Ivf oct/nov/dec

Merry Christmas! It has been an amazing Christmas for me so far. I got my first ever BFP! It's a faint line, but it's there. I've never seen anything but stark white before. DH and I are happy while being cautious until after my second beta on Friday. It feels too good to be true! :dance: :dance: :dance:

:yipee: Congrats! Such a wonderful present to get for Christmas!

Yeahhhhh lotus so happy for you I hope everyone else on tww gets there bfp you ladies deserve this merry Xmas xx xxx

Ever thinking about you hope you get a bfp. Well today I put on a brave face I've got a new Cousin who is 9 months I spent the day with her and spoiled her a bit I loved it i really believe I will be a good mum I am in awe of children I can't wait to be a mum when i had to hand my baby cousin back I was so envious dh fell in love instantly with her I could see in his eyes when he carried her to the cot it is so unfair our struggle to have kids. My cousin said to me today that I have a good man but must feel like half a woman that I can't give him babies. I went to the car and broke down Xmas sucks.

Wow, girly, what a horrible comment for someone to make - and on Christmas to boot. I can't imagine what goes through the head of a person like that. Do they have no clue how hurtful a statement like that is or do they just want to be cruel? I was married to a woman who had fertility issues and I never considered her any less a woman for it. It's just a quirk of biology - I was born with a birth defect in one of my eyes - does that mean I'm somehow less of a man? Or if instead I had been born with sperm issues, would that have also meant I wasn't a full male?
I wish I had been there when that cousin said that to you - I've very good with my words in the moment - I would have let a real zinger out at her (I'm assuming it was a woman who said it - it sounds more like a woman/catty sort of comment than a male/asshole one).
I know what you mean about babies, though. I was out on the ferry dock today and a couple with a baby girl was getting off the boat that I had to get on - I offered to help and the mum passed up the baby. Just holding her for the 60 seconds that the mum needed to climb up the ladder felt so nice. I've been waiting for this so long, I think it's going to take months before the thrill of being able to hold my own child wears off. Not that it will ever go away, but at first it's going to feel like a miracle each time.
Anyway, sorry that someone said something so hateful to you today of all days. The fact that you had the self-control not to slap the s**t out of her shows you are more of a woman than she'll ever be. And if she ever says it again just say "Well you, my dear, are certainly no lady!"

Girly- I agree with Chase. What a horrible thing to say. I would watch out for karma if I were your cousin... Don't let people make you feel bad for any of this. It most certainly is not your fault. It happens. It's crappy, but it happens. You will get your baby someday and it will be a wonderful gift! XO :hug:

I'm having one of those moments of doubt right now... I tested today and it was :bfn: I'm 7dp3dt ... I'm so afraid of tomorrow, the day that most 3dt ladies get their bfp!

So many people are so confident that this cycle will work so I feel like if it doesn't I'm letting all of them down :cry:

Congrats Lotus!!!:happydance:

Girly - Yeah that was a very ignorant thing for your cousin to say. None of us here (or our partners) are less valuable people because of our fertility issues. We are all in the same boat and I think you and the others here are actually especially wonderful individuals!

August - Sorry about your BFN, but sometimes it takes longer than expected to test positive. When is your beta?

Thanks everyone you've cheered me up chase it won't be long till your holding your baby I hope your surrogate is doing well. August please don't worry that still sounds to early you may have implanted later. Hope everyone is having a good Xmas xxxxx

Merry Christmas Everyone! Got to eat some food I was craving for! Still sensitive to smell and sinse stopping the suppositories on Sat. I have been feeling Nausea the past few days. Not sure if the suppositories were helping me keep that in check before?

Good Luck to all the testers this week! :dust:

Massive congrats Lotus! Did you have any symptoms? .

August, try to keep the faith! You're not out yet!

I'm 99% sure I won't be testing before my beta Friday. Tomorrow I need to try to find a place to have it done, as we are out of state at dh's parent's house.

Hope everyone else is well!

I got a "Pregnant" on a cb easy digital this afternoon! I still can't believe it but feel better seeing the word. :happydance:

Massive congrats Lotus! Did you have any symptoms?

I'm 99% sure I won't be testing before my beta Friday. Tomorrow I need to try to find a place to have it done, as we are out of state at dh's parent's house.

Hope everyone else is well!

I didn't have any major symptoms. Had some cramping off and on since 2dpt, slight nausea and dizziness last night, fatigue yesterday... other symptoms are definitely from the progesterone (sore boobs). I just wanted to test since it is Christmas. :happydance:

Good luck, Lucie! You have some amazing willpower!

Good to hear you had no major symptoms Lotus! I've been worrying about my lack of symptoms. As for my willpower, I'm sure it will be severely tested between now and Friday. I think we will be able to hold out though. We're at dh's parent's until Saturday, and I'd hate to test early and (god forbid) get a bfn. I know both dh and I would have a hard time enjoying the rest of our visit then.

Good to hear you had no major symptoms Lotus! I've been worrying about my lack of symptoms. As for my willpower, I'm sure it will be severely tested between now and Friday. I think we will be able to hold out though. We're at dh's parent's until Saturday, and I'd hate to test early and (god forbid) get a bfn. I know both dh and I would have a hard time enjoying the rest of our visit then.

I completely understand that! I was a little scared that I would ruin Christmas by testing early, but I couldn't wait. I'm so impatient.

Ali- I am still praying for you! :hug: I wish your FS didn't make you wait so long for a beta! :hugs:

Lotus- Congrats!!! Best Christmas present ever! :)

Girly-I am sorry about your cousin! That is horrible! She must not have much of a brain! :hugs:

August- don't give up hope :hugs: I don't know much about when to test for 3dt vs. 5dt. But I know you still have time!!

Want- what foods are you craving? Just curious!! :)

Lucie- good luck for your beta on Friday!

Wanna- good luck on Thursday at your appt!!

I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas!!!

AFM: I still can't believe that I am pregnant!! The holiday's were wonderful, but I decided not to tell all family until I have an ultrasound. I only told my sister and brother because it was very important for me to tell them in person. They were both so happy for me it was very special moment :cloud9:

I guess I am not one of the lucky ones that has no symptoms! My symptoms are pretty intense at times, especially the nausea. I am wondering if that could mean twins! :) The spotting is very scant and only when I wipe, never on the liner or in the toilet, it is also still a pink color. Tomorrow I will get to talk to my nurse and see what the plan is!

How long will I stay on estrogen for? I think the endometrin I will be on till 12 weeks.. But I wasn't sure about the estrogen or the baby aspirin.

Hi all- just a quick update. Tested this am and it was a BFN!!

Gutted but onwards and upwards!!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Xx

Good morning girls... Thank you for all of your kind words of support and encouragement.

I'm 8dt3dt and it's another :bfn: this morning. My beta test is on Saturday morning at 8am. I should have never tested :dohh: Hopefully today will pass on by quickly as I'm heading to work and a lot of work there is for me to complete today.

I'm trying to remember that implantation can occur later then usual, but I just don't know. I had AF type cramps Monday and all day yesterday. :shrug:I don't read too much into what I'm feeling because of all the progesterone that I'm taking. DH wants me to buy some FRER's tonight so that I can test tomorrow morning with that but I don't want to spend money on that just yet.

Anyway, I pray you all have a lovely day :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"