Ivf oct/nov/dec

TCMC - so glad AF showed up! Strange to get excited about starting BCP. Seems so wrong but it marks the beginning of the journey! Very exciting!

AFM - my protocol has been different each time mostly because I switched FS after the 1st cycle. This 3rd one will most likely be similar to the last but we are going to add a human growth hormone to the mix. I don't know alot about it but studies show that women who take it have less miscarriages. Figure - its worth a shot!!

Thats good that you are trying a new protocol! I have a good feeling about BFP for all of us!

Hey Ladies, I am wondering if I can join. I will be starting my down-reg for my November IVF next week. I am on the long lupron protocol w/out BCP. Im very nervous about this cycle, but also more optimistic.

Of course you can join! Welcome! Have you done ivf before?

michelle- holy cow 525 of follistim?! They have me at 225 I am hoping thats enough...soooo many questions and I will only be on BCP for like 2 weeks which seems weird to me but I gyess they know what they are doing.

TMMC- YAY!! I am waiting for AF and will probably be the only time in my life I have been waiting LOL. So now I guess you get to start all your meds now. Do they have DH taking doxy as well?

Just checking in quick ladies as having a hellish week at work and got loads to do.
I'm on long protocol too which I here is more the norm!
Welcome one - I start my DR next week too

So hoping that we all have a healthy BFP in time for Christmas!
Will catch up more over the weekend xx

Just checking in quick ladies as having a hellish week at work and got loads to do.
I'm on long protocol too which I here is more the norm!
Welcome one - I start my DR next week too

So hoping that we all have a healthy BFP in time for Christmas!
Will catch up more over the weekend xx

Oh I soooo understand with work being busy its hard to catch up, glad I switched to working only weekends. And sounds like a lot of us are doing the "long" protocol. And agreed we all get our BFP before Christmas!

michelle- holy cow 525 of follistim?! They have me at 225 I am hoping thats enough...soooo many questions and I will only be on BCP for like 2 weeks which seems weird to me but I gyess they know what they are doing.

TMMC- YAY!! I am waiting for AF and will probably be the only time in my life I have been waiting LOL. So now I guess you get to start all your meds now. Do they have DH taking doxy as well?

I have to wait for an appointment with the FS to get my exact schedule and meds. but they told me i should get my appointment next week. From what i can tell I should be on BCP for between 2-3 weeks (hopefully no more). the only thing DH has to do is provide his little swimmers on the morning of EC, typical haha. Im so ready to just get it started properly now! Bring on the injections!!:haha:

Sweetness - Yep, 525! My first cycle they had me on 225 and last cycle he increased my dosage to 450. This cycle he put down 525, but I was a slow responder during my first cycle and he was increasing my dosage throughout that cycle. I am also 38, so my age doesn't help; will be 39 in January. I am sure your doc will adjust you as needed; you don't want to start out too high and risk OHSS. If you over stimulate, they can cancel your cycle, so it is better to start with a lower dosage and increase as needed. They warned me about OHSS and I was so freaked out about it and wouldn't you know it I was the exact opposite, with being a low responder!

Hey Ladies, I am wondering if I can join. I will be starting my down-reg for my November IVF next week. I am on the long lupron protocol w/out BCP. Im very nervous about this cycle, but also more optimistic.

Of course you can join! Welcome! Have you done ivf before?

Thanks, yes I had an IVF in August/September that ended in BFN.

Michelle- Its crazy how everyone is different. I did follistim 125 for like 5 days and created 9 eggs when doing IUI. So I think 225 should create a lot of eggs. Well hoping and that they grow. The anticipation and the unknown is killlllllllling me. Also I know you mentioned it before but how many eggs did you have your first cycle?

oneof14-Oh no so sorry to hear that. Did you respond well to the meds and have good eggs? Like I have said before in this thread I am feeling good about everyone. I know in the previous 2 years trying I have not been very confident but this one is different, I can just tell myself anf everyone is going to have a BFP

Hi all you wonderful ladies :flower:

May i join this thread?
We currently doing IVF with ICSI. I am on day 17 of down regging with lupron injections. Having not so great time with the moods and body ache. This is my 1st time doing IVF. Previously had IUI which was a BFN. I hope and pray this cycle I get a BFP and so will you all.

