IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Hi Girls!

Just to let you know I went to the hospital yesterday to be tested for ohss and results came back positive, moderate on borderline to severe :-(

But on a plus plus point I'm pregnant!!! She made me do a urine sample, I thought it was another test for ohss and she said let's do a pregnancy test while your here!!!! Shock horror I wasn't ready as hubbie was in London!

Bless the nurse I couldn't stop crying I really honestly didn't think I could be this lucky!

Had to go back and do bloods again this morning and now told I have to wear attractive hospital stockings and drink and drink and drink and rest lol!

Hope everyone is ok! Xxx

Well that is fantastic news! I have heard that OHSS can get worse if you end up pregnant. So that is probably why they did the test, well and also to make sure they didn't give you any medicine that might be bad if you were pregnant. Hang in there! Drink plenty of gatorade/pedialyte and eat lots of protein (shakes, chicken, etc). What OHSS is, is the leaking of your cells. Normally they are nice and hydrated and happy. With OHSS the fluid leaks out of the cells and then fills up places it shouldn't be, like your abdomen, or your ankles, etc. So even though you are very bloated the fluid is no longer where it should be! This is why you need to drink lots of fluids, to get your cells hydrated again. The protein helps the cell walls thicken and get back to normal so they can hold the fluid inside the cells. Be well, and :happydance: on being pregnant! :yipee:

Congrats Saus.. sorry about the ohss... that's mega uncomfortable. drink tons of fluids! xoxoxo congrats again! xoxo

Fantastic news Saus (except for the OHSS!) Take lots of care of yourself.

anyone else still to test?

I have a couple of updates on me:

Ok first, I got results for my 3rd blood test(on day 18)today. It cameback with a Beta HCG of 3,120! :happydance: So, I went to the Dr. Office and did an ultrasound. We were able to see an embryo. I am so happy right now. I can't even explain it in words because wanting this to happen for 8yrs is a long time. I'm glowing so much right now!

Second, I got a call from my manager at work making me an offer. She will let me work cashier only(sitting down) for my whole shift. So no standing in the check-in counter and no having to ask people to pick up the luggage because I can't. All I would be doing is checking out luggage/ticket upgrade fees. Also I can wrk the afternoon shift so I would be working from noon to 8pm and not have to wake up at 3am for the morning shift. Also, not working the morning shift I wouldn't have to deal with those bad apples I was talking about earlier. Even said I can pick my days off. I told them I would go back but didn't promise if it will be for a week or a month, or whatever. I want to try it out and see. If I feel like it's not going to work then we'll go back to plan A(leave work). Another factor in me returning to try is that if I wait to leave in December instead of now is that I would get the end of year bonus which would help us. I am going to do what's best for our baby though so if I feel it may affect my pregnancy after I return I won't hesitate one second to leave again.

Thanks girlies, I still can't believe it! However, ohss is really uncomfortable but hey ho still drinking away!

Hope all your girlies are ok and thanks for the support!
xxx

Ding Dong the :witch: is here, which old witch the wicked witch. Ding Dong the wicked witch :witch: is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

As you can probly tell she has eventually arrived! Only a week late not bad. I did phone my clinic and there are all really lovely and considerate and listened to my rant! I tried to change my appt but they are completely booked up til Dec, so can not change but they put my mind at rest as they said even if i came in earlier nothing would happen til beginning of dec with meds etc with it being a FET cycle. They have said when i come in on 26th they need me and DH to be there so we can sign consent forms etc to move on to FET. So little happier.

Hope everyone is doing well as thread has been a little quiet.

Sorry OHSS is uncomfortable at the mo Saus but it will all be worth it :hugs: xx

Ding Dong the :witch: is here, which old witch the wicked witch. Ding Dong the wicked witch :witch: is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

As you can probly tell she has eventually arrived! Only a week late not bad. I did phone my clinic and there are all really lovely and considerate and listened to my rant! I tried to change my appt but they are completely booked up til Dec, so can not change but they put my mind at rest as they said even if i came in earlier nothing would happen til beginning of dec with meds etc with it being a FET cycle. They have said when i come in on 26th they need me and DH to be there so we can sign consent forms etc to move on to FET. So little happier.

Hope everyone is doing well as thread has been a little quiet.

