and another one 2 days ago so now i have no tubes and IVF is our only chance of becoming parents.
I am still raw but when i have healed and lost more weight, we are going to get our names on the list. How long did u have to wait? i would love to know how u get on.
I too am scared at the thought of all the meds and invasive treatment, but this is the only chance we will ever have at having our own biological child so we have to try.
We are hoping to try a cycle next spring/summer as i have been through so much the past 6mths, i need to get myself together again and accept what has happened to me.
You are not alone. I am not on the boards much as im too depressed at the moment but PM me anytime and i wish u the best of luck xxx

My consultant is Mr Ellard lol, loverly guy he is.
Im not at the womens as im at Arrowe park on the wirral but just wanted to wish u all the best of luck xxxx

Thanks Serendippy :)

We have our initial appt at Arrowe park aswell, an then will be referred to the LWH for IVF next year. Are u still undergoing tests or are you going to be starting IVF? Yes Mr Ellard is a really nice guy. Puts u at ease :) Just noticed u had a hsg done in june? i had one of those a few yrs back and omg how painful is it?! i couldnt believe it. xxx

i seen that the thread was called liverpool womens.... and ive red wat you ladies have written and u no what, u all r truely inspirational really u r!!!! i have the most respect 4 u girls, what you hav to go thru but ur still ther 4 every1 else!!i am so sorry u have to go thru this and so sorry 4 ur losses!!! i hope the ladies on the lists arent waiting too long and the the girls who r having treatment as we speak and when the others get thers i hope to god you get your sticky bean!!!i really doo wish all of u the stickiest luck in the world!!xxxxxxxx :hugs:

Thanks Natp18, I think she had dark hair but she was just so rude and what should have been an amazing moment felt slightly strained but who cares coz i got my POSITIVE result yesterday Yay !!!! I'm trying not to get to excited at the moment coz I've been bleeding since Monday not heavy but enough to be shitting myself !!! The womens won't do bloods so the 2 week wait now turns into a 3 week wait till the 11th August for my scan.

Anyways as for the acupuncture I go and see a woman called Jackie Fairweather in West Kirkby, I started having one session every 2 weeks about 4 months before starting treatment (this is my 1st cycle) and I then went once a week during treatment. I don't know if the acupuncture itself makes a difference but I do feel very relaxed and i've actually never felt healthier. Jackie concentrates on the other area's of your life emotional and physical so it does feel like an hour long counselling session, Jackie has been amazing throughout my treatment if I have any questions she's always on hand to answer then and is an incredible support so if you can find a good therapist (you can google Jackie) I would say go for it nothing ventured nothing gained and all that.

One other bit of advice I would advise anyone to wait until the proper test date before POAS because I tested 2 days early and then because I was bleeding spent the next 2 days so confused and convincing myself it was a chemical pregnancy and it was 2 days of drama I just did not need to put myself through !!!!

Bugs, HUGE congrats!! omg u must be over the moon. I hope the bleeding stops and u get some peace of mind at your scan. I will keep everything crossed for you xxx

Thanks Serendippy :)

We have our initial appt at Arrowe park aswell, an then will be referred to the LWH for IVF next year. Are u still undergoing tests or are you going to be starting IVF? Yes Mr Ellard is a really nice guy. Puts u at ease :) Just noticed u had a hsg done in june? i had one of those a few yrs back and omg how painful is it?! i couldnt believe it. xxx

Hiya hun

Yeh my HSG was rather painful lol, she cudnt find me tubes at first on the screen..i was being pumped with loads of dye. The more she was wriggling the scope around inside the worse it got lol. It took twice as long as it normally does but at least i was all clear.
Ive had my tests and just waiting on results of my OH's SA. Then itll be back to see Mr Ellard to see what to do next.
We are not elidgible for IVF on the NHS cos im too old, so we will prob have to pay for a cycle. Im a bit scared about that cos its such a lot of money on summit that might not even work. Its summit to discuss with the FS really.

Good luck with urs hun xxxxx

i seen that the thread was called liverpool womens.... and ive red wat you ladies have written and u no what, u all r truely inspirational really u r!!!! i have the most respect 4 u girls, what you hav to go thru but ur still ther 4 every1 else!!i am so sorry u have to go thru this and so sorry 4 ur losses!!! i hope the ladies on the lists arent waiting too long and the the girls who r having treatment as we speak and when the others get thers i hope to god you get your sticky bean!!!i really doo wish all of u the stickiest luck in the world!!xxxxxxxx :hugs:

Aww thats so sweet, thank u and congrats on ur pregnancy xxxxxxx

Hi Serendippy.
That is a shame u are not entitled for ivf on the nhs :-(
You should look into having IVM as it costs around £1800 per cycle so almost half the price of ivf. Depends on a few factors if u would be eligible or not tho. Not sure what the criteria but deffo worth looking into, and u never know, u might get caught naturally. My mum an dad ttc for 10yrs before having me and my mum was told she could not have kids so they were wrong there! as long as there are clear tubes, all it takes is one decent egg and 1 sperm an ur there ;-)

xxx

Thanks ladies, Well the bleeding has finally stopped and from the other forums I think bleeding is quite common especially after IVF probably coz of all the pessaries. But at least now I can enjoy my :bfp:.

Good Luck with your treatments ladies as I said in my last post the nurses are great at the women's I just don't think they provide enough information and what to expect. I think thats why a lot of people use forums because it's good to speak to people who've actually experienced it 1st hand. So i'd be glad to share my experiences if anyone's got any questions :dust:

hello ladies

hope your well.
i tested last week and got a bfn but as im now 8 days late thought i better test again and got my :bfp: really cant believe it. im still shaking. im thinking maybe late implantation. ive got a few symptoms that started 3 days ago i have sore (.)(.)s and been having a little bit of sickness but nothing bad but OMG i really cant believe it :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: got a scan booked for 10th august but its early days

pic not great as its on my mobile phone
https://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac359/wrighty-02/Bfp1-1.jpg

wishing you all the best of luck xxxxxx

Omg Wrighty a HUGE congrats!! and im so glad the bleeding has stopped Bugs!! woop woop, 2 bfps off this thread already! soooo promising!! Wishing u both a ton of luck and im actually starting to feel a lil excited about trying IVF next year now :) xxx

hello ladies

hope your well.
i tested last week and got a bfn but as im now 8 days late thought i better test again and got my :bfp: really cant believe it. im still shaking. im thinking maybe late implantation. ive got a few symptoms that started 3 days ago i have sore (.)(.)s and been having a little bit of sickness but nothing bad but OMG i really cant believe it :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: got a scan booked for 10th august but its early days

pic not great as its on my mobile phone
https://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac359/wrighty-02/Bfp1-1.jpg

wishing you all the best of luck xxxxxx

Awww now thats put a big smile on my face today when i read that.
Huge congrats to u xxxxx

Hello

This is my first post, me and my hubby got told at our local hospital last week we have a very low chance of conceiving naturally due to his low sperm count. We have now been referred to liverpool. We were told we would need to pay for any treatments we need as my hubby has 2 teenage kids from a previous relationship - i just wondered if anyone knew how long it usually takes from being referred to getting treatments started and do you have to pay all the costs up front?

We've previously been TTC for 2.5 years. I feel really stupid that i assumed everything would be ok as my hubby had kids and now wish i'd started to put some cash aside in case this happened. I'm really worried about trying to get the money together and i've read up on the ivf procedure (as our local doctor thiks this could be the best option for us) and now i'm completely freaked out about that as well.

I'd appreciate any information you can give me please? :)

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->