IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Discussion in 'Assisted Conception' started by natp18, Jul 14, 2010.

1. JaneyM

JaneyM Well-Known Member

Good girl.... Nearly there! One more sleep and you'll be able to find out. Got my fingers well & truly crossed for you ❤️

2. ES89

ES89 Well-Known Member

I started spotting yesterday n had AF cramps so i pretty much convinced myself AF was coming. My parents came because I was in bits. Anyway figured since they were here this morning I'd test n I can't believe it I just got my first ever BFP!!! Only used a cheap 1 so gonna retest tomorrow with my clear blue digi! I'm so shocked I'm shaking x

3. ES89

ES89 Well-Known Member

4. JaneyM

JaneyM Well-Known Member

OMG, congratulations ES, that is absolutely amazing news. I did have a really fab feeling for you. I bet your elated... I remember that feeling so well. Enjoy every second. I'm so so happy for you and OH, after everything you've been through you deserve it.... A H&H 9 months xxxx ❤️ Got a bit tears for you, so pleased xxx

5. ES89

ES89 Well-Known Member

Thanks Janey! Can't believe it! I cried when it was positive, had to ask oh to double check it incase I was seeing things! It will be you again soon I'm sure, can't wait for you to start your cycle. Any news your way? Xx

6. JaneyM

JaneyM Well-Known Member

Oh ES, it's an amazing feeling isn't it??! Enjoy! Try not to worry, easier said than done. Has the spotting stopped? I'd mentioned it at the call to the hospital today xxx

I've had my blood test on Monday to see if I ovulated. Calling on Monday to get results. In mean time waiting for AF to arrive... Currently CD 37 & 14dpo, last month was CD 39 & 17dpo so waiting to see if she arrives so I can get ready for transfer hopefully around 20th August.

Thanks ES, who knows what will happen, I'm delighted with the hand I've been dealt and if this is it then I'm very lucky but fingers crossed we have a chance to have another. I have hope which I feel so fortunate to have as although I've got 2 in the freezer, there is a chance naturally now too.

Sending lots of love & I really am so happy for you xxx

7. tinadecember

tinadecember Mummy to Evie and TTC

Ellie congratulations!!!! So happy to see another BFP on this thread. Hope the spotting has subsided, it's always worrying to see bleeding but sometimes it can be normal.

Sending you all the luck in the world!

Janey, sending you positive vibes for your ovulation results. I'm a bit all over the place with mine at the minute. Think that the supplements have sent my cycles up the wall and shortened my leutal phase but I am going to stick with it for a few more cycles and hopefully it will be making a difference to the eggies.

xx

8. JaneyM

JaneyM Well-Known Member

Don't the supplements take a few months to work Tina... Keep going. I'm sure it will happen for you xxx

Thanks lovely, Hewitt have just called me to say my results are in & that they need to consult the Dr with the numbers & they'll call me later. It's made me feel nervous, couldn't make out if it was good news or bad! X

9. ES89

ES89 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] yer gonna mention the spotting to the clinic. It's light brown n literally odd spots the last 2 days. Lady in another thread said same thing happened to her n they upped her progesterone. Every clinic is different though isn't it.
    Good luck with your results Janey, keep us posted!
    Thank you Tina! I'm pretty sure supplements will take time to get into your system. I would keep at them definitely xx

10. rachel543_uk

rachel543_uk Well-Known Member

Congratulations that's fantastic news it's so amazing when people get bfp's after waiting so long. Sorry I've been missing in action. After both my mum n dad died we decided to buy my sister out of their house and are having building work done and it's kind of taken over. It's a good thing though as not letting me sit in my own thoughts which is a bonus. Hope everyone is doing ok xxx

11. AngelaALA

AngelaALA Well-Known Member

Hi everyone I don't know whether anyone is still active on here but I'm after a bit of advice, I've been following this thread for just over a month but not posted as I'm not at the IVF stage yet.

Me and DH have been given the diagnosis of unexplained infertility all test came back clear we are LTTTC since Nov 2013 I'm a long term contraceptive pill user came of it in Nov 2013, had one chemical pregnancy in Aug 2015 but that's it and was put on Clomid 50mg for six months I'm just about to start my final month of clomid which isn't working then they are transferring us to the Women's hospital for IVF.

WE are doing this through NHS as neither of us have children I was wondering if you could tell me what the waiting list is like how long it is, how many goes do we get on NHS before we will have to pay and also what process I will have to go through before we can begin xx

12. ES89

ES89 Well-Known Member

Hi Angela, I was only waiting a few months to start an Ivf cycle n how many goes on the nhs you get depends on where you are living. Im in Wales and I got 2 attempts. There's an info night and quite a bit of paper work to go through before actually starting but it's all worth it x
    Omg Rachel, hope your ok lovely xx

13. AngelaALA

Thanks for the info I'm in Warrington will be sent to Liverpool's women's I've been told by one doctor last year that I would get 1 try due to not living in Liverpool but my new fertility Dr told me I would get three goes so I don't know

Was it successful for you if you don't mind me asking xx

14. bugs

bugs Well-Known Member

It was one go but it was changed by Warrington PCT last year to 3. I would suggest you check the criteria, I think weight and smoking are considered but I can't remember what else. It just means if you meet the criteria it will happen a lot quicker for you xxx

15. AngelaALA

Thank you for the advice I don't smoke but I am slightly over weight not much though I'm a size 14 my bmi is around 34 but I've signed up to lean in 15 so that extra weight will be gone how long is the waiting list xx

16. ES89

ES89 Well-Known Member

Warrington is 3 attempts, there's another lady on here from there and I remember her saying it was 3 :)