IVF in March/April-1st Round! Any 1st time buddies here..?!

I am now 7dpt. Had some spotting yesterday and today. This TWW is horrible. I am thinking about testing on Friday.

How is everybody else doing?

lets hope that is some implantation spotting.....I think the 2ww is one of the hardest parts of this. You are almost there.....xxx

Spotting is a good sign! I'm excited for you! I haven't seen any spotting (yet), but I've been getting some cramps and bloating. Today, some of the cramps have been quite strong. I'm 4dpt, and the way I'm feeling, I feel sure that something good is happening.

And I'm so bloated that I'm already having to wear my pants completely unbuttoned and unzipped. I have a desk job, so I'm sitting all day. I need to buy some more stretchy clothes!

Yes, I agree - the 2ww can seem like eternity. Hang in there!

I'm 5dp5dt. Will probably test when I get to 8dp5dt, which will be Saturday for me. Not feeling overly optimistic this time round.

Hi ladies, just found your thread. Just had my egg collection this morning so as you do start googling everything, lol.
This is my 4th attempt at ICSI, did the short protocol this time and to be honest I feel a lot better this time round.
Got 11 eggs this morning, fingers crossed they are doing well in the lab. Been in bed all day and DH is really looking after me.
Most of you have started your 2 WW so baby dust to all, frustrated1 try to stay positive xxxx��������

Ladies,
I just bought a cheap Walmart test and got a faint, but noticeable line. :thumbup::happydance:[-o<

Scarlet - welcome!!!! Why did they change your protocol? Do you think you responded better? I am doing the short protocol to without suppression. Last time they suppressed me and I only made 8 eggs. She wanted more. Fxed that you have a ton of quality embies in the next few days.

dblue - WHOOP WHOOP! That is awesome.....anything there is a great sign!

Frustrated - fxed for you!

AFM - not much going on....wishing the time away to start my cycle in July.

dblue congrats xxxx

Thanks ttcbaby117,

each time I have a cycle they change something as the others have not worked before, so they changed drugs first couple of tries now they didn't down reg me. I do feel better this time, it's been the easiest cycle.
This time they also put the time lapse primo vision on the eggs too, cost £800 extra but I can now see if the quality of the eggs are good and they don't have to disturb the eggs each day to look at them as the camera is on them. Cool thing too is I get the images on a memory stick when they finish. Imagine showing the kids when they are older the egg and the sperm that made them, I find it fascinating, however DH thinks I'm nuts lol.

They rang this morning and I was told out of the eleven,
1 egg didn't fertilise
2 didn't take the ISCI
So that left 8, on using the primo vision they found 4 eggs did not have the right number of chromosomes and would die over the next couple of days so discarded them, I now have 4 good eggs with the right chromosomes, the spindle of the egg in the right place and no deformities, embrogiest sees no reason why these 4 should not grow properly but not everything always goes to plan.
I'm still quite sore and bloated but trying to stay positive I only need one to make my little bundle of joy, so have to wait till morning now for an update.
Xxxxxx

dbluett - YAY!!!!

...question for your girls: how many of you are on progesterone meds right now? How's that going for you?

I have to give myself an intramuscular shot (well, my husband does it for me) of Progesterone oil each night along with a suppository. Anyone else having to do the same thing?

I heard that if we get a BFP, then we have to keep giving ourselves the progesterone for the whole 1st trimester. Is that true?

Hi soCal girl,

I'm on suppositories only, I have to put one in every 12 hours. I was also told if I get a BFP I also will have to do it first trimester.

SoCal, I was suppose to do suppositories. But dr decided the day of the retrival that the shot would be better. So hubby gives me a progesterone shot every night (in the butt). I was told that once i get a BFP, they will probably switch me to suppositories 3 times a day. I was told that i would remain on the suppositories for the 1st trimester.

Scarlet - that's a wonderful report. I haven't ever heard of that camera. That's pretty cool and worth the money to have pics of them. I'm glad to hear you felt better on this protocol, I was worried about the not suppressing me and then all of my follies growing to different sizes.

