jahovas witnesses knocking on peoples doors

I do completely respect their religion, I completely respect any one's religion. Of course I wouldn't go out telling people that god doesn't exist! 1 for my own safety! But also it would be complete disrespect for those who have beliefs. I also would never be rude to anyone that comes round to my house the tell me their views, but I do however still feel that it is rude of them to come to my house to do this..... I feel the same way about cold callers in general. It should not be allowed!..... I understand where you're coming from in that it is part of their belief to help or save people, but I don't understand why they can't do that in a less invasive way such as by arranging meetings in local communities where people can CHOOSE to go if they wish?

I don't feel like I should have to put anything on my door as I don't feel like the should be knocking on there in the 1st place!.... Also, I live on a footpath so we have the door open a lot and my son playing outside so a sign doesn't always work.

I've also noticed that you are getting thanks from people and I am not so I guess I am in the minority. So I'm fed up of defending my view on it now. I'm out x

No I do understand what you're saying. Ironically, charity at my door I'm less understanding of :haha:

I can't understand why they have to knock and don't just arrange something for people to attend to if they wish like Toms mummy said. I am always polite but I don't see why they want to try and "convert me" when I do so many things they don't like for example I've had a blood transfusion yet they don't believe in them :flower:

I must have a very authoritative tone because nobody ever argues with me when I say, "Thank you but NO."

I'm not sure that I buy the theory that you have to be polite to them because they're trying to save your soul. They can accost me at the mall, or on the street or whatever, fine, but my house is my castle and I didn't ask them to interrupt my day and invade my private space.

We're moving to a house with a long driveway, and I'm thinking about putting a sign on the front door that says, "Sorry about the hike, but no religious callers, sales or charity collectors, thanks." :haha:

I'm not polite because they are trying to "save my soul"
I'm just too nice :haha: x

I can't understand why they have to knock and don't just arrange something for people to attend to if they wish like Toms mummy said. I am always polite but I don't see why they want to try and "convert me" when I do so many things they don't like for example I've had a blood transfusion yet they don't believe in them :flower:

It doesn't matter what choices you make that aren't in line with their beliefs, they're not there to judge you for that in the slightest, and it would be against their beliefs tp do so. They follow the bible in every aspect of their lives which includes the command from Jesus to preach what the bible says and promises to everyone they can, and the most efficient way to do that is door to door. Their aim is.to teach, not to judge the people they meet :) In the bible it shows the Jesus wasn't partial to anyone he came across or met and they try to follow that example.

They keep calling because sometimes circumstances change, life happens, and surprisingly there are still people who have never even heard of Jehovah's Witnesses, so there's always a chance someone may want to listen to what they have to say. Their purpose isn"t to convert but to teach what they know, and you can do what you like with the info yiu recieve :) as mentioned tho, if yiu dont want them to call then you can get signs for your door, or just tell them to make a note of your house number not to call again.

It's purely out of wanting to help and benefit people that they call tho, and not because they love having doors slammed in their faces :lol: i'm sure if you believed you had life & world saving news you would want to tell people about it :haha::flower:

xo

I've never had any knock on my door, slightly disappointed about that, would love to chat about their religion. All I ever get is beggers but I just pretend I don't speak Finnish so they go away.
I did get stopped in the street once by a preacher but he was nice and we had a little chat and I ended up going to his church a few times and make a good friend there :)
I once got a note through the door from the local church inviting me to go to the Christmas service - the note came with a 50 euro gift card though so that was pretty nice!!

Fortunately none come to the flat I'm in now. They did at my last flat and I used to tell them I was too busy to chat or if I heard them knocking at my neighbours door I just wouldn't answer. I don't like cold callers of any decription.

It annoys me because in my area they can be quite forceful.

My sister had to have a blood transfusion and it saved her life on numerous occassions, and JW dont belueve in blood transfusions and tell me so. My reply to them was 'If your child needed a blood transfusion to survive, your trying to tell me you wouldnt give in?' 9/10 they dont no how to answer me

My sister lives next door to an old guy who is a JW. Apparently her landlord had a few issues with him and his last tenant who was in a wheelchair..... He told her that she must have done something bad in a past life to have ended up in a wheelchair now!... :nope:

My sister lives next door to an old guy who is a JW. Apparently her landlord had a few issues with him and his last tenant who was in a wheelchair..... He told her that she must have done something bad in a past life to have ended up in a wheelchair now!... :nope:

I would say that was down to him and not his JW beliefs because Christians don't believe in past lives or that we are reincarnated, so that guy was just a nasty bugger!

