Ivf oct/nov/dec

Hi ladies

I've got my dates for my second IVF treatment and EC is booked for week beginning 5th November.
I have an appointment on 4th October to get all my needles (Oh the Joy!) and start buserelin on 8th Oct. Would love some company, as I know how hard it gets feeling like you're the only one going through it!

Also, I had my FSH blood test on Tuesday and nurse said it was 12.4 which she said was fine, however after reading up on the internet (I know I shouldn't) it says that 12.4 (anything above 10) means poor ovarian reserve, which could also mean poor egg quality which could be the reason for my recurrent miscarriages. It's finally good to have some sort of answer, but it scares me too. It says that IVF is best possible scenario for this FSH as it gives me best chance at getting some good eggs. I just hope it works.

xx

Welcome!! We will be about the same time! They have told me they plan on ER on Nov 7,8 or 9 and then putting them back Nov 14,15, or 16. I have a class Tues to hear all the ins and outs. How did your first IVF cycle go? Like how many eggs, painful, did they freeze any? Sorry I like to see how everyones experience was that has done it already :)

No worries, that's what we're here for! First IVF went ok, got 8 eggs all fertilized, but hubby's sperm was a bit cheeky and 2 entered 1 egg :haha: so 7 were good to go. At day 2 there were 2 that were top quality, others were a bit behind, so decided to put 2 back, no frosties unfortunately. I found the EC very painful, not during, as was sedated, but after my stomach felt like it had done 10 rounds in a boxing ring! Had to have 2 weeks off work, as couldn't walk for pain. The transfer was painless and was so emotional seeing them going in. Got BFP but sadly ended in miscarriage after being admitted to hospital for serious abdominal pain :cry:
Looking forward to this one though, as always hopeful. Maybe we can be bump buddies too, as well as IVF buddies :kiss:

Sounds great to me! And this one is going to stick I can feel it! I am trying to be as positive as I can with myself as this is the laaaaaaaaaaaaast thing to try and hoping it will turn out good the first time. And thats razy you had to stay at the hospital!! I hope it goes way better this time!

I dont know about the rest of u ladies,
But the closer the starting dates get the
More impatient and anxious I am to get
Started. I'm more desperate now than
Ever! Maybe because it feels like it's
Within reach now I dunno. Plz god BFP's
All around x

I sooo understand! And I dont even have ER til Nov 7, so curious when I will start shots. Im just soooooooooooo ready! I want it to be my tww already :)

I dont know about the rest of u ladies,
But the closer the starting dates get the
More impatient and anxious I am to get
Started. I'm more desperate now than
Ever! Maybe because it feels like it's
Within reach now I dunno. Plz god BFP's
All around x

I sooo understand! And I dont even have ER til Nov 7, so curious when I will start shots. Im just soooooooooooo ready! I want it to be my tww already :)

It's good to know I'm not completely crazy in feeling this way, or if I am at least I'm not alone haha! I have been googling non stop, very bad habit, but I can't help myself I need to feel like I'm doing something. I'm even looking forward to the assignments from school to start rolling in just to keep my mind busy xx baby dust to all x

Welcome JDH! Sorry about your loss; it is so hard.

tcmc - It is certainly normal to feel anxious. Once you start doing injections, time goes so quickly; the 2WW is MUCH harder in my opinion since you are not doing injections, not have any doctor appts, basically just waiting to see if it worked or not. I found that harder since you analyze everything and google it :)

thanks, these forums really are a godsend for ladies like us, just talking to someone else who understands is so comforting.

Here's hoping to lots of BFP's and super stick beans on this thread xx

Eep! I'm so nervous with this being my first (and hopefully only) IVF...I just picked up all my needles and drugs and my head is spinning from all the drugs!!

What drugs are you guys taking? I've never done this before and I feel like....holy cow! Lots and lots of drugs! lol

-Menopur
-estradiol
-HCG
-Doxycycline
-leuprolide
-midazolam
-ondansetron
-fentanyl
-Cefazolin (anti biotic?)

and 2 more that are coming in tomorrow. eep...I'm getting scared. :wacko:

Ash - I remember when my first order was shipped to me; I was like REALLY? I have to take all this? But once you get started, the doctor/nurse should give you a sheet telling you what to take and when. There are a lot, but everything is needed. Based on your list, it looks like you still need either follistum or something similiar and are they sending you progestrone suppositories?

Ash - I remember when my first order was shipped to me; I was like REALLY? I have to take all this? But once you get started, the doctor/nurse should give you a sheet telling you what to take and when. There are a lot, but everything is needed. Based on your list, it looks like you still need either follistum or something similiar and are they sending you progestrone suppositories?

Yes. I am picking up 2 more drugs - progesterone and one other drug (I think a follistum). I feel like I'm becoming a human pin cushion! lol

Thank you for reassuring me. I'm a bit scared of all this!

