Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

Just wanted to show you guys the nursery color. It's a gold/brown. I'm not a pink person just couldn't see a whole room in pink. She will have a soft pink added though. I'll update you guys as we hang curtains, her name m, frames, etc. I had my first 3 children quite young and in a not so good relationship so this is so special to me. Just to be blessed to afford to do it and even be carrying her still going on 17 weeks after losing 7 back to back. Oh shucks now I'm crying.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 6
Jlou it is. Havent felt any more but can't wait until I do!

Vankiwi- hope you have a smooth flight!

Lucy so glad the lo is excited! I would ask if they'd take a listen. Can't hurt!
I bought a changing table as we found it for $20 and it's really nice just had a scratch. My sister gave us a crib that matches perfectly. And we've picked up a few little things, moccs, cute outfits etc. what about you guys?

We're starting to shop a little - mostly just some little outfits here and there. Someone has given me a changing table (that I need to pick up), and we are going to the baby consignment store regularly to see what they've got.

I haven't felt anything today! Il be trying to wait until 20 weeks until i tell the kiddies but I'm sure they have figured it out already! I haven't bought a thing yet! Don't think i will until I'm 30 weeks 🙈

I have bought two items of clothing. I do need to get a changing mat cover, new crib sheets, and will need more clothes as the seasons are completely opposite to DD.

Florida that's looking really good :thumbup:

Vankiwi, please take care on the flight. I know I have extra risks but all pregnant women are more at risk of blood clots so stay hydrated, move your legs about and even consider wearing flight socks /lecture over!! :haha:

I haven't bought anything for this baby, but we've kept pretty much everything from our DS's so although some will need replacing, it gives us a base to work from. We won't get anything until definitely after 24 weeks. We need to buy a new car because we can't get 3 car seats in our current Focus. Again, that will be something we'll do around 30 weeks.

Everything I'm not surprised you're cautious! I started taking baby asprin on Saturday and will do that again for the flight back. I always try to move around lots (I never sleep on flights)!

I've started window shopping online for bits and pieces but won't buy anything for a little while. I'm pretty much starting from scratch as when we had my DS we were living in a one bedroom flat with no storage space so I had to get rid of most things once he had grown out of them.

I have my 16 week midwife appointment tomorrow morning, not really expecting them to do much. I was reading that some midwives don't even check for a heartbeat.

Back from mw appt :) heard babys heartbeat and felt it kick the doppler, blood pressure is staying nice and low and won't have a gtt until 28 weeks apparently! So all good here!

Going to see if I can book an early gender scan as I'm impatient ;)

Back from mw appt :) heard babys heartbeat and felt it kick the doppler, blood pressure is staying nice and low and won't have a gtt until 28 weeks apparently! So all good here!

Going to see if I can book an early gender scan as I'm impatient ;)
Great news! I got to hear my baby's heartbeat today as well. 😀
Was considering booking an early gender scan but I think I will hold out for the free NHS one which is about 5 weeks away...

I heard baby's hb today too! Blood pressure is all ok! My urine showed up leukocyts, but my midwife did seem to be to worried, said as I have thrush symptoms probably because of that! hopefully it'll clear up ASAP!
Hope your all feeling good xx

Hi all,

Sorry for replying after a loooongg time.. Just having a roller coaster ride in this pregnancy too, but will talk about that in the next reply.

Finally managed to catch up with the thread and so happy for all the gender reveals, hearing wonderful hearbeats and feeling those initial kicks.

As for our pregnancy, things were fine till 13 weeks. Our NT scan was fine, but the First trimester screening came back with very very low PAPP-A values and high risk for Trisomy-13(1:47). So, after some genetic counselling, we have planned to go for amnio and have that scheduled tomorrow.

I'm just panicking a lot because of all this.. One side we have this risk for T-13. And, post amnio, if things are fine for T-13 and risk decreases, we still have the possibility of placental issues looming still, which caused us all the problems previous time. So, I'm actually struggling to cope up with this.

But, as of now, the first step is to get the amnio done successfully, so trying my level best to just concentrate on that..

SJ - that's a lot to deal with. I hope your amino results turn out fine. I know that's only one concern, but one day at a time.

oh san jan im so sorry to hear that. