IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Mrse☀- good luck with it all. Where are you having it done.

AQ- I Cut down on my drinking last Christmas- but did have a few new years eve!! You have the best motivation in the world up get yourself in shape but I know how hard it is. Try relaxation / meditation if you can because I think getting your head in the right place is as important as the physical stuff and you have been through so much. Xx

AQ - I'm having it done privately my new consultant is in Cheshire and he's the one that got all the PCT to do AMH test as standard now plus he is the DHEA man done loads of research papers so he's doing it for me. Nope won't be going to women's for any part o my treatment.

I will let you know I am getting knocked out even though its keyhole surgery so that we can get on with a cycle end dec/early jan. putting me on priming cycle assuming all my bloods come back ok.

Keep you posted x

MrsE and AQ - Just to let you know i had a hysterescopy a few months ago and it was fine. It was at the womens and they gave me a general anesthetic. When i cam round i had some strongish cramps which passed after an hour or so. a bled for a bit after but that was it really. Nothing to worry about. Hope it goes ok for you MrsE.

AQ if you don't mind me asking why are you have a hysteroscopy do you have same bicornia problem as me?

What is hysterscopy and why is it done?

Dr wants to put me on antibiotics because just cannot shake off the lingering cough I have but don't want to take anything. He looked at me like I was mad.

Hello everyone.... How you all doing???
I had a hysteroscopy just to have a look round, I have very long irregular AFs!! They took some biopsies too. Didn't feel anything from the hysteroscopy but I had a laparoscopy at the same time .... with stitches and that took about a week to feel back to normal.
Sounds like everyone is going through it at the moment : ( thinking of you all.
It was 12 months ago since my dad passed away last week.... So been feeling it too, definately puts day to day hassles into perspective!
Anyone heard from jules lately ...don't think she has been on for a while?
Love x x

Hi everyone.
I have just had a letter from the Women's telling me I have to go back to redo my prolactin test and now I'm really worried! Read up on it slightly but still don't understand how it effects fertility. I have regular cycles and ovulate every month. This is going to delay things further now isn't it? 😞

Hi lovetoeatcake..... I have high prolactin never caused me any problems...they will put you on medication which brings it down really quick. Nothing to worry about x

Hi girls :flower:

AQ hope you are managing to relax after your tough week. Funerals are so hard, I found that each one I went to after my mum died just brought it all back :hugs: Your pre cycle plan sounds very much like mine was, healthy eating, with some treats thrown in, bit of exercise and some pma! Really hoping that this time next year we are all stalking your pregnancy journal!! Xx

MrsE sounds like you have a good doctor there, he's hoping for a positive start to 2013 for you x

Jo I was also thinking about Jules, hope everything is ok x

Lindy hope you feel better soon, the doc wouldn't prescribe anything harmful to baby and you need to look after yourself xx

Hi to everyone else xx

Hi lovetoeatcake..... I have high prolactin never caused me any problems...they will put you on medication which brings it down really quick. Nothing to worry about x

Thanks for answering Joanne. Did the Hewitt Centre sort that for you? Did you have to have an MRI scan? Thanks x

Hi lovetoeatcake....I had it all done at Murrayfields which is on the wirral inc the MRI. I found out I had it before I got referred to the womens. X

Hey all

Just. Quick message from me before I get dragged out to the shops!

Mrse hope your op is a success!! Where will you be doing your ivf afterwards?

Hi jo, I know what you mean about thinking of the past. When we want thru our first round of ivf, couldn't believe we got a bfn he same day as we miscarried the year before

Haven't heard from Jules neither - hope she's ok

Afm waiting on fu still - not long to go 18 th December and then well be considering moving clinics. All my medical notes came this week - massive shock what was in there - stuff they didn't even tell me! My trust is now definitely broken, don't know how I could trust them after this

Xx x

Hi everyone - havent posted for a while

Mrs E good luck with all your tests

Sorry to see some of you have not been having a good time recently - roll on 2013 this year has been awful! Lots of us cycling in the New Year so FX for a flurry of BFP!

Gems: Did you have to pay for a copy of your notes? where will you think about moving to?