I would say that was down to him and not his JW beliefs because Christians don't believe in past lives or that we are reincarnated, so that guy was just a nasty bugger!

Yeah I was surprised when she told me!.... His relatives are lovely but it does sound like he's not very nice!

Yeah I was surprised when she told me!.... His relatives are lovely but it does sound like he's not very nice!

I probably would have swung for him lol, or asked him what he had done in a previous life to turn him to being such a miserable and bitter human being ;)

I probably would have swung for him lol, or asked him what he had done in a previous life to turn him to being such a miserable and bitter human being ;)

She actually moved out because of him :(

No other religion goes round knocking on doors telling people about it,everyone should make their own choice.

I can't get my head around watching your child die rather than letting them have a blood transfusion,to me surely instinct as a parent goes over religion?

I worked with a lady who followed that religion,she told me I lost my baby because I wasn't married :cry:

As Blueskai and others have mentioned, its not to annoy people or judge them or make them feel bad, its purely our of "love for neighbour" as Jesus instructed christians to do so.

Its volunteer work so personal time is given up to make an effort to meet their neighbours, get out in their communities and give people a real hope for the future. We believe we are doing the right thing and have real comfort and hope to share with others.

As previously stated it is a command from Jesus and he and his disciples and other first century christians did just that, yes even from door to door.

As people are home less and less now we also do other forms of witnessing such as public witnessing, business, and even by telephone so its not just door to door.

If you say you are not interested we we still return as we may have literature on a subject that particularly interests you or can help you the next time.

Its all free too unless someone willingly wants to make a donation which goes towards furthering the worldwide preaching work.

Anyway, any genuine Qs im happy to answer :)

I worked with a lady who followed that religion,she told me I lost my baby because I wasn't married :cry:

Thats the person, not the faith. What an awful thing to say and completely untrue and not what we believe at all. x

ETA - Sorry you lost your bubba :( xox

As Blueskai and others have mentioned, its not to annoy people or judge them or make them feel bad, its purely our of "love for neighbour" as Jesus instructed christians to do so.

Its volunteer work so personal time is given up to make an effort to meet their neighbours, get out in their communities and give people a real hope for the future. We believe we are doing the right thing and have real comfort and hope to share with others.

As previously stated it is a command from Jesus and he and his disciples and other first century christians did just that, yes even from door to door.

As people are home less and less now we also do other forms of witnessing such as public witnessing, business, and even by telephone so its not just door to door.

If you say you are not interested we we still return as we may have literature on a subject that particularly interests you or can help you the next time.

Its all free too unless someone willingly wants to make a donation which goes towards furthering the worldwide preaching work.

Genuine question,if your child needed a blood transfusion,would your love for your child as a mum not make you want to do anything to save your child?xx

Genuine question,if your child needed a blood transfusion,would your love for your child as a mum not make you want to do anything to save your child?xx

Absolutely of course, theres a whole medical team dedicated to non blood treatment and in some cases its actually assisted in faster recovery etc than if a blood transfusion had been accepted.

I guess its hard to understand but we trust what the bible say that we shouldnt accept other bloodand that God can restore life and will do here on earth shortly when its restored to a paradise so thats the life we want for our children. But its certainly a situation no one ever wants to face.

Every parent has to make choices for their childs welfare, and what they believe to be right and in their best interests. Its not a matter of ah well ill just let them die.

You might find this vid and link to an old thread on the subject here very interesting

Anyway i thought this video was really interesting as a collection of news stories on the merits of bloodless surgery and how more doctors (has many doctors interviewd in the video) and hospital are not only encouraging but endorsing blood free surgery and aknowledging the associated risks that come with transfusions. It highlights one treatment which jw's have no issues with, where their own blood is not stored but rather in a continuous manner, any blood lost is captured, immediately pumped out of their body during surgery, cleaned and pumped straight back in without stopping - much more beneficial than stored blood anyway as it looses the Gas in the blood thats function is to keep blood vessels open and oxygenate the blood .eta - it also explains why bloodless surgery is one of the fastest growing fields in medicine

Its very very interesting and i encourage all to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHJfLMquC5Y

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/news-debates/1575169-blood-transfusions.html

But really its a whole other topic, so dont want to sidetrack the thread too much :)

I had one once. I told her I don't speak German and closed to door. She actually rang the bell again! Really? I wasn't that stupid to answer it though :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->