Jacob Aaron Oliver Roberts - 23.10.08

Becky

Jacobs Mummy
Reaction score
Wednesday 22nd October

I had wednesday off work to get my hair done and have a midwife appointment (that never happened) after a little lie in, I had a shower and was sat on the edge on the bed getting dressed. All of a sudden I felt a shooting pain down below and it felt as if I had wet myself. At first I wasnt sure what was happening it was the least thing I was expecting to have my waters breaking at 36 weeks. I finally got myself together figured out what was going on and called labour ward.

We went into hospital about half 10 where I was monitored on the machine for about half and hour then advised to go home as I had no other labour signs but told if nothing had happened by thursday morning to go back to be induced.

2pm wednesday I started feeling little twinges, I knew it was the start of something so went to fill the car up with petrol and buy cat and fish food (all the normal things you do when in labour) then we had a lovely chinese I thought i had better enjoy being pregnant while it lasted

at 10pm the contractions were getting alot worse and by 11.30 they were 10 minutes apart, Luke and my mum started panicing so off to labour ward we went only to hear that I was only 2cm dilated. I had the choice then to stay in or go back home and although I was in pain I knew I would cope better at home in familuar surroundings so off home we went.

Thursday 23rd October

Once we got home I tried to get some sleep but I just couldnt, I had a bath and spent most of the early hours in there which seemed to really help with the pain until about 4am when I just couldnt take it anymore. My contractions were 5 minutes apart and seemed to be lasting forever. We went back off to labour ward.

I was examined and told I was 5cm my thought at this time was it was still going to take forever. I was offered the gas and air and took that but it wasnt enough so the midwife also offered me pethadine, I had this and half 5 by which time I was as high as kite on the gas and air aswell (I wont go into details of what I was saying but it was kinda embarressing)

The next hour seemed to fly by and I was told that she could his head, It took about 6 pushes and I was almost ready to give up but at 6:30am our gorgeous little boy arrived, weighing 6lb40z.

We finally got to go home on 25.10.08 after Jacob had a course of antibiotics, due to my waters breaking and having blood cultures grown and tested for him.

https://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x101/B3XEB/317.jpg

Awww wow.Congratulations hun xxx

Congratulations hon x x

Congrats hun-he's beautiful! xx

Congratulations!!
beautiful pic!! xx

Congratulations!! What a sweetie and he certainly took you by surprise x

CONGRATULATIONS HUN He is gorgeous xx Well done

Wow he is gorgous...If I could choose my birth I would want yours!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->