IVF/IUI March/April Baby Madness!!

Can I join? Congratulations to all of you ladies, I'm so pleased you are all on your journies!

Diagnosis: donor insemination
How long ttc: 1 month
Procedures prior to bfp cycle: none, suffer from absence of sperm
Procedure resulting in this BFP: ovulation monitoring, ICI with donor sperm
Due date: March 23, 2013

We feel so blessed that we have been able to conceive through the generosity of our donor!
It is my wife who is carrying our baby, she's doing a great job, do proud of her and so grateful every moment of what she is doing to make our family complete

Hi ladies, I'm another ivf due in march :happydance:

Diagnosis: male infertility from medication for blood disorder sperm count 1.1 mil
How long ttc: 18 months
Procedures prior to bfp cycle: 1 fresh icsi, 3 x FET
Procedure resulting in this bfp: HRT FET 1x5 day blast
Due date: 13th march until dating scan

14dp5dt beta 990
21dp5dt beta 6700

H & H 9 months to us all :flower:

Forgot to add we used assisted hatching this time.

mummypony welcome, I love that you're so proud of your wife :) Made me smile.

Baby I answered in your journal.

Sheri welcome!

Well, here are some familiar faces! Good to see you ladies here! It seems so huge compared to AC, doesn't it?

How long is everyone newly pregnant going to wait to tell people? How long did you other pregger's and Mommies wait? I assume you are tellng some people before others...I did tell my sil/bff - the one who knew what was going on, otherwise, it's just you all and me and DH so far!! Also, if you used IVF or other things - did you tell people about that too? I'm assuming people with twins may have gotten more questions ith that regard...I think tellin people is something I really find stressful and I'm not really sure why.

I'm in a slightly different boat :shipw: than most, so I imagine spilling the beans is a little easier for me. I've told pretty much everyone, starting before the first cancelled IVF cycle

It was rough telling them that I wasn't responding to the meds and had to abandon the idea of being the egg donor and the carrier. And telling them about the failed transfer wasn't easy, either. I was very matter of fact about it both times, but I felt bad bringing everyone else down with me! I've worked with a lot of these people for years, so they felt awful for me.

But sharing the good news was fun, and they're enjoying symptom spotting me. Apparently, I look 'peak-y' and my boobs are getting huge. Thanks, Scotty! It's good to know I'm not imagining that one!

I don't get to see my family too often due to work schedules here and the long drive out to Minnesota, so I didn't actually tell them about the first two tries! I hated, and still hate, the thought of worrying them. I haven't told them about that bleed I had, either. I have no plans to until I'm into the second trimester, or they'll panic.

So far, you ladies here know more about it than Dad does!

Okay, how is everyone today? Morning sickness hitting anyone? Or all we all just staring a spot two inches under our bellybuttons thinking "I can't believe there's somebody in there!"

Diagnosis: Stage III Endo / Male Factor
How long ttc: 2 1/2 years
Procedures prior to bfp cycle: 2 failed IUI's with injectable meds.
IVF Procedure resulting in this bfp: FET of day 6 embryos
Twins!
Due date: March 17, 2013

Thanks Husky for starting this thread so we don't have to read any other scary first tri threads!!

I have my next u/s on Tuesday!

Good Morning Everyone!

To add to the discussion about when to tell people .... well I told my immediate family right away as they all knew exactly what we were going through and have been a HUGE support system for me! I have also told a few coworkers as they knew what we were doing and could over hear phone conversations. DH hasn't told his family yet, he said he will surprise them in August with the news (whatever! his family his choice!!) and he is telling his best friend today. THen the rest of our friends will find out closer to 12 weeks. I am sure they all suspect it as I have seen several of them in the past 10 days and have a) ordered decaf coffee while out for brunch! and b) declined ANY sort of wine while with friends two weekends in a row!! I can only pass off the not even having one glass of wine for so long .....

I may cave and tell one of my friends sooner as I am her only bridesmaid at her wedding in October where I will be 17 weeks and clearly will not be able to wear an "off the rack" dress she might be thinking of .... it will need to be an "off the rack maternity" dress!!

