Ivf pregnant after 2 losses. Scared

Kep89

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I guess I am just needing reassurance/ someone to talk to as I have had a rather hard year and am terrified.

After going through ivf in May and getting my first bfp after 2 and a half years trying was like a dream come true. Unfortunately that ended in a mmc needing a d&c in June.

We waited for a bit and did our first FET in August which once again gave me a bfp. Which ended with mc just before 5 weeks.

I am now 5 weeks 2 days pregnant again. I have had good hcg readings my clinic said 230 10dp5dt then 1800 14dp5dt. I have had no pregnancy symptoms and today when I went to the bathroom I had brown discharge. Not a lot but I am freaking out.

Anyone help?

I can't really help but didn't want to read and run. I'm ten weeks today after 3 miscarriages - it is so hard and I didn't even have the trauma of IVF. A bit of brown discharge or even spotting doesn't mean anything and reassuring HCG is a good sign. I will keep everything crossed for you.

I know that I can't compare, but I also had MC this June, and am 8 weeks pregnant now. During weeks 5-6 was spotting for about 10 days! Then it just stopped. Easier said then done, but please try not to worry, stress can be as harmful as any other physical condition. Sending you baby dust and keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I also have an ivf baby after two losses, and I had brown discharge the first 8 weeks with him. I also had two heavy red bleeding episodes, where I bled through my jeans. It was complete torture, and I felt like I was losing him every day for those first 8 weeks. He just turned 2! I am about to give birth to my second baby, conceived naturally and I had brown spotting for a week with this one!

I have no experience to compare other than an early MC but I know the terror. I had spotting with my DS and have a lively 5 year old now!! Hang in there xoxox

Hi :)

During my 5-6 weeks I spotted brown for 8 days. It stopped at 6+2 and hasn't been back - saw a strong heartbeat at 7+3 and am now over 8 weeks. Doc said it could be a sensitive cervix - or that at that time it's common for further implantation. She was totally unconcerned, and said not to worry about brown spotting.

I'm sure everything will be fine!

It never gets easier. Unfortunately, once you have experienced a loss, pregnancy is never the same. I had a mc with my first ever pregnancy. I went on to have 2 healthy pregnancies (and babies) afterwards, and have just found out that I'm expecting #3. I am still terrified.

I have no wise words. Just know that I (and many others) understand how hard this time is. Sending you so much love + luck :flower:

Thank you for all your replies you have helped me settle myself a little. It has been a hard journey and this year has been especially difficult with the whole ivf process- not just the emotional difficulties but the meds and the very high financial cost too.
I am hoping that this will be my wee little miracle and I am hoping it is meant to be as it is due the exact day we lost our first.
Thankfully the spotting stopped after about 10 hours. I have another blood test on Wednesday to check hcg again so keeping my fingers toes and everything possible crossed.
Congratulations on all your pregnancies and beautiful babies. ����

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"