IVF Oct/Nov/Dec BFP Announcement & 9month term thread!

I have a question for you girls...

How long did everyone spot for??

I woke up to spotting/light bleeding again but this time it is dark brown not red. It freaks me the f*ck out!! Sorry for the language, but seriously I hate it!! Makes me panic :(

I have an appt with FS tomorrow and another u/s. Last week at the u/s I also had a pelvic exam and was told cervix is closed. I was placed on light bed rest which I have obeyed by. Is it possible the bleeding is from the follicles sacs rupturing?

Sandoval I'm sorry about the headache I've experience a few but they only last a few hours. I don't take anything for them I usually just take a nap.

Has anyone experienced dry skin around their belly button? I am extremely dry. I was told is due to my skin stretching.

Hold I spotted last week for only a day. It was dark color I called the dr and he said it was normal for me since I have the SCH and not to worry unless I was over flowing my pad. Was your u/s a vaginal one?

Hold I spotted last week for only a day. It was dark color I called the dr and he said it was normal for me since I have the SCH and not to worry unless I was over flowing my pad. Was your u/s a vaginal one?

Yea. I had an internal ultrasound last week on Thursday. I had brown spotting 1 week after trasfer for about a week. Then nothing until wed middle of the night last week which was bright red and scary. Then u/s the following day showed baby was good and they couldn't find a source for the bleeding. Thought it was caused from second sac being gone.

Then nothing until this morning when I woke up. Went to the bathroom and brown blood was in the toilet. It also looked like speckles of brown blood on the bottom of the toilet and when I whipped more and more. Now it has slowed again and nothing on pad or toilet paper :shrug: I am a nervous wreck!!!

You poor thing, no wonder you're worried. The good thing is that you've been able to get checked out and baby is doing well. I have a friend that spotted brown and red throughout her whole pregnancy and they could never determine an exact cause for it. Baby was born big and healthy! I know it must be worrying, but hopefully it will slow and go away completely. Just keep asking for checks to be done on baby to put your mind at rest x

@Hold, I have had brown spotting every day now for weeks. I don't know if you remember but it started out at first with watery red blood spotting and than it turned to the dark brown the next day and has been there ever since. It started around 6 weeks. I don't know if you remember when this happened because I was freaking out on the IVF thread. The same day the spotting started I went and had HCG bloods done and they came back super high, and the next day I went for an ultrasound and everything looked great with the twins, and we saw the two heart beats. So I have had the spotting for a while now and my DR told me it is normal and it will probably last a while. My Dr wasn't worried at all, and thinks it is from a blood clot or a hematoma in there. Or possible embryo #3 that I put in since it didn't make it so it could of been from that as well.

I was scared for a while when this was happening as well, but I am used to it now. Honestly as long it is light spotting and dark brown, which is old dried blood than try not to let it scare you. If you have heavy cramping and the blood gets heavy and is red blood enough to soak through a pad than that is a cause for worry. You should try to relax, get plenty of rest and take it easy well you are spotting and no heavy lifting.

I can't wait for the spotting to stop either and I hate it as well, so I can understand where you are coming froml!!! I don't know if you are on the vaginal cream progesterone, but if you are than with the spotting it will be normal if you see brown chunks of the progesterone coming out in the shower or when you use the bathroom. The progesterone is like a paper machet type material although there is no smell to it at all. Sorry if this is gross, but I wanted you to know that if thishappend to you that it is normal hun. The progesterone changes whatever color your spotting is and gets all clumpy in there.

Wanna - I was also told to stop the progesterone cream inserts at 10 weeks. I was a little worried something would go wrong after stopping them, but no problems.

Sandoval - Sorry about the headaches. I've had a few as well and have been taking acetaminophen (I think it is the same thing as paracetemol) which my doc said was safe for pregnancy. I think mine are caused partially by inflamed sinuses. Hope your headaches go away soon!