Likkle- they are not meant to keep anything from you Definitaley something you need to discuss when you get there. X

Hi guys

Yeah I know. Been snapping at hubby a lot the weekend as I've been so upset! Part of me wants to cancel our follow up appointment as what's the point??? Judging what everyone has said here its anticlimax and doesn't answer the questions you want! I just want to get my frosties out of there and run! I know it's had some successes - there's lots of people on here who have had their miracle baby, I just don't see that happening to me now if I stay!

The only problem thou, as manchester is our nearest other clinic, it's difficult to get to for me (as I haven't got a car) and hubby works away in the week, add in work and time off etc. it'll be a stuggle. Feels like I'm falling apart and that ill have to stay there if I want our family

It didn't cost me for one set of notes as it was part of an official complaint, but I'd request the other set and its cost me 26 quid. Te most they can charge is 40 for all your records for photocopying etc. but not a penny more

All you need to do is contact the health records department and they'll arrange the forms and stuff to release it

Lindy- Yes i am going to look into meditation as well as getting physically fit as i am a strong believer of strong mind equals strong body. Hope you feel better soon. I wouldnt worry too much about antibiotics as many are safe for pregnancy and im sure they would not prescribe anything that would put you at risk x

Lovetoeatcake- Glad the hysterscopy is nothing to worry about. Hope your doing ok x

MrsE- Mr Kingsland wants me to have a hysterscopy seeing as i have had 2 failed implantations and also as i have been bleeding on and off lately and in a lot of pain in that region so wants to check my womb is ok and he is also going to perform a uterine scratch whilst im under as it can help aid implantation. Anything is worth a try now x

Joanne- Thinking of you and know how hard 1st anniversaries are. It was a year since my mum died on 8th of August and a very sad time to reflect on x

Susie- Yes as well as Jane's funeral being so sad as i was there to say goodbye to my best friend it also brought back my own mum's funeral and made it even more heartbreaking. I pray you are stalking my pregnancy journal next year too. I really need our child all the more since losing my mum. I need my own family to focus on the future x

Hi to everyone else x

Nothing to report here. my shingles are going nicely with the strong antibiotics iv been on. Had a chilled wkend and back to work tomorrow on a new campaign again. xxx

Hi everyone

Its busy on here at the moment.

Gemz- sorry that you feel you can't trust them anymore. as you have said though lots of people have had their miracle babies there.

Africa- so sorry about your friend. sending hugs.

Mrse-Which clinic is you expert at? has he said anymore about natural ivf?

Hi to everyone else x x

afm - tests in Belgium
came back clear for husbands sperm so looks like its all my fault and my poor quality eggs. They feel that the assisted activation could still help us but we have decided to go with the estrogen primming cycle first and if needed go over to Belgium in the summer holidays. i start my estrogen at the beginning of December as long as it won't end up clashing with Christmas. i am so scared but i have to try everything for my baby.

Hi all hope everyone is well, just thought I'd pop in and say Hi.

Well I've just had my protocol and prescription through and it's come out at a whopping £1600 just for meds and that doesn't include the intralipid infusion for £300. They've put me on 6 amps per day of Menopur so that is the bulk of the cost at around £1200. He's also prescribed 3 other tablets to take during and HRT before god knows what it's all for.

Really we didn't stand a chance getting preggers naturally even if I did have tubes so luckily we have all these wonderful drugs to help us. Cevaeh looks like we'll be cycling around the same time xxx

Hope everyone else is battling on #6 here I come xxxx

Glad you getting better AQ. Keep that PMA xxxx

Likkle- how does it work getting your frosties? I found my fu helpful in the sense they told me the positive things they had found doing the treatment. Go armed with questions!

Hi bugs

Yes it does. your drugs bill sounds similar to mine. They have put me on six amps as well. i have only ever done three so was surprised by the sudden jump. I have to take cyclo proventro or something like that for twenty one days, wait for four to seven days for a bleed and then start with the menopur. i start with another estrogen and steroids when i stim. i am just worried my day one will be over the Christmas break. i have worked it out and my first scan should be about the 7th Jan but worried there will be no one there over Christmas if i have problems. do you know how long they shut for over Christmas?
Number five for me so just behind you x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->