Ivf oct/nov/dec

Welcome tcmc & macca!

Sweetness - I will actually be starting now in November! I had my follow-up yesterday and he said that unfortunately the second cycle was worse then my first. Since my first I actually did get pg, just ended in a MC. So he wants to put me back on the same lupron protocol that I did on my first cycle but this time just increase my follistum dosage to get better quality eggs. He thinks that if we get better eggs I will have a better chance this next cycle....third time has to be a charm, right ;)

So I will call with my next AF, should be around October 1, then will go in Oct 22 for blood/scan and then start lupron. The nurse said I would stim around Nov 7 and retrieval is estimated right now for Nov 18, which is DH's birthday! I am actually glad to have a plan in place and start again this year.

I feel like and IVF veteran now going through 2 cycles already, so ask any questions you have...I was on the long lupron protocol for my first cycle and will be again for my third and my second cycle I did the cycle using ganirelix/cetrotide protocol which seemed to keep me more suppressed then lupron. I will be doing lovenox injections again this cycle along with taking metanx since I have the MTHFR gene.

Soooo why did he not like the second cycle other then not getting preg? How many eggs did you have and how many were fertilized. And glad someone else is Nov too! AF should be here oct 7 and they told me retreival should be Nov7,8 or 9. I wonder why your starting you period before me and your retreival is after mine? Sorry im lost with this stuff

sweetness the NHS is the national health service, depending on which primary care trust we live in you can either be entitled to one two or three free cycles of ivf. myself and my husband are only entitled to one free try and wouldnt be able to afford to fund a 2nd cycle ourselves so really all our hopes of having a baby together are pinned on this one free go :-(

everything went great with the screening i was just a little disappointed that we did not get to see the doctor but just the nurses, they were really nice, i was just looking forward to seeing the doctor as i had a list of questions the length of my arm!! looking forward to next week tho when i start BCP and thats when i will go in for an appointment with my FS to pick up all the drugs and have the needle training. its all very exciting :happydance:

Oh I see I wonder if my state has the NHS, I will have to look. And how long do you (we) have to be on BCP, or will it be different for everyone?

AFM- I have an appt next Tues for the IFV training class and to meet with the doc, which I have a trillion questions as well! Im just ready for it to be Nov so they can get my eggs :)

i am in northern ireland so the health service here is called the NHS. the nurse at my screening appointment said i would probably on BCP for roughly 2 weeks and would more than likely start down regging while still on the BCP, but she didnt seem to wanna give too much away so very anxious to get talking to the FS :wacko:

tcmc- ooooo I see. Its weird how every state and country does things differently. Also I bet your ready to talk to FS, as I am as well. Ready for all of us to get there. Also keep us posted whe you do talk to them etc

sweetness - i definately will! this is the only place i dont feel guilty about venting or constantly talking about this whole process, nice to have ppl who can really appreciate what you are going through when they are going through it themselves :hugs:

Hey ladies question..... During the egg retrieval how much time did you take off or planning to and when they put the fertilized eggs back in how long as well

Hi there, I have just started down regging today so egg retrieval is likely to be early October. Feeling positive but also nervous and just hoping that it will work!

We are doing ICSI through a private hospital x

Welcome!!!! is this your first treatment or have you tried others? And hopefully we will all get our BFP!

Hey sweetness, this is our first treatment! We have been trying naturally for around 2 years! I think you will be around a month behind me with egg retrieval! Xx

Sweetness - My first cycle they got 9 eggs, 8 fertilised and made it to day 5. My second cycle they got 10 eggs, 7 fertilised and by day 5 only 2 made it and they were worse quality then my first cycle. And my doctor has a week in November where he cycles all his clients at the same time and he uses birth control to manage that. So I will probably get my period on Oct 1, then use BC to manage when my next one starts, which will be around Nov 4 or 5, then I can stim starting the 7 or so. Then he will have all his retrieval/transfers around the same time.