Hold - Sorry you are going through the spotting. I would be feeling EXACTLY the same way if it were me. I am still paranoid every time I go to the bathroom and always checking for spots. It is totally understandable why you would be anxious, scared, paniced, and even mad.There have been a lot of ladies on here who have experienced spotting and gone on to have healthy pregnancies. Praying for you that the spotting stops and that your baby grows healthy and strong. :hugs::hugs:

Wanna - Sorry you are also continuing to have spotting! How unnerving! Hope it stops soon for you as well. :hugs:

AFM - I am an orange today! Or, technically, two oranges! My bump is getting a little bigger; maybe I will have DH take a picture of it tonight. I went to my first therapy appointment today, and it was so helpful. I bawled the whole time, but I got some supportive feedback and validation from the therapist. It is such a relief to have someone validate that I am not crazy and that infertility is a traumatic event that can take time to heal from! I am going back next week and I think this could help me to move forward and make this transition in a healthy way. :happydance:

I have fruit envy whisper! There are certain fruits on the ticker that I'm always dying to get to. Early in pregnancy I couldn't wait to be a raspberry, then it was a lime, now I'm focussed on becoming an orange lol! There are just some fruits that stand out and show good progression I think. After the orange I'm eyeing up the banana! Whatever makes the time go faster I suppose lol x

Good for you attending the therapy, I'm sure you will find some healing from it x

LOL Sandoval...I know how that goes! I am thinking it would be cool to be a mango...at least I think that's a mango a few weeks down the line. :haha:

Yay whisper you are an orange!

AFM, I got back from my NT scan. Everything went well the babies are doing good. I'll post pics later. My Dr will get the results and he will review them next month. Has anyone hear of genetic counseling? I have an appt on Friday.

I did genetic counseling but that was when I was matched with my egg donor. Not sure why they would do it after the fact.

@Whisper, I am so glad that your counseling appointment was so helpful!!! That is really great hun and it sounds like you have had some realizations already from just the one appointment!! :thumbup: Congrats on being an orange!!! :happydance:

@Happy, try using vaseline on the dry patches of skin on your belly. I have really weird dry skin on my chest and I have to put vaseline on it because of how dry and chapped it gets. It started during this pregnancy and was never a problem before I was prego.

I dont know much about the genetic counseling, but I am wondering if it is because you are over 35 and at increased risk for genetic issues??? I would suggest googling it to see what info you can find out about it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I just bought two of these Halloween outfits and they were half priced on clearance. They were perfect size for the twins since they will be here a couple of months before Halloween comes. They are just too cute!!! :happydance::happydance:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/DP0830201219364110M_zpsca0c1324.jpg

I did genetic counseling but that was when I was matched with my egg donor. Not sure why they would do it after the fact.

We did a full genetic testing before IVF and we had no issues. I dunno why they want us to do one!

@Whisper, I am so glad that your counseling appointment was so helpful!!! That is really great hun and it sounds like you have had some realizations already from just the one appointment!! :thumbup: Congrats on being an orange!!! :happydance:

@Happy, try using vaseline on the dry patches of skin on your belly. I have really weird dry skin on my chest and I have to put vaseline on it because of how dry and chapped it gets. It started during this pregnancy and was never a problem before I was prego.

I dont know much about the genetic counseling, but I am wondering if it is because you are over 35 and at increased risk for genetic issues??? I would suggest googling it to see what info you can find out about it. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Thanks for the Vaseline tip. I will try it! Yes it must be because I'm over 35 but I think it's a little late. I don't know if I'll have it done.

Thanks for the Vaseline tip. I will try it! Yes it must be because I'm over 35 but I think it's a little late. I don't know if I'll have it done.

Yeah I agree with you. Unless they were to see something that doesn't look good on the ultrasound which would be a cause for concern and require additional testing, otherwise I wouldn't want to do any unecessary testing either. :nope:

We were asked if we want to do genetic testing on the babies and we declined because the stuff they typically test for is not anything that you can do anything about and we are for sure keeping these babies no matter what! Plus, I personally don't know that I want to spend my whole pregnancy worrying about possible genetic conditions. We'll cross that bridge if it happens!

Thank you everyone. We've decided not to have the counseling done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->