I also will be telling my boss after our ultrasound on August 1 as we have this stupid team building thing at work in August where it is outside in the stinking heat painting park picnic tables and/or weeding .... NONE of which I will be participating in! This baby has taken us 3 years to conceive and a LOT of money spent! I will not be doing ANYTHING physical and in the heat to jeopardize things!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I am still feeling TOTALLY normal which at some points FREAKS me out but then I remind myself of my sister who didn't even know she was pregnant till 7 weeks and that was because of a blood test at the doctors office to figure out why she was missing periods all the time!! I have heard the m/s will come for most if it comes at all around the 6 to 8 week mark.

My ms came at 5 weeks with my first and 6 with my second, so far I don't have it but there is still lots of time, some people don't get it till 9 weeks. I wouldn't be painting in the heat either if I were you springy for those exact reasons.

Does anyone else have a pooch? I know it is just bloat but none of my shorts/pants are fitting. I'm also not in the mood to eat much. I don't know if it is just from being busy but I don't think about meals much.

My appetite is definitely strange these days. I don't want to eat a lot of things and I have eaten so much honeydew, I might turn into one. Oh, and I was begging DH to add beer to his crockpot mac and cheese to make it beer cheese, and he instead poured me a half and O'Doul's, ha!! Thought I was nuts for wanting the mac and cheese to taste like beer but it just sounds good right now.

As far as clothes, I wear so much stretch and sundresses - I honostly don't know. I feel a bit bloated, but I'm actually down a few lbs since transfer day.

Oh, and Springy BOOOOO to painting in the haet is all I have to say!

husky I have a pouch from the IVF, I think it's finally going down but I still look more pregnant then I am.

Oh this is the perfect thread!!! I go in for my second beta in the morning (nerrrvous)

Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility
How long ttc: I quit birth control in 2008, we started NTNP sometime in 2009 and started taking this stuff seriously in the beginning of 2010.
Procedures prior to bfp cycle: just the routine test HSG and several IUIs
Procedure resulting in this bfp: clomid 50mg 3-7 (4th cycle of that) and 5th IUI
Due date: the IUI was 7/7 so I think that makes me 3/30

I saw my first ever second line 10dpiui, and my beta 14dpiui was 214. I'm hoping for good news tomorrow! Fxd.

Oh this is the perfect thread!!! I go in for my second beta in the morning (nerrrvous)

Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility
How long ttc: I quit birth control in 2008, we started NTNP sometime in 2009 and started taking this stuff seriously in the beginning of 2010.
Procedures prior to bfp cycle: just the routine test HSG and several IUIs
Procedure resulting in this bfp: clomid 50mg 3-7 (4th cycle of that) and 5th IUI
Due date: the IUI was 7/7 so I think that makes me 3/30

I saw my first ever second line 10dpiui, and my beta 14dpiui was 214. I'm hoping for good news tomorrow! Fxd.

Good luck with your beta - mine too today! Anyone else waiting for betas? When is everyone's first scan??

Good luck for those with betas today!!! Exciting stuff! :)

Welcome Fischer!

As for eating I have not been feeling like eating much either. Once in awhile I feel really hungry but for the most part I have to force myself.

Have not felt much of a difference in my pants yet, but after I do eat I notice my stomach seems bigger but I think that is normal.

To touch on the subject of when to tell people - We have told our close family (parents, siblings, grandparents) I told a few friends who knew we were cycling and I told my boss since she knew about my cycle and 1 co-worker. The rest will wait until 10-12 weeks have not decided yet and not sure with twins if I will be more noticable sooner.

Has anyone had a feeling of motion sickness?

Horraaaaay! 1st beta = 214, 2nd beta = 440!!!! This is starting to look serious!

I do feel like some of my clothes are not fitting the same. Not all of them though. Mostly toward the middle and end of my day.

fisher thats a great beta!

Do any of you notice more hair falling out in the shower? I lost quite a bit in the shower this morning and I'm not liking it.

MrsC - I loose a TON of hair everyday so can't say that I am noticing a real increase in it!

I honestly am not feeling much of anything. I think I'm peeing more often but that could also be because I am drinking a lot more water because I feel like I am constantly thirsty. My boobs kill one minute then are fine the next few days ... no nausea which all of my family and IRL friends tell me wont hit till closer to the 8 to 9 week mark, if at all.

Just patiently waiting for the u/s next week ... tick tock tick tock

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->