Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

I completely agree that the cruise isn't selfish. I intend to take a pre-maternity vaca. It's the last chance I'll get to have a grown-up trip for a while!

It's funny to hear talk of painting and whatnot that needs to be done before baby arrives. DH was just chewing my ear off yesterday morning about all the stuff that needs to be done to prepare the nurseery!

Thanks everyone. We have a very small window to go but we will if it all works out. From October -12/16 I'll becfonising up my degree so Dh wants to get a jump start on nursery and getting the house in order before I'm too large to care :haha:! Mil is making curtains, Dh is painting some biblical photos for me as well. It's becoming too real! This is a luck thread! I've belong to other threads and it was always so hard to leave and se so many go on to full term. I am glad it's our turn(though my heart hurts for the Angels lost that began with us). I feel guilty at times when other lose their Angels. I know that it's been me in their position and I know how much it hurts. I've been feeling that guilt a lot this week. Survivors guilt in a way.

DH is "trying" to be better, but the excitement is absolutely gone from his eyes and attitude. He's not being a jerk or anything. He'll call me cute pregnant names...but he won't talk about names or baby stuff with me. Idk how to explain it. This one was totally planned, but I feel like she was an accident or something the way he deals with or talks about her. He won't even let me put it on Facebook because he doesn't want people from his work knowing yet. But if it was a boy he had this big reveal thing planned. Now it feels like he's embarrassed almost and doesn't want anyone to know. He hasn't even told his best friends that were pregnant!! I'm making him seem bad and he's not, but I'm devastated how we went from crying over a miscarriage and doing anything to be preggo again, so happy everytime there was a heartbeat.....to now he's completely disconnected.

That's really sad Jami, I'm sorry that he's not taking it well. Is he opening up to you at all about how he is feeling? I know it's hard for guys sometimes, but has he given you anything to work with? :hugs: I wish I had something of significance to say.

Baby will room with us for quite a while so I'll be living vicariously through you ladies who are designing nurseries. :)

I'm really thankful for each and every one of our rainbows and that we've received a lot of really wonderful news.

Hi ladies! I did a quick scan through of the recent posts and am so happy to hear that you're all doing so well!

I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and we're starting to share our news to more people -- we'll be telling my MIL tonight, and SIL and nieces when they arrive for a visit on Wednesday (my mom and a few close friends already know). Going to tell my boss next week too -- hope that goes ok!

I had a great ultrasound in week 8, got to hear the heart beat in week 11, and just received my genetic screening results for the trisomies and they couldn't have been better. At 38 I was worried that this babe would have a higher risk but they were all less than 1 in 10,000 - phew!

I'm also a lot less nauseous / less food aversions these days and have been able to go back to eating a lot of the healthier foods that I used to love -- which is a good thing, since I've already gained 10 pounds!

We made the news Facebook official today! The Dr said we were out of the woods and the genetic tests were good, so we're screaming from the rooftops!

We also started buying some baby stuff the last couple of days. We just can't resist!

Hi ladies, great to read all of the positive posts and lovely that you've now gone public TTC.

Baby has been kicking me yesterday and today :cloud9:

Sorry to add bad news to the thread but I've just had a DVT confirmed in my right thigh :cry: Obviously the drive to / from Dorset for our holiday was too much for me. This is my 4th DVT. I feel like I'm on borrowed time, and feeling that I shouldn't have taken the risk of getting pregnant again when I have my two boys to think about :nope:

So sorry Jami :hugs:

Sarrencia glad you are doing well and feeling better!

Ttc congrats on announcing! We announced last Friday at 15 weeks after getting all screenings back and good news from doc. We also started picking up a thing or two at 13 weeks just out of excitement.

Oh everything I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I have never had to experience it personally but I have taken care of people who have and I know how scary it can be. Yet I'm very proud o see you continuing to live to the fullest despite of it. You are brave, strong, and a great mom. I hope it resolved quickly,

O no everything I'm so sorry! Hope all gets sorted soon!

TTC congrats on announcing baby, I'm still debating whether to put it up or not, I havent even told the kids yet!
Sarrencia so glad all is well with you!

