IVF Oct/Nov/Dec BFP Announcement & 9month term thread!

I got my Angel Sounds doppler in the mail today and I just tried it out. I noticed on the back of the box it said the earliest you can use it is like 14 weeks and up, but I still tried it out anyways. I think I could hear both babies heart beats because I found one heartbeat on my far left side and one on my far right side like right above my bikini line. I thought the heart beats would sound faster, so I am wondering if I was just confused about what I was hearing and if it was actually my own heart beat. Hmmm... :shrug: When DH gets home I will have him listen too and feel my pulse to see if the heart beats sound different than my pulse, I suppose that is a good way to figure out which is which??:shrug:

The Angel Sounds doppler i ordered has 2 places for head phones so DH can listen as well. it has an additional cable, but I have no idea how I would be able to record the sound to my computer yet. I am going to have to ask DH if he can figure out how to do that, because I have no clue??? :shrug:

Wanna I hope you are able to record their heartbeats. How exciting I can't wait to hear your update!

I tried my angel sounds doppler again later and had DH listen and I think we probably found the heart beats of at least one, maybe even the two. This time I found the heart beats up higher on my belly closer to my belly button, one heart beat sound was on the left side and one on the right, it sounded like a quick swishing sound or like a horse breathing hard. DH took my pulse and he said it seemed a little faster then mine, so I think it was it, although once again I am not 100% sure.:shrug: i also could hear what I think was movement , like a scuffling around in there. I can feel movement every now and than and I have for the last several days now

It is early though of course since I am not the recommended 13 weeks to use the angel sounds doppler, and I will be 10 weeks tomorrow. So i imagine as I get further alog it will be easier to know for sure what I am listening to.

So in conclusion I think the angel sounds one seems okay since it is working for me. I just think it would be worth it to spend a little bit more money and get the sonoline B once since it shows the heart rate and everything so if i could go back and do it again I would of gotten the other one. I found out about the sonoline B brand by watching you tube videos of ladies using that brand of doppler and it was really awesome. The angel sounds one doesn't display the heart rate ofthe baby at all and the sonoline B one has a digital display that shows the babys heart rate number, it also has a speaker so yuo can hear the sound without head phones. I haven't had DH try hooking it to the computer yet to see if we can record the soundso I can share it, but once I do I will do an update and hopefully I can share the sound so you guys can hear it as well. :thumbup:

So Reba messaged me today to say she had to buy maternity pants! Seems that her tummy is extra sensitive and the bump is pushing her regular pants out and making her uncomfortable. Yet another signpost - things seem to be happening faster than I keep expecting them to, but that is not a complaint!

Wanna I'm glad you got to hear the heartbeats. I'm sure once you get further along you will be able to hear them even better.

Chase that's so good! Maternity clothes are the best. You want the baby to be comfortable.

Chase - Yep agree with Happy, maternity clothes make things so much more comfortable! I started wearing some of mine; at least the jeans. I think with having your second child, your bump/tummy starts sticking out more and sooner. I don't even think I started showing with my first until I was 4 months and here I am almost 10 weeks and showing a little!

Hope everyone else is doing good! Sorry I have been MIA; been sick and just starting to feel better today. Haven't had much energy to do much at all, but gonna push through today and even try to workout.

Chase - That is a good sign! Means your little guy is growing.

Michelle - Sorry you've been sick. I was sick a couple weeks ago and it was way worse than usual because of the MS. No wonder we haven't seen you around! Glad you are feeling better and good for you working out!

Hi Whisper :) Yea, it is has been hard to concentrate or do anything for the past week and a half feeling so crappy! I made it through my workout and glad that I did; hopefully my energy will be better today. I really thought the cold was draining me, but I forgot how tired you get during the first 12 weeks. I have been lucky that my MS has been so minor this time around too; once in awhile I get nauseated, but it really isn't that bad, thank goodness! How are you doing?

I am doing good! My energy seems to be back to normal and I am enjoying eating food again. I just think the hormones are making my emotions a little more whacked out than usual at times. Sometimes I get all teary over the stupidest things. Other than that, everything is going pretty well. You even inspired me to do a little light exercise on the eliptical today!

Glad I inspired you ;) After my workout I was hoping for a ton more energy, instead I got a horrible headache :growlmad: I took one tylenol, so hoping that helps a little. And I am having on and off cramping; I just hope that is normal and nothing to freak about!

Michelle I'm sorry you have been sick. The first 12 weeks is exhausted enough and then to add being sick. I'm glad you were able to exercise sorry for the headache.

Michelle - I think the cramping is normal. I had some in the first tri that felt sort of like AF coming. Only a few more days till your OB appointment! I'm guessing they'll do a scan?

I hope so Whisper! I would assume so because I think they would consider me high risk at 39 and the fact it took 3 IVF cycles to get pg. The cramping is strange; it seems to be more of this uncomfortable feeling and especially after I eat, it just feels odd. I am hoping it is just my stomach stretching as I have a small bump now that came out of nowhere!

4 more days and counting till my appt :)

Thanks for all the advice the other day!! :hugs:

On Tuesday I ended up in the hospital emergency room for bleeding, pain, dizziness and nausea. They contacted my OB, ordered an ultrasound, blood work and a pelvic exam to make sure my cervix was closed.

The ultrasound showed my healthy little baby with its heart beating away:cloud9: Heartbeat was 140bpm. A very emotional moment! They could not find any source for the bleeding. No SCH or anything else and my cervix is closed. My uterus is measuring 4-5 cm which is normal. My left ovary is 8cm and my right ovary is 10cm:wacko: My ovaries are double the size of my uterus now and taking up most the room in my abdomen.

With my blood work my HCG, progesterone and estrogen all came back excellent and no sign of infections. I did end up needing 2 bags of IVs and some anti nausea medicine. They tried to give me pain medicine through IV but I refused because I didn't want my baby to have that.

So I saw my OB yesterday and it is just bed rest for me until further notice.. It may take my ovaries up to week 12-14 to finally normalize. Hoping and praying for no more bleeding. He has given me a list of "warnings" if I experience any of them I am told to go straight to the hospital.

On the doppler note....

Yesterday my doppler arrived to hear baby's heartbeat :) I got the Sonoline B one (sp) and it is amazing! I am not even 8 weeks until tomorrow, but this morning I found babies heartbeat for a minute :happydance: It was between 140-156bpm. I can also hear the placenta, which is my heartbeat. I was told my heartbeat would be under 120, most likely under 100. And babies should be between 130-180bpm and will skip around So cool I highly recommend it!!!

hold - Wow, that is some scary business with the bleeding, but I am glad you got checked out and everything is good! And that you got to hear the hb ...it is just amazing :)

Hold- I'm so glad everything is ok! I'm sorry you had to go through that. It must have been scary. Yay for having a Doppler! I bet that is so cool.

Glad things are still going good, Hold, but sorry you had to go through all that. Sending wishes for your ovaries to get back to normal size, soon.

Chase - How was the OB appt for your surrogate? Wasn't the appt today or yesterday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->