IVF October/November ???

I’m sorry Amy. Hoping you just have a late implanter. Keeping everything crossed for you!

Ugh Amy no!!! What happened yesterday? Im so sorry for your loss if it wasnt the good news we were hoping for. Will they do more tests to figure out what the heck is going on?? I'm frustrated and sad for you.

MrsH wow! That is incredibly exciting <3 You got the two-for-one deal as my husband calls it!! How are you feeling?

Thanks Ask, I'm happy and nauseous lol I thought I'd be one of those pregnant women that didnt have the bad symptoms... my mom never had any symptoms. Guess I didnt inherit that! Your one day ahead is EXCELLENT. Great news. Can I ask what your heartbeats have been? We had a heartbeat of 120 at 7 weeks. Hoping it goes up at this week's scan just because I'd like to be in the middle percentile and not on the low end.

Thanks, Emily. The second beta was exactly the same 18. The doctor says that indicates a problem with the pregnancy, and he wants to check again until it goes down. So I get to keep going back for blood work every few days. He said there's nearly no chance it would turn out well, but he'd rather me keep going with my pio just in case... But I just don't have the strength. I need to at least start feeling like myself again, if I'm not going to come away from this with a baby. Did I mention I have the flu too? It's not a good week for me.

He's not recommending any more testing right now. He says it's most likely a matter of embryo quality and we just have to find the right one. I think I'll push to repeat my blood work in case any immune-type stuff comes up, but I don't have it in me to do anything more invasive. It would be different if this were my first, but I do have my beautiful son and I can't put myself through too much more if I also want to be a good (sane) mother in the meantime.

So, next step I think will be another try this summer, and we are leaning toward transferring two. MrsH, if you want to talk me out of transferring two, you have until the summer to do so. :)

Oh Amy :( I don't even know what to say :hugs: Hang in there hun!

I&#8217;m so sorry, Amy. That just sucks. :( And to have the flu on top of it all - ugh! Hoping you are feeling better soon. I lean towards agreeing with your doctor. At age 34/35 we had 16 embryos put through PGS and had 5 normal / 11 abnormal. That&#8217;s a bit on the high end for my age but the geneticist said it was still within a range they would expect to see. I had 3 chemicals before doing IVF and it seems my doctor&#8217;s assumption was right - embryo quality. I know the thought of transferring two is scary, but I agree that it may speed things up. I hope you don&#8217;t have to keep going through this! :hugs:

Emily - heartbeat was 119 at 7 weeks and I was kinda worried...then at 9 weeks it was 180! I&#8217;m sure yours will have jumped up there too!

Oh Amy thats terrible! And the flu! I'm so so sorry. And you're right, limbo is just the worst. At least if it were dropping you could mentally heal. I'm so glad you have your son to brighten your days a bit. It does seem that if quality is the issue, transferring two would double your chances? And you do know it works because you have your son. Hang in there! We are with you!

Ask thanks 119 makes me feel SOO much better! :)

Thank you ladies for your support and reassurance that we are on the right track. It helps more than you know. Or maybe you do know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->