Jami- I'm sure your other half will be over the moon once your princess is here! My partner always says he wants a boy but I know once he/she is here he won't be bothered!

I've stopped feeling sicky now but I'm still so tired and have no appetite! Pretty sure I felt a flutter but could of been wind!
Cant wait to be getting proper kicks 😀

Thanks ladies. I've got over my pity party now and realise it could've been worse. It is small because I recognised the symptoms and got checked early. It hasn't fully blocked the blood flow and is not in a main vein, so lots of positives. Most importantly, the drugs I'm on won't enter the placenta so no harm to my babba, and the clot should already be stable so good chance it won't move.

Jami, I'm so sorry your OH isn't sharing your excitement. I don't really have any advice other than to hang in there and he will most likely be smitten once she is born xx

Thank you guys for the support. I'm sure he'll come around. I'm just thankful my baby is healthy. Who cares what he or anyone thinks right????

I too have felt some popping. Super ready for a hard belly and some hard kicks though. Any week now hopefully!!!

So just tried using my Doppler for 10 mins! Couldn't find the heartbeat! I'm trying not to panic and I'm sure it's just because baby keeps moving like he/she does when I'm being scanned!! Going to try again before bed!

So just tried using my Doppler for 10 mins! Couldn't find the heartbeat! I'm trying not to panic and I'm sure it's just because baby keeps moving like he/she does when I'm being scanned!! Going to try again before bed!

I've had that happen a couple of times. I wait a good few hours to try again, and drink / eat / go to the toilet ... basically try to mix things up from when I tried last time.

Good luck Jlou, I'm sure baby is just hiding :hugs:

I tried before bed still nothing! I'm not going to panic I'm no midwife and from my scans this baby is a figit! 😂😂 midwife on Tuesday so not long x

I tried before bed still nothing! I'm not going to panic I'm no midwife and from my scans this baby is a figit! ���� midwife on Tuesday so not long x

With DS2, my midwife wouldn't even try to find heartbeat at my 16 week appointment because they often can't find them, so they go hiding even for the professionals still at this stage. I hope baby plays for you soon, little rascal x

Jami, definitely agree your baby's health is most important thing :hug:

Jlou glad you're feeling movement. So exciting! When do you think you'll tell the kids? I had a little trouble the hb on Doppler Saturday. I eventually did but I think they are turning into wiggle worms. Hoping all is well!

Jami I also think when she arrives he'll melt. It's just something about little girls that wrap their daddy around their finger.

Everything- glad you're feeling better about everything xx

I'm almost positive I felt movement yesterday. It was like a swift poke a little below my belly button, only felt it once. Hoping it picks up over the next few weeks.

It's been so long since I can't remember if my midwife listened for the hb with my other two! Pretty sure I felt the fluttering yesterday tho! Never in one spot!
Ahh Florida isn't it a lovely feeling!! Xx

Everything, I'm so sorry you've had another confirmed DVT, I'm sure all will be ok though x x

Feeling what I'm pretty certain is movement now fairly regularly, we told my children last week, my six yo daughter is so excited, every hour or so she will come and tell me that shes so excited to meet her new brother or sister, or she will ask me how long it is until next year, when I tell her she will reply that its such a long time and she wants the baby to come - praying all stays ok now, id hate to disappoint her when shes so excited
My 3yo doesn't really understand haha.

I'm really praying my MW looks for the HB at my Tuesday apt, We didn't get to hear it at the scan and I'm getting desperate! - if she doesn't il be booking an early gender scan!

So has anyone made any purchases yet? - iv started looking At a few things to buy, I won't need that much, but I stupidly binned my decent breast pump after my son and Il need a new cot... Iv made some clothes in Newburn size too, supercute little rainbow trousers - Il grab a pic later :D

So happy to hear so many people are starting to feel movement! It's so reassuring. Minevitably seems to be developing a bit of a pattern now which is nice!

DD and I are flying to New Zealand tomorrow. I'm hoping the flight goes ok, being pregnant and with a toddler!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->