Socal- I think you will have to do it through the first trip which is when the placenta takes over and starts producing progesterone for you.

hey Girls... yuhoo m after 2 days break and so much news around

dbluett, very very happy for you... i am sure its your month... lots of prayers for you and everyone with us in waiting <3

AFM... yesterday my scan went good but literally i was IN pain during vaginal US :/
Alhamdulillah 8 mature follies at RT O and 10 matures at LT O ...so finally moving with egg collection tomorrow morning , need prayers dearies

Dr said my ovaries are clear now but side effect of oavries hyper stimulation can occur and if we found fluid on Saturday inside ovaries, so we will freeze the eggs and will transfer embryo after 1 or 2 months :S .. wt u girls suggest is this normal, do i need to worry?

got my trigger shoot last night 10pm... tomorrow morning 8am, we will be in clinic

i think they want to give some rest to my ovaries den and it will be good step for future hope so :)

i dont want to think about tomorrow but my mind stuck and i got sore throat, flu n little fever too :( we are alone here me n my DH families are in our home country.. feeling alone suffer you alot i know :(

Dbluett a massive congratulations. You must be absolutely thrilled!

Scarlet rose well done with your four perfect embryos :happy dance:. At least you know they have a good chance of developing well given they look structurally sound. Are you aiming to push for blastocysts? I hope the soreness and bloating alleviates soon.

Socal girl I continued all of my luteal support for the first three months of pregnancy with my son. Little did I know that I would have to have injections for so long! I took cyclogest (progesterone suppositories), Framin (anti-coagulant the same as Clexane), aspirin and Metformin (for PCOS) for the full 12 weeks. This time round I also have Crinone a progesterone gel to use as well. They did suggest I use Lentogest, the intramuscular progesterone shots this time round, but I thought it unnecessary given (i) i didn't use it last time and (ii) knowing that I'd be on it for three months!

Aein good luck with your egg collection. If they do have to freeze then there are some positives to that as it will give your body a chance to recover and the chances of a positive outcome with a successfully defrosted blastocyst are generally higher than a fresh one as only the strongest blasts make it through freezing and defrosting. My clinic has a higher success rate with frozen cycles than it does with fresh.

I'm now 7dp5dt and due to test tomorrow morning. I have my cheapo Boots' test at the ready. Have noticed that the Crinone gel looks slightly peachy pink when it has come out of me though so that isn't a great sign. Haven't had any cramps or dizzy spells since about 3dp. Last time round they were very strong at 7dp. I know your body can react differently each time, but I have quite a strong feeling it hasn't worked this cycle. I think sometimes you just instinctively know.

Aein, good luck!

I am going to retest tomorrow using the one clear blue easy digital that i have at home. Fingers crossed. I will be 10dpt5dt.

Aein, good luck for egg collection tomorrow xx

Dbluett, Fingers crossed your faint line yesterday will be a lovely solid one (or bold writing saying PREGNANT) on digital, xxx sending positive thoughts xxx

Frustrated, same with you fingers, toes and everything crossed, praying you get your positive in morning xxxx baby dust, Irish dust flying all the way to jersey to you xxx

Our 4 eggs are still alive thank god, we have decided to put 2 back in tomorrow and see if others go to blast then freeze them, ebroyoloest says they are all good quality eggs, he spoke to DH and of course he didn't even ask what cell or grade they were, after all the goes we have had at this you would think by now he would know to ask lol. So at 1115 tomorrow I will be pregnant until proven otherwise.

Glasses up &#55356;&#57207;&#55356;&#57207;&#55356;&#57207;&#55356;&#57207; cheers to us being up the duff xxx

Good luck scarletrose76 and frustrated1. My blood test is next tuesday 4/28. I am really hoping i see the words PREGNANT tomorrow. Will let everybody know :)

Well contrary to all expectations my test was positive which gives us a due date of 4th Jan :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Yah.. congrats frustrated1. I got a :bfp: from my home test this morning. :happydance:

Wow ladies so happy for you both, congratulations xxxxxxxxxx I hope this is a lucky thread I've joined and it rubs off on me xxxx

Just had 2 x 8 cell grade 2 embies put back in, best I've ever had in all my cycles. I'm feeling really positive, official test date is May 10th.

Let the dreaded 2week wait commence when I google every symptom I have and know it don't make a blind bit of difference as everyone is different hahaha.

Again ladies I'm so happy for yous xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"