And as far as time off, with both cycles I took the day off for the ER and the day after I worked from home. After that I was fine, but I also sit all day long. And for transfer I just took that day off and went back the next. Every clinic is different and what they expect, also depends on your job. If you are on your feet all day, you may consider taking more time off after the transfer.

Hi ladies...is my first try and hopefully it works... I am 37 yrs old and have 2 kids 12 and 16... boy and girl... my husband has no kids so we decided to go onto IVF... I hada tubaligation at the age of 25 but the doctor who did it took out my fymbria.. with out that the reversal is no use.... I have been on BCB since Sept 6 until Oct. 1... I start on Menopur and Follistim on 10/4 and then expecting a egg retrival between oct 10 -13 and then the transfer between oct 16-19 and then comes the fun part the 2 weeks wait and hopping for the best....during the retrival you will be sedated and given some pain medication and you should go home and rest at least for 24 hours... and when the transfer is done you should be home at least for 2-3 days on bed rest...Good luck to all and lots of baby dust for all

my egg collection probably isnt going to be until mid november as i will only be starting BCP next week, but im really worried about it because the clinic i am with doesnt mention sedation only IV painkillers. i can hardly stand to have a smear test done so what will it be like to lay there and have an egg retrieval done, something much more invasive than a smear test :cry:

Hi All!

I just started BCP and will be going for IVF oct/nov. Really hoping it takes...

We've been trying for 2 years. Lost month, we did clomid + trigger + iui and I tested to early and got my heart broken with a false positive...

At any rate, i'm a wreck. I'm really nervous about all of this esp because stupid insurance has a lifetime limit on everything so I dont know if we could do more than one cycle of ivf... Insurance just makes my head spin...:wacko:

Good luck ladies!!

tcmc - I would ask your clinic; maybe they do the sedation and you just don't know it? I know I get a prescription for pain killers after that, so maybe that is what they mean?

Hi Ash!! Good luck with this cycle; hopefully you only need one :)

my egg collection probably isnt going to be until mid november as i will only be starting BCP next week, but im really worried about it because the clinic i am with doesnt mention sedation only IV painkillers. i can hardly stand to have a smear test done so what will it be like to lay there and have an egg retrieval done, something much more invasive than a smear test :cry:

The IV is what I used in retrieval, which is apparently a very light anesthesia. I hate the pap smear, and just had an endo biopsy done today which was painful as well. But I had no problems whatsoever with the retrieval last time, so I'm hoping you'll be just fine!

Hey ladies question..... During the egg retrieval how much time did you take off or planning to and when they put the fertilized eggs back in how long as well

Last time, I took the day of the retrieval (a Wed) and was back to work the the next day. I took the day of transfer and the next day. This time I've decided to take a full week for the transfer (assuming it is again on Monday). This will be our last go around, so I figure I'll give it my all. I won't be on bed rest that entire time, but at least will get work done from home without being pulled in 20 directions if I was in the office. I think you just want to do what feels most comfortable with you based on how flexible your job is.

thanks girls! i have it on my list of questions for the FS when i go in to pick up my meds and have injection training :) its not usually my thing but i think im gonna try practicing some meditation techniques or something similar, just something to try and keep myself together for the inevitable rollercoaster of emotions that is bound to hit :wacko: also i work full time and go to night school so i dont think it will take much to start the tears flowing or the steam coming out my ears lol

have any of you tried or are you planning on trying anything along those kinda lines?:hugs:

Hi Sweetc .. I will have my retrival around the same best of luck
Hi all - I'll add to the "sweet" folks in the group :winkwink:

We just started BCP last weekend for IVF#2. Our retreival should be on or about October 17. Our issue is supposedly just male factor (e.g. nothing wrong with me), but I have never been pregnant at all, so I'm always concerned there is something unknown with me as well.

After our last failure, we have added acupuncture, endo scratch, microdose lupron (vs regular) and dexamethasone to this cycle. I also have to take an allergy protocol as we discovered that I'm allergic to progesterone, which is needed in high amounts after retreival.

Best of luck to all of you. I know how scary it was the first time, because it was so unknown, but I promise it is so much more of a smooth process than you can expect.