Sorry OHSS is uncomfortable at the mo Saus but it will all be worth it :hugs: xx

For those of you that want to be on another thread for IVF's in Nov/Dec I have joined this thread:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/1179015-ivf-oct-nov-dec.html

Ali

Hi Sandy that's amazing news, so glad that wicked witch arrived for you, especially in time for your appt. I think the FET will be so much less stressful, plus much quicker, I'm pretty sure you're going to have some amazing news in the New Year! Don't forget to post back on this thread and let us know how you get on. I have a really good feeling for you xxx

Thanks Athena!

Keeping my Fx'd crossed that it will be good news in 2013!

How you getting on cant believe its nearly 10 weeks already xx

I know time has gone so fast, I'm counting down the weeks to 12 then I might relax a bit, apart from the tiredness I feel really well.

I know things will go just as fast for you, you'll be pregnant before you know it and Xmas is a good distraction. Have you worked out when you poss may have transfer? How many frosties did you have hun, will they transfer more than one? Not long til your appt now xxx

So excited for you, Sandy and Alicatt!!! Hope this cycle brings you both your :bfp:!!! How are you other girls doing?

Athena, glad you are feeling okay too! I think my queasy feelings have subsided (knock on wood) and now I'm just tired, peeing a lot and sore boobs! I'm craving carbs like crazy and wish I was craving healthier food (but still love fruit and vegetables when I get them - no aversions to anything at all yet - but I find myself wanting pizza, pasta and bread a lot, probably because my RE didn't want me having much at all for the six months before I became pregnant, which was tough, being DH and I are Italian-American).

I know time has gone so fast, I'm counting down the weeks to 12 then I might relax a bit, apart from the tiredness I feel really well.

I know things will go just as fast for you, you'll be pregnant before you know it and Xmas is a good distraction. Have you worked out when you poss may have transfer? How many frosties did you have hun, will they transfer more than one? Not long til your appt now xxx

Not sure on when ET will be as it shoud be round xmas time but i know the lad close between xmas and new year but clinic is still open for appt so think i could be the new year but hoping they might be able to squeeze me in before hand Fx'd. I have 2 - 6 day blastocyst frozen and hoping they will transfer the 2 but will find out at the appt. xx

Not sure on when ET will be as it shoud be round xmas time but i know the lad close between xmas and new year but clinic is still open for appt so think i could be the new year but hoping they might be able to squeeze me in before hand Fx'd. I have 2 - 6 day blastocyst frozen and hoping they will transfer the 2 but will find out at the appt. xx

6 day blasts are brilliant. I know my clinic would have transferred the two as fet included in one whole cycle and I don't think you could leave left over embies if I remember rightly.

I hope it all gets sorted out for you quick again, at least it will be something exciting after the disappointment of the fresh cycle. I have heard loads of people getting pregnant through fet, especially with those 6 day blasts that is amazing. Keep us updated lovely xxx

So excited for you, Sandy and Alicatt!!! Hope this cycle brings you both your :bfp:!!! How are you other girls doing?

Athena, glad you are feeling okay too! I think my queasy feelings have subsided (knock on wood) and now I'm just tired, peeing a lot and sore boobs! I'm craving carbs like crazy and wish I was craving healthier food (but still love fruit and vegetables when I get them - no aversions to anything at all yet - but I find myself wanting pizza, pasta and bread a lot, probably because my RE didn't want me having much at all for the six months before I became pregnant, which was tough, being DH and I are Italian-American).

Hi Signora, yes my sicky feelings have gone I think, they lasted from about 6 weeks to 81/2 weeks where I was physically sick so really not too bad. My worse symptom has definitely been the extreme tirdness which I have found really hard, not that I'm comlaining I just find it hard to motivate myself to do any work etc and am hoping I feel more energetic in a couple of weeks as I have fallen behind.

I've had a couple of food fancies not sure I'd call them cravings at this stage? Mine have been for Lemons, oranges and grapefruits. Also had a thing for cheese which is not such a good one so have to just have a little. I'm still quite bloated from the mild ohss and can't wait for it to turn into a bump!

Glad you're well xx

6 day blasts are brilliant. I know my clinic would have transferred the two as fet included in one whole cycle and I don't think you could leave left over embies if I remember rightly.

I hope it all gets sorted out for you quick again, at least it will be something exciting after the disappointment of the fresh cycle. I have heard loads of people getting pregnant through fet, especially with those 6 day blasts that is amazing. Keep us updated lovely xxx

Thanks will definitely keep you updated, ill have more news after 26th, which should be around your 12 week scan so hopefully see some updates from you as well. :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->