IVF Oct/Nov/Dec BFP Announcement & 9month term thread!

Yellow bump turned BLUE - very much in love with Jacob Michael, born 16th November 2013 weighing 7lb 1oz @42 weeks. He kept us waiting as long as possible!

Will update with birth story and pics asap.

Congratulations JDH!!!! Hope you're all doing well and can't wait to hear the details!

Well...went into hospital for induction on Friday at 5:30pm. Was checked and cervix still hard, long and closed. Was given first pessary about 6pm, after 6 hours midwife checked and cervix was short and soft and had dilated to between 1 and 2cm with no contractions. Given 2nd pessary about 1am, left to sleep and checked again at 9:40am, had only got to 2cm still and had no contractions still. Midwife said I could go get settled in a delivery room as, being 2 weeks overdue, they wouldn't send me home. So I got up to go to the bathroom and my waters went! Very painful contractions started immediately. Was taken round to my delivery room and after 1 hour and 20 mins I felt really defeated, as I just couldn't cope with the pain yet I really wanted a drug free delivery. Midwife recommended an epidural, as she said if I couldn't cope with the pain at 2cm then I would find it very hard further on. So I reluctantly agreed. Midwife left to sort epi out and I just cried to hubby about it, but he was great and said as long as we were both ok he didn't care.

Well, contractions got extremely worse and seemed to be coming every 20 secs!

Midwife came back 20 mins later and commented that they were 'thick and fast!' Then I got this almighty urge to push, told midwife and she said to go with it. I pushed and lost more water, midwife checked me and was amazed that she could see baby and that it was definitely time to push!!

11 minutes later Jacob came into this world making beautiful noises and I had managed my complete pain relief free labour and birth :happydance:

All 3 stages combined took just 2 hours 36 minutes. I couldn't have been happier. Feeling like I needed an epidural was because I had gone from 2cm to fully dilated in a very short time so I had only had extreme contractions from the beginning :haha:

Both DH and I are so in love :cloud9: and he thinks i'm amazing for managing my labour without even gas and air :thumbup:

Attachments

• 2013-11-16 18.39.23.jpg
    2013-11-16 18.39.23.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 2013-11-17 20.25.47.jpg
    2013-11-17 20.25.47.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 6
  • moses basket 1 day old.jpg
    moses basket 1 day old.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 5
Well...went into hospital for induction on Friday at 5:30pm. Was checked and cervix still hard, long and closed. Was given first pessary about 6pm, after 6 hours midwife checked and cervix was short and soft and had dilated to between 1 and 2cm with no contractions. Given 2nd pessary about 1am, left to sleep and checked again at 9:40am, had only got to 2cm still and had no contractions still. Midwife said I could go get settled in a delivery room as, being 2 weeks overdue, they wouldn't send me home. So I got up to go to the bathroom and my waters went! Very painful contractions started immediately. Was taken round to my delivery room and after 1 hour and 20 mins I felt really defeated, as I just couldn't cope with the pain yet I really wanted a drug free delivery. Midwife recommended an epidural, as she said if I couldn't cope with the pain at 2cm then I would find it very hard further on. So I reluctantly agreed. Midwife left to sort epi out and I just cried to hubby about it, but he was great and said as long as we were both ok he didn't care.

Midwife came back 20 mins later and commented that they were 'thick and fast!' Then I got this almighty urge to push, told midwife and she said to go with it. I pushed and lost more water, midwife checked me and was amazed that she could see baby and that it was definitely time to push!!

11 minutes later Jacob came into this world making beautiful noises and I had managed my complete pain relief free labour and birth :happydance:

All 3 stages combined took just 2 hours 36 minutes. I couldn't have been happier. Feeling like I needed an epidural was because I had gone from 2cm to fully dilated in a very short time so I had only had extreme contractions from the beginning :haha:

Both DH and I are so in love :cloud9: and he thinks i'm amazing for managing my labour without even gas and air :thumbup:

Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations! You are so lucky that it was fast. I think you're amazing with or without meds (which I plan on getting)!

Jacob is gorgeous! Enjoy your little boy :happydance:

Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations! You are so lucky that it was fast. I think you're amazing with or without meds (which I plan on getting)!

Jacob is gorgeous! Enjoy your little boy :happydance:

Definitely amazing with or without drugs, as I now know how much it hurts :haha: and I really didn't think I could cope, just lucky it was quick and I was at then end :thumbup:

can't wait to see more gorgeous babies delivered by such deserving women :hugs:

Aww Jacob is gorgeous!! What an incredible birth story, thanks for sharing!!

Congratulations JDH! He is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your birth story. I'm glad everything went well.

JDH, Congratulations on the birth of your son!! He is adorable!!! :flower:

https://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u629/LeslieRo1/Congratulations/Congratulations2_zpse139bc03.gif

Thanks guys, i'm so in love with him, he's amazing and I learn something new every day
here's a new pic of my cheeky boy at 2 weeks old :cloud9:

Attachments

• 2013-11-30 15.02.18.jpg
    2013-11-30 15.02.18.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 5
Wow! Look how alert and bright-eyed he is! What a cutie!

How is everyone? I hope everyone's LOs are doing well and that the pregnant ladies are feeling good.

My twins are six months old now! I can't believe I've had them for half a year already! They are such wonderful little ladies with such different personalities. Poor little Rose has to get an orthotic helmet. She is getting her head scanned for it on Wednesday. Other than that, they are both as healthy as can be. They are still pretty small, just over 14 lbs, but are about the size they are supposed to be for their adjusted age.

JDH he is so alert and hansome! Enjoy it because they grow very fast.

Whisper I'm glad you are doing well. Dominic is getting a helmet too due to flat area on the back of his head. They told me that sometimes this happens because they are so cramped in the wound so they lean their head to a side and it starts getting flat. Hopefully Rose won't have to wear for too long. 6 months already? It's going by too fast.

I hope everyone else is doing well with their babies and their pregnancies.

My twins are 5 months now. Dominic is 20 lbs and Natalie 17 lbs. Growing too fast. I'll try to post pictures later from my phone since my laptop won't let me.

How handsome JDH!!

I just had Dylans 4 month appt last night; little guy is 7 percentile for his height and 79 percentile for his weight..UGH! He was just over 15 pounds, so short and chubby!!! I will post some pictures later today once I download them; I had them taken on Black Friday.

Hope everyone is doing good!!!!

Happy - sorry Dominic has to get a helmet. I hope he adjusts quickly and it doesn't bug him too much.

Michelle - I think short and round is a fabulously cute quality in both babies and pets. Lol. :winkwink: Glad to hear Dylan is doing well.

Baby Rose got her helmet on Thursday. So far she hates it! :wacko: I am really hoping she can adjust. I've had to carry her around and snuggle her all day since she got it. Otherwise she is screaming. Here she is in her new hat:

image.jpg

Awww Whisper, Rose looks adorable. But poor thing; hopefully she adjusts to wearing it. Does she have to wear it when she sleeps?

Yeah she will have to wear it even when sleeping. We haven't quite ramped up to that point yet...I'm not very excited for the first night we have to put her to bed in it! I'm thinking it probably won't go very well....

Whisper did they tell you how long she has to wear it? They told me 23 hours per day and about 2 months. I know he's going to hate it. He's such a happy baby. Rose is beautiful and I can't believe how big she is.

Happy - Rose has super flat spot so she might be in her helmet for three months. And yes, it is 23 hours per day! Luckily, she had her final fitting today and the orthotist made some adjustments to the helmet. She is doing A LOT better wearing it now. Phew. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->