IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ladies! How is everyone today? I wonder what the process is on starting IVF when you move from IUI. Does anyone know? I know how IVF works, but I am unsure of the process. I know my RE does ICSI and a day 5 transfer?

I don't think I will have to do any additional testing before hand. I just had all my testing done in October when we first went to the clinic. I think that they just want to meet and explain the whole process. I will let you all know more after my appointment. Hopefully it will be soon! I think my nurse may be off for the holiday which I forgot about since I"m stuck at work, so hopefully she will get back to me tomorrow.

Jchic when we first started trying we were going to do IVF first but things changed so we went with IUI. I did a lot of testing before we started anything. I'm not sure if the testing is normally done with IUI or not. The ones I can think of were blood types, FSH, CD3, and STD's. I think either way that want you to have a new consult just to talk about IVF and let you know the steps you will have to take.

Blue I forgot it was a holiday as well. I'm sure she will call you back tomorrow. I look forward to hearing how your appointment goes. :thumbup: Sorry you are stuck at work.

Gotcha! Yes, my Re did tests for STDs, FSH, CD3, CD21, lining check, HSG, etc.

Yeah if you had all of that testing already I think you would be good to start. They tested us for EVERYTHING. I almost passed out when I had my initial bloodwork done b\c I was doing day 3, intial testing and pre op blood work for my lap all on the same day. It was about 15 tubes of blood. I had to stop twice b\c I almost lost it! I think they were crazy for doing that much at one time!

I know! I hate bloodwork! My RE makes me go every week for blood and honestly, my arms bruise easily so I look weird for a few days, its so gross, LOL.

Oh yes I forgot about the wonderful HSG test. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My nerves sure did get the best of me that day though. As much as I hate needles I can't wait to get started with the whole process. In the end it will all be so worth it!

I agree, I cant wait to get moving! I hate needles too, but we have to keep telling ourselves there is a baby at the end of all those pricks and pinches!! Is your RE now going to do your IVF Mrs?

No I can honestly say I hate the clinic I was going to. They didn't listen to a thing I said and they didn't help me in anyway. I feel they were only after the money and trying to get every dime out of me that they could. I was very frustrated with them and so was my hubby. We both agreed that we would not go back there no matter what. Right now we are looking at a new clinic either here in Oregon or one in Georgia. We have a consult on the 8th for the clinic here, thats right before hubby leaves again though. We are looking at one in Georgia because hubby has been there before and he really liked the way they worked and how they treat their patients. It would mean traveling of course but he has family there so it would be like a mini vacation as well. I just have to decide on what I way to do because he is leaving it up to me. Are you planning on sticking with the same clinic?

Mrs. - Ugh, how awful that they didnt listen to you. I hate that! Glad to see you are choosing a great clinic to support you and LISTEN to you during this journey! Hmmm, do you feel more comfortable at the one closer to home? Was this clinic recommended?

Yes, I am going to stick with my RE. I like him alot except that he gets my blood drawn once a week which is annoying, but I would rather more than less I guess.

I haven't been to either of them yet. I will have to update that when I get home from that appointment though. I haven't been to the one in Georgia either. Hubby had IVF done in a previous marriage and thats where they went. It doesn't bother me at all. I know he was worried that it might. I want him to have a part in this as well and help me decide on where to go. We just have to figure it out. Either way though we are going to have to come up with about $16-18,000.

I'm glad you like your RE. That is the best thing, you need to feel comfortable with them and feel like they are doing what is best for you. That is a lot of blood but I agree with you. More blood done is better than none at all.

jchic I know what you mean about the bruising. One day during my IUI cycle both of my veins were so brusied in each arm. I had a short sleeve shirt on at work and my co worker asked me if I was sick or something. I think maybe she thinks I'm a drug addict now!

Blue - thats exactly how I feel, ha! Sometimes I want to be like "nope, dont do drugs, but I am going through fertility treatments, hence the beat up arms!"

The things we go through, right?

Mrs - I think whichever place you decide to go with is going to give you fantastic attention. The hardest part is feeling comfortable with them and it seems like you are getting that straightened right out :) When is your first appt?

Our first appointment is set for March 8th. It was suppose to be a new patient consult for IUI but we are switching it to IVF. They are aware of this and they said they will have all the info ready for us. Due to hubby being in Afghanistan we will hold off on starting until July or August. That gives us time to get everything ready. You may have already said this but does your clinic know you are moving to IVF? When will you be talking to them about it and starting tests?

Just made appointment for our IVF consult on 3/9/12. I can't wait to get the details so that we can have a plan! I always feel better when I know I have something to look forward to

Blue - Nice! That is literally almost here!

Blue that is exciting! Also the day after my appointment. I always worry that I will forget the questions I want to ask. :dohh:

Thanks!

Mrs C I always forget questions. I will have to write them all down. I hate at the end of an appointment and they ask "do u have any questions" I just draw a blank everytime

I do that too! Write them all down and I still forget, sometimes it feels so rushed!

Hey ladies just checking in and seeing how you all are doing. Also what kind of questions do you have written down so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"