Baby :dust::dust: to us all.Have a wonderful day

welcome wish2- this is my first and only round of icsi as we could not afford a second try. Fx'd we all get those BFP's.:hugs:

how have you been with the injections? are you using the lupron to down reg? did u do BCP as well or stright into DR?

Sweetness - Oh you should definitely get a lot of eggs then with IVF :) My first cycle I had 9 eggs, 8 fertilised and made it to day 5. My second round they got 10 eggs, 7 fertilised and only 2 made it to day 5, so definitely a better response with the first round, which is why I am going back to that protocol. Everyone is different, I am just a slow responder. I think at this point it is more the quality then quantity.

Welcome wish! If you are using lupron, it does seem to mess with your moods. When is your estimated retrieval?

Hi girls, I feel really silly for having to ask this, but is it normal for BCP to lighten or shorten the length of days AF lasts. my normal cycle is 28 days cycle with moderate to heavy flow lasting around 5/6 days. im only CD3 and only very light flow the first day was its usual heavy painful self:shrug:

tcmc - When I used the nuvaring last cycle I remember getting AF a few days after I removed it and my AF was lighter then normal too. I am sure it can mess with your flow, etc...

Hi girls, I feel really silly for having to ask this, but is it normal for BCP to lighten or shorten the length of days AF lasts. my normal cycle is 28 days cycle with moderate to heavy flow lasting around 5/6 days. im only CD3 and only very light flow the first day was its usual heavy painful self:shrug:

My doctor actually warned me that my period would be very light on the BCP and it was not concerning at all. Mine was very light last cycle and everything went great. :thumbup:

thanks girls :hugs: im getting more and more impatient now im so ready to get the treatment underway, or at least have the exact schedule dates so i have goals to look to. as it is it still feels just out of reach :wacko:

Thanks for you unfo Michelle!

tmc- sorry late for answering your questions plus I didnt know either way :)

How is everyone else?

AFM- I feel like my period is NEVER going to come. It seriously needs to hurry!

Welcome Wish and hello ladies.

Hope we're having a nice weekend.

I'm super excited about my appointment on Thurs to pick up my needles - strange but true - as it feels like it's really starting then! won't do first one till 8th Oct, but it;ll be here soon! I just want to get to EC already lol

Totally normal for a light AF when on BCP hun so don't panic.

Got a feeling my boss is going to call me in for a meeting about IVF next week, as I told her i would do it during the school hols, and now i'm not I think she may want to know why. Well I've been told my time is running out for egg quality and that it's now or never, so that should shut her up lol My want for a baby far outweighs my work at the moment, so she's just going to have to understand.

Rant over! Hope you're all well xx

Welcome Wish and hello ladies.

Hope we're having a nice weekend.

I'm super excited about my appointment on Thurs to pick up my needles - strange but true - as it feels like it's really starting then! won't do first one till 8th Oct, but it;ll be here soon! I just want to get to EC already lol

Totally normal for a light AF when on BCP hun so don't panic.

Got a feeling my boss is going to call me in for a meeting about IVF next week, as I told her i would do it during the school hols, and now i'm not I think she may want to know why. Well I've been told my time is running out for egg quality and that it's now or never, so that should shut her up lol My want for a baby far outweighs my work at the moment, so she's just going to have to understand.

Rant over! Hope you're all well xx

Hi JDH, did you take BCP? if so how long were you on it before you got word to pick up your needles? as for your boss she can dislike it as much as she likes but she will still have to accomodate it :hugs:

feeling a wee bit down and sad at the min :cry: also guilty for feeling sad. it just feels like everyone is pregnant right now or have just had babies. i just want to be starting treatment cos then i will have a fraction of a hope, as it stands it doesn't matter how many times DH and i do the BD its not gonna happen.:cry: at least when i start meds ther will be that little bit of room for hope and excitement :cry:
sorry for the downer, just fed up its been 5 years of broken hopes and dreams as far as a BFP goes :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->