IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi Sazzle80, We had to pay because of the same thing my partner has kids already, We are very lucky that my parents have paid for our treatment and are about to pay for the 2nd go. From when we were referred it took a couple of months to get appointment but as soon as we knew it was going to be self funded IVF everything moved fairly quickly but you have to pay for each appointment before you have it for the meds before you pick them up and for the cycle before you start the meds so they want the money up front. The price list is on the womens website so you can download it, Ours totalled about £4500 but won't be as much for round 2 coz we won't have to pay for the pre treatment tests it's expensive but I try to think of it as a small price to pay xxxx

Hi anyone looking for private treatment should try MFS manchester fertility services where i went. It is actually a private clinic so you WILL be treated like a private patient no nhs. Consultation was £165, ivf £2850 and drugs £800 bearing in mind i was given the highest dose so in total we paid less than 4k and i would highly recommend them. Also they accepted all the blood tests and investigations we had done on the NHS. Good Luck guys x

Just wanted to update..i got a BFP this morning on a super drug at 11DPO. Its very faint and had to take test apart to get a better look lol, but its there. Will confrm with a digi over weekend. In a state of shock at the mo but very estatic lol.

Good luck girls xxxxx

Just wanted to update..i got a BFP this morning on a super drug at 11DPO. Its very faint and had to take test apart to get a better look lol, but its there. Will confrm with a digi over weekend. In a state of shock at the mo but very estatic lol.

Good luck girls xxxxx

Wow that's fantastic congratulations x

Good luck girls xxxxx

Congratulations hun!!! :dance:

x x x x x

Omg Serendippy! what did i tell u?! I am sooo happy for u hun!
Please keep us updated and im sending u a ton of sticky vibes xxx

Good luck girls xxxxx

congrats :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: xx

hi ladies

i thought i had posted on here but obviously not. i started bleeding the monday after my bfp and lost my little bean :cry: i am feeling a little more positive now. phoned liverpool up and i have to phone up on the first day of my next cycle to make arrangements for my last icsi cycle hope i dont have to wait to long but am looking forward to getting started

good luck all :dust: xxxx

hi ladies

i thought i had posted on here but obviously not. i started bleeding the monday after my bfp and lost my little bean :cry: i am feeling a little more positive now. phoned liverpool up and i have to phone up on the first day of my next cycle to make arrangements for my last icsi cycle hope i dont have to wait to long but am looking forward to getting started

good luck all :dust: xxxx

So sorry to read that...i really hope this next one will be the one for u. Good luck hunny xxxxxxx

congratulations serendippy thats really fab news xxxx
Wrightywales at least you know that it can work you just need a proper sticky one lot's of luck for next time xxxx

well i've ended up back in hospital with a water infection, i really was in agony yesterday but feel better today although i desperatly need to have a no 2 sorry tmi, they think my bowel is putting pressure on my bladder. i think this pregnancy lark will be easy compared to all this lol xxxx

Wrighty- I am so sorry for your loss. Sending u a ton of sticky vibes for your next ICSI x

Bugs- sorry to hear u have been ill. Hope u start recovering soon x

Serendippy- How r u feeling? hope all is well x

I am fine, just need to get my BMI down below 30(its 34.9 now) and then we can get on the IVF waiting list. Nurse said it only takes around 4mths so hopefully we can start in the spring next year after our holiday :)

xxx

Hi Bugs,

Thanks for the information i'm really gratful to have an idea of whats coming up, the doctor had said it would be aroung £4k - i guess we best tighten our belts even more if it a tad more. How did you cope with the procedures?

i saw an advert on the net advertising free ivf in london if you donate eggs - has anyone ever tried this sort of thing?

Thanks

i was thinking thats sazz because if my fs wants me have ivf next i was thinking off doing that xxx

Personally i could never donate my eggs, as i couldnt cope with the thought that there was a biological child of mine out there that i would never see or have any part in his/her's life... I think the women who do donate are amazing to give that gift to someone xxx

i was thinking the same really but if it helps me and someone else who wants a baby and helps the cost of ivf xxxx

i was originally going to go down the donating route for money reasons but my gp advised if you can afford it without first it's probably best and i'm so gad we did. my meds were perfect the scans showed my folicles were cooking nicely and they removed 17 folicles so we were delighted i then got the dreaded phonecall 9 were too immature and only 5 had divided on transfer day we got 2 really good 8 cells which were put back and the other 3 did not make it to blasto stage so no frosties. so not to scare or put anyone off coz i'm not sure out of them 5 how many i would have had to donate but it's extra pressure that you really don't need. i am going to donate eggs when i've had a baby but not before. you only have a limited amount and i'm using all of mine on me. sorry if thats going on but i'm on a hospital ward on my own and i think it's really important to hear other experiences xxxxx

forgot to say it's not just london i think most private clinics offer the same service xx

I guess i hadn't really thought it through properly, i just felt i had to do something when we found out it was going to happen naturally so i spent hours on the net reading up on things. i think i'll wait until my consultation and decide where to go from there. I'm just so glad i've found this site though, i felt completely alone and out of my depth last week and the stuff i was reading all seemed a bit negative, plus my hubby bottles things up and i'm the opposite - i want to talk about everything and find out as much as i can you lot are going to be sick of me he he x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->