IVF in March/April-1st Round! Any 1st time buddies here..?!

thanks aidenmommy

the night was worse, i am into home remedies but no use till yet
now i'll arrange prunes or prunes juice, i hope it will relief me

i'll discuss with my Dr on embryo transfer time, so if any precautions he must let me know before

Just got the results of my blood test back. Beta HCG is 423 and progesterone is 158 so fingers' crossed all looks good so far. I'll have a repeat test in 48 hours to check my HCG is doubling 😊.

Just got the results of my blood test back. Beta HCG is 423 and progesterone is 158 so fingers' crossed all looks good so far. I'll have a repeat test in 48 hours to check my HCG is doubling 😊.

Yah... sounds promising. Just had my blood work done. So I will know in a few hours what my levels are.

Just got my results back.Beta HCG is 547. YAH :happydance: Go back on Thursday to see if the number doubles.

Hoping for a sticky bean!!!! :dust:

Fab news! Does your clinic scan at 6 weeks? I'm trying not to let myself get too excited until we get to that point ☺️

Fab news! Does your clinic scan at 6 weeks? I'm trying not to let myself get too excited until we get to that point ☺️

Yup, they do scans at 6 weeks. So the first scan will probably be right before i go on vacation. I'm trying not to get too excited either, but this is the first time my HCG level was this high on the first test.

The six week mark will be here in no time and I think a good HCG level is a good sign that it is in utero. Have you had any symptoms at all? I was really lucky and completely escaped all morning sickness last time. Am hoping it will be the same again this time round. I've just had the cramping and dizziness that I had last time. I can't tell if I feel more tired than usual or not as I've been permanently tired since last July!

The six week mark will be here in no time and I think a good HCG level is a good sign that it is in utero. Have you had any symptoms at all? I was really lucky and completely escaped all morning sickness last time. Am hoping it will be the same again this time round. I've just had the cramping and dizziness that I had last time. I can't tell if I feel more tired than usual or not as I've been permanently tired since last July!

The last few days i have been getting nauseated, my boobs hurt a little bit and my stomach has been a little itchy. Oh yeah having to go to the bathroom more. LOL

Congrats to you ladies! This is so wonderful to see some BFP's....fxed that everything doubles in the next couple of days.

frustrated1 and dbluett - That's exciting!

dbluett....I'm on the same schedule as you. They took my blood this morning, and said they will call between 2-5pm w/ results (Thurs I also have to go back in).

Right now it's only 3:30 here, and I've got the phone glued to me so that I don't miss the call. Since this is my first ever cycle, I was kind of expecting the call to simply tell me if 'yes' I'm preggers, or 'no' I'm not...but after reading this thread, it sounds like the information is a bit more than that... I take it the higher the number of HCG, the better? And is it same for the progesterone levels too?

I really have a good feeling about getting some positive results...I've been feeling cramps here and there, and feeling bloated a lot. Fxed!!!

BTW, does beta stand for anything? I've gathered that it's a type of pregnancy test?...

Out of curiosity, would y'all share how often your appointments were during IVF?

I am still in the TWW for my third IUI....scheduled for IVF next cycle if this is a no go.
My clinic does cycle IVF so they estimated starting the medicines around May 29, and egg retrieval is around June 8. (I am guessing I am on birth control until the 29th? I will meet with the nurse once we know about this IUI cycle)

I work a rather time consuming job (with some nights and some weekends).....so I am trying to figure out how I can load my June schedule.

Once you start the medicine, when do they do the first ultrasound? And as you go through the cycle, they do daily ultrasounds? I know it depends on how you stim but just curious if anyones clinic does group/cycle IVFs like mine....and maybe gave them some more insight. Or maybe personal experience!

It seems like once the egg retrieval is done, there isn't much (maybe labs) until egg transfer, either 3 or 5 depending.

My test came out negative. :cry:

I was sooo sure that something was implanting... I transferred 2 embryos on day 3, and was sooo hopeful that at least one of them would stick.

We froze my 3rd embryo (that's all my first cycle came up with) and I'm thinking I might just schedule a Frozen transfer as my next attempt. And then if that doesn't work out, then move onto a full cycle # 2.

....so disheartening! =(

Out of curiosity, would y'all share how often your appointments were during IVF?

Once you start the medicine, when do they do the first ultrasound? And as you go through the cycle, they do daily ultrasounds? I know it depends on how you stim but just curious if anyones clinic does group/cycle IVFs like mine....and maybe gave them some more insight. Or maybe personal experience!

It seems like once the egg retrieval is done, there isn't much (maybe labs) until egg transfer, either 3 or 5 depending.

MrsL4 - this is how my schedule worked out:

The ultrasounds started before I started on meds. I think there was 2 visits with my fertility facility before I started on the meds. That's not including the HSG test (to see if there's any blockages in your fallopian tubes).

Week 1: 3 days into taking my meds, I went in for ultrasound check-in, and 2 days later, another ultrasound. 2 visits.

Week 2: 1 visits for ultrasound. Was supposed to be 2 visits, but a couple of my egg follicles were getting quite big, and the doctor didn't want to wait any longer, so she pushed up the retrieval a couple of days earlier. 2nd visit was the retrieval. I took that day off.

Week 3: Only visit was the Embryo transfer. No visits necessary between retrieval and transfer. And then my doctor advised I take a total of 3 days bed rest. Thankfully my transfer was on a Saturday, that way I only had to take 1 day off work.

Week 4: no appointments, hopefully something is busy implanting.
Week 5: 1 or 2 visits for them to take your blood to see if your pregnant.

My test came out negative. :cry:

I was sooo sure that something was implanting... I transferred 2 embryos on day 3, and was sooo hopeful that at least one of them would stick.

We froze my 3rd embryo (that's all my first cycle came up with) and I'm thinking I might just schedule a Frozen transfer as my next attempt. And then if that doesn't work out, then move onto a full cycle # 2.

....so disheartening! =(

So sorry to hear! :hugs:

sorry to hear your test was negative socal
that is hard to hear but i am happy that you have a frostie waiting

thanks for sharing your timeline with me, it really helps

SoCal so sorry to hear that your test was negative. I hope you are able to proceed with your FET soon :hugs:

Frustrated1, when do you go for your second BETA?

SoCal sorry hun.....It is a tough decision with one frostie. I was in the same boat. I have one frostie from my first IVF but my Dr told me maybe I should just do another fresh just in case for some reason it doesn't survive the frost. Speak to your dr and see what your options are. Maybe there is something they can do differently in the next fresh cycle etc. Again, huge hugs.....it is such a disappointment.

good news Frust & dbluett .. happy happy for you

SoCial girl... a big hug for you, dont be sad or disappointed dear, God has really written really sumthing good for u in near future <3

Afm, tomorrow 9am here we will be in clinic for ET, let see how it goes
any precautions girls? any advice :)

need ur prayers always :)

Aein - Good luck with your transfer! Do you have to go in with a full bladder? If so, good luck with that too. I had a really tough time with the transfer, because not only is it uncomfortable with the pressure of my full bladder, but then they had to put pressure on my stomach with the ultrasound device, and that was soooo uncomfortable.

While I was waiting in the lobby and just before the procedure, I wish I spent some quality time for some deep breathing and to get in a calm head-space. Maybe it would have helped me to relax more. So, that's my advice to you...get your head and body in the most relaxed state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->