IVF Oct/Nov/Dec BFP Announcement & 9month term thread!

Chase - How was the OB appt for your surrogate? Wasn't the appt today or yesterday?
No, probably not for another week or so - my agency wanted to get something straight with the insurance coverage before we pick the OB/GYN so we get one that accepts the coverage with minimum copays. I spoke to them (the agency) a couple of days ago and they are on top of it and Reba has been contacted by the person arranging the coverage, so I know it's all going as it should, but I'm anxious for the next appointment!

Ah gotcha! I am sure Reba's next appt will be here before you know it ;) Time is flying by already!!!

Wanna - thanks for sharing. Give us an update when you get to 14weeks to listen again.

Michelle - Sorry you have been sick and I hope you feel better now. I have allergies every morning from 6:30am to 9am like clock work. It sucks.

Chase - Glad things are moving along. Have you gotten to see pics of her bump yet?

Whisper - How are you doing cycle buddy?

Hold - Glad everything is ok with your little one. Question about your doppler. How clear is the heartbeat? Is it clearer then when doing an ultrasound? Just curious, because I'm thinking about getting one.

Happy - Hope your doing ok. Any updates?

Here is a video below from my 10 week twin ultrasound with my new OB today. DH recorded it for me. For the most part I liked my new OB. The twins look great and we saw two heart beats. I have full details about my appointment in my journal is anyone wants to check it out. Here is the video from my appointment today.

I had to do a glucose test before my appointment today because of my weight and BMI. The glucose test wasn't bad at all. I had heard that it was so gross and horrible, but it was just like drinking a big glass of hawaiin punch. It tasted fine. I did get a little naseous after because I couldn't eat or drink for an hour after until they drew my blood, but i was okay otherwise. I should get the results by mid week next week, and of course no news is good news, so if I don't hear anything it means I am just fine. Fingers crossed that I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxdKbeuRibk

@Hold, I am so glad that everything is okay with your baby and that you are feeling better now. :hugs::hugs: That is awesome that you found the heart beats on your doppler!! :thumbup: I want to get a sonoline B one as well. I saw you tube videos with ladies using it and their doppler is really awesome and worth every penny!!! :thumbup:

I just wanted to add that I decided to sign up for a twin growth research study through my local hospital where I will get to have 3D and 4D ultrasounds, with lots of pictures to keep and video that they will record to discs for me. :thumbup: The visits are all free. :thumbup:They will reimburse me at the end of the study for my time and travel expenses up to $250.00, so that is not to bad. My first ultrasound appointment for that will be on Monday 01/28/13 in the morning, so I am super excited about that. They will try to coordinate the visits with my normal dr appointments which would be at the same office anyways because I am high risk with the twins so I will only have about 2 extra visits based on what the girl told me. :thumbup:

Wanna I'm so happy your twins are doing well. I've done the 1 hour glucose and the 3 hour and its not fun. I'm glad you like your new OB. When is your next appt?

Wanna I'm so happy your twins are doing well. I've done the 1 hour glucose and the 3 hour and its not fun. I'm glad you like your new OB. When is your next appt?

Thanks Happy!! :thumbup: Did you pass the second glucose test?? How bad was the second glucose test, or was it easy like the first one??

My next regular OB appointment is 02/15/13, but I might have to reschedule it. However I also have an ultrasound on 01/28/13 for that twin growth study I mentioned in my previous post and I will get to see the babies in 3D and 4D, along with getting pictures and videos of my ultrasound!! So I am really excited about that appointment. :thumbup:

The study sounds great! You get all these additional pics of your babies. The 3 hour was worse than the 1 hour. Unfortunately I didn't pass either one. So I've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes I have my first appt next week. I don't understand how I failed I don't eat any sweets! That is the one thing I don't crave! I'm going to change my eating habits so I can avoid any meds. I hope your results come out fine.

The study sounds great! You get all these additional pics of your babies. The 3 hour was worse than the 1 hour. Unfortunately I didn't pass either one. So I've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes I have my first appt next week. I don't understand how I failed I don't eat any sweets! That is the one thing I don't crave! I'm going to change my eating habits so I can avoid any meds. I hope your results come out fine.