Hey ladies thanks so much for all your answers. How is everyone doing and what part of the cycle are you in and for those of you that are ahead of som of us how are the shots going? Any symtpoms or pain etc?

AFM- my class is tues and meet with the doc cant wait! I recently went weekend alt at work which basicall means I will only work weekend nights and off Mon-Fri so I wont have to worry about work, and I will be anle to respond quicker!

Babydust ladies!

thanks girls! i have it on my list of questions for the FS when i go in to pick up my meds and have injection training :) its not usually my thing but i think im gonna try practicing some meditation techniques or something similar, just something to try and keep myself together for the inevitable rollercoaster of emotions that is bound to hit :wacko: also i work full time and go to night school so i dont think it will take much to start the tears flowing or the steam coming out my ears lol

have any of you tried or are you planning on trying anything along those kinda lines?:hugs:

I tried accupunture once but that is as far as I went. I dont think I could do meditation. Too loud at my house :). Also school and work does suck no fun there

Hi ladies

I've got my dates for my second IVF treatment and EC is booked for week beginning 5th November.
I have an appointment on 4th October to get all my needles (Oh the Joy!) and start buserelin on 8th Oct. Would love some company, as I know how hard it gets feeling like you're the only one going through it!

Also, I had my FSH blood test on Tuesday and nurse said it was 12.4 which she said was fine, however after reading up on the internet (I know I shouldn't) it says that 12.4 (anything above 10) means poor ovarian reserve, which could also mean poor egg quality which could be the reason for my recurrent miscarriages. It's finally good to have some sort of answer, but it scares me too. It says that IVF is best possible scenario for this FSH as it gives me best chance at getting some good eggs. I just hope it works.

xx

Hi ladies

I've got my dates for my second IVF treatment and EC is booked for week beginning 5th November.
I have an appointment on 4th October to get all my needles (Oh the Joy!) and start buserelin on 8th Oct. Would love some company, as I know how hard it gets feeling like you're the only one going through it!

Also, I had my FSH blood test on Tuesday and nurse said it was 12.4 which she said was fine, however after reading up on the internet (I know I shouldn't) it says that 12.4 (anything above 10) means poor ovarian reserve, which could also mean poor egg quality which could be the reason for my recurrent miscarriages. It's finally good to have some sort of answer, but it scares me too. It says that IVF is best possible scenario for this FSH as it gives me best chance at getting some good eggs. I just hope it works.

xx

Welcome!! We will be about the same time! They have told me they plan on ER on Nov 7,8 or 9 and then putting them back Nov 14,15, or 16. I have a class Tues to hear all the ins and outs. How did your first IVF cycle go? Like how many eggs, painful, did they freeze any? Sorry I like to see how everyones experience was that has done it already :)

Hi ladies

xx

Welcome!! We will be about the same time! They have told me they plan on ER on Nov 7,8 or 9 and then putting them back Nov 14,15, or 16. I have a class Tues to hear all the ins and outs. How did your first IVF cycle go? Like how many eggs, painful, did they freeze any? Sorry I like to see how everyones experience was that has done it already :)

No worries, that's what we're here for! First IVF went ok, got 8 eggs all fertilized, but hubby's sperm was a bit cheeky and 2 entered 1 egg :haha: so 7 were good to go. At day 2 there were 2 that were top quality, others were a bit behind, so decided to put 2 back, no frosties unfortunately. I found the EC very painful, not during, as was sedated, but after my stomach felt like it had done 10 rounds in a boxing ring! Had to have 2 weeks off work, as couldn't walk for pain. The transfer was painless and was so emotional seeing them going in. Got BFP but sadly ended in miscarriage after being admitted to hospital for serious abdominal pain :cry:
Looking forward to this one though, as always hopeful. Maybe we can be bump buddies too, as well as IVF buddies :kiss:

I dont know about the rest of u ladies,
But the closer the starting dates get the
More impatient and anxious I am to get
Started. I'm more desperate now than
Ever! Maybe because it feels like it's
Within reach now I dunno. Plz god BFP's
All around x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members