Ash - You will be a pro at this after you start! I can tell you how my cycle went with the luteal lupron protocol; it seems that is what you will be doing. I am doing this protocol again since I got a better response from it then my second cycle. So I have to wait till I get AF (should be Oct. 1), then 21 days later (est. Oct 22) go in for a scan/bloodwork and start with lupron injections. Then call them back when AF starts again; with my first cycle of this AF came I believe 7 days after I started the injections, but this time they are adding in birth control so they can control when my period starts; they want stimming to start around Nov 7. Then continue with lupron, decreasing your dosage and on day 3 of your AF they will do a baseline scan. Then start your follistum and menopur injections. During that time take prenatal vitamin and any other meds they want you too. On day 4 of stimming, start your doxy antibiotic and DH starts his antibiotic. The HCG will be used 36 hours before your retrieval; this is your trigger shot. You will start the progestrone after your retrieval. I cannot remember when I started the estradiol but somewhere in there you start that.

Your RE will walk you through every step! :) I would just make sure you have all your meds you need and put them somewhere out of the way till you need them. Otherwise it does become very overwhelming.

One great thing about IVF - your TWW is actually a few days less depending on your transfer date. So that's something to look forward to!!:happydance:

Ash- yes I am on a lot of meds too and why you taking the fentanyl? Im guessing thats what you will be taking the day of ER?

Michele- My doc has me on the "long protocol" whatever that is. How is everything with you

ALL the "sweets" how is evrything going with you ladies as well?

Hockey- welcome to the thread! I recgonize you from some other threads I use to do before IVF. I see that you have been doing IVF as well. Where are you at in your cycle?

AFM- information overload! Had class today and met with the doctor as well. I am on a long protocol with lupron, aspirin, follistim, dethamexasone, metformin, doxycyline, repronex!!! I was also pleased to hear they are going to do ICSI as well even though DH sperm count is good. Gives us a better chance they say. I start BCP on Oct 7th stop taking them Oct 18 then the fun begins :) I also foind out they will be sedating me during ER which is good and I will be getting an update on my eggs each day by the DR watching them. I am excited but still a little nervous. I am hoping this is a good protocol. For you ladies out there that have done IVF does this sound like a good plan?

BABYDUST!

Yep - getting ready for my 3rd IVF cycle. While #2 was a success, it ended in a miscarriage so right now I'm still waiting for the hormone to be completely out of my system. My FS won't start thinking about the next cycle until I get the all clear. Right now I'm down to an HCG level of 9 - so can't be much longer.

My estimation is mid to late November.

Would be wonderful if we can see a high number of BFP for the holidays!!!

:dance::wohoo::yipee:

Ash - That is what I am going to be on, the long protocol! And that one is what got me a BFP; unfortunately it ended in a MC, but they found out after that I have MTHFR which is a blood clotting problem, so they have added lovenox injections and metanx to help with it.

Hi hockey :hi: I am again sorry for your loss, but glad to see you have a plan to start again :) It would be AMAZING for us to all get a BFP for the holidays; I cannot think of a better gift for all of us :)

Yep - getting ready for my 3rd IVF cycle. While #2 was a success, it ended in a miscarriage so right now I'm still waiting for the hormone to be completely out of my system. My FS won't start thinking about the next cycle until I get the all clear. Right now I'm down to an HCG level of 9 - so can't be much longer.

My estimation is mid to late November.

Would be wonderful if we can see a high number of BFP for the holidays!!!

:dance::wohoo::yipee:

Sooooo sorry for the MC. I as well hope we ALL get a BFP! Also protocol were you on? Have you had the same for each IVF cycles?

michelle- How are you?? Probably as eager as I am to get this started! Also whats the other protocol besides the "long" protocol? The doctor said I was on the "long" one, glad that is the one that worked for you. Also you get an extra shot with the lovenox shots, you will be a shot pro!

well AF arrived today so started BCP:happydance::happydance: never thought i would see the day where i would :happydance: over that!! next step injection training, quizzing my FS and hopefully a nice BFP in time for christmas!!:happydance:

i know im getting WAAAYY ahead of myself but things are at least moving in the right direction now at last after 5 years babydust to all you lovely ladies :hugs:

TCMC - so glad AF showed up! Strange to get excited about starting BCP. Seems so wrong but it marks the beginning of the journey! Very exciting!

AFM - my protocol has been different each time mostly because I switched FS after the 1st cycle. This 3rd one will most likely be similar to the last but we are going to add a human growth hormone to the mix. I don't know alot about it but studies show that women who take it have less miscarriages. Figure - its worth a shot!!

Sweetness - your plan sounds fantastic! Oct. 7th is so close and then time will fly by. Glad they are knocking you out for ER - I didn't know there was any other way! Its a great little nap for sure!

Hey Ladies, I am wondering if I can join. I will be starting my down-reg for my November IVF next week. I am on the long lupron protocol w/out BCP. Im very nervous about this cycle, but also more optimistic.

Sweetness - I am doing good today :) My second cycle they did not use lupron instead on day 7 of stimming I started cetrotide to stop me from ovulating. I also used bc my second cycle and not my first and they increased my follistum dosage, but I had a poorer response the second cycle. So since my first cycle did result in better eggs and initially a pregnancy, they are going back to that protocol, but increasing my follistum dosage even more; I will be taking 525 iu. And yep, an extra injection with the lovenox. I am so used to them now, it is no big deal. I will probably do a follistum injection in the morning as well as the evening; they break them up into 2 shots since I am on a high dosage.

tcmc - YAY for AF :) Probably will be the only time you will be happy to see her ;)

Hi One :)

hockey - I asked about the human growth hormone, but he said I didn't need it! I hope that it works for you and that is exactly what you need ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->