Aww, oh no hun. :hugs::hugs:Hopefully controlling your diet will be enough to control the gestational diabeties. I have heard stories where some women just develop it right from the beginning for various reasons, unfortunatly pregnancy affects women differently. I hope it isn't going to cause you alot of problems though hun. Big hugs to you!! :hugs::hugs:

I am so nervous about the test now, and I really hope I passed it. I am overweight so I know that isn't helping me out any either. Plus my mother has it, so it runs in my family. ugghhh....:dohh:

Aww, oh no hun. :hugs::hugs:Hopefully controlling your diet will be enough to control the gestational diabeties. I have heard stories where some women just develop it right from the beginning for various reasons, unfortunatly pregnancy affects women differently. I hope it isn't going to cause you alot of problems though hun. Big hugs to you!! :hugs::hugs:

I am so nervous about the test now, and I really hope I passed it. I am overweight so I know that isn't helping me out any either. Plus my mother has it, so it runs in my family. ugghhh....:dohh:
I really hope you do pass it. I don't know what to expect. I am worried as I didn't think I was going to get it so soon. Being on bed rest does not help the situation. I really thought I was going to pass it since I had lost 3 lbs. Diabetes runs in my family so it didn't surprised me when I got the call. Let me know as soon as you get your results. I hope you get good news.

Hold - So sorry about what you have been going through! So glad everything is looking good and that you got the doppler so you can check on the little one's heartbeat. Hope things get easier from here on out!:hugs:

Happy - Sorry about the diabetes. Just what you needed right now. :( FX you don't have to take any meds. :hugs:

Wanna - Hope you get good news with your test results. FX for you!!

Want - I am doing good! Still not really gaining much weight - hope that's not bad. My dad says that my mom didn't look obviously pregnant until about 7 months with her first! And she was a tiny lady too. Of course I have twins so hoping my small bump is ok.

Michelle - Only a couple of days now right?!? :happydance:

Chase - I bet you are anxious to get in to the OB so you can get some news on your boy again. FX you find a good doc who is a good fit for you and Reba.

Has anyone been thinking of names yet? I know most of us don't know the gender for sure, but it is fun to think of possible boy and girl names. I am wondering if DH and I will be able to agree on names. So far, it is not looking hopeful. Everytime one of us suggests a name, the other looks rather doubtful. :dohh:

Chase - I bet you are anxious to get in to the OB so you can get some news on your boy again. FX you find a good doc who is a good fit for you and Reba.

Has anyone been thinking of names yet? I know most of us don't know the gender for sure, but it is fun to think of possible boy and girl names. I am wondering if DH and I will be able to agree on names. So far, it is not looking hopeful. Everytime one of us suggests a name, the other looks rather doubtful. :dohh:

One advantage of doing this as a single is I get to pick the name without anyone else shooting me down. Plus knowing the sex right from the start means I can set the name, too. My son's first and middle names will be Casper Jack.
And yeah, really looking forward to the first OB/GYN visit. But Reba is progressing just as she should with symptoms and everything, so I feel very comfortable.

Whisper we have names picked out. We had them since we started trying. We have two girls names and two boys. The battle will be if we end up with one of each because then we have to decide. A lot of people say they change their mind once the babies are born.

Chase that is so true! You don't have to battle with anyone. I love the name you have chosen.

Dh and I have names picked out. It was so difficult! The girl's name we found quickly but we took ages to agree on a boy name. Not sure we'll even stick with the boy name we have chosen! Chase, you have it easy! Love the name you've picked x

DH & me have a few favorite names that we both like, but we are still not 100% in agreement about which to choose. It has been a definate challenge for us to agree on a name so far. It seems to be easier to pick out girl names than boy names for some reason. I dont know why that is, but it has been the case for us well we have been looking. I have a really long word document with tons of names that I have been collecting over the years so it is something I have been thinking about for a long time now. It will be easier once we know for sure what the sexes of the twins are so we can narrow it down by that at least. LOL..:haha:

Wow! You guys are all awesome! We need to get on this name thing; I feel behind. :winkwink: Dh said last night that if it comes down to it, he could name one twin and I could name the other. Um, no. Not going to happen. lol. We would probably both end up hating the other twin's name. Anyway, I think we are both going to do some searching today and then tonight we will have some names to run past each other.

Funny story, I was talking to a woman some years back who was having twin boys. I suggested she name them Dennis and Floyd after a pair of hurricanes that had hit the island a couple of months before and she gave me a dirty look. Turns out she should have named them that, because they've sort of grown up to be juvenile delinquents. :haha:

Hold - Glad everything is ok with your little one. Question about your doppler. How clear is the heartbeat? Is it clearer then when doing an ultrasound? Just curious, because I'm thinking about getting one.

It is not as clear as with an ultrasound yet.. But I am only 8 weeks :winkwink: Yours should be very clear!! I recommend the sonoline B one because it has the screen and 3 different modes. It counts the heartbeat for you and that makes it easier to find baby's heartbeat. I love it!! Can't wait until I am further along and baby's heartbeat is stronger!!

My 10 Week Twin Baby Bump...

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/10weeks01-21-13_zps7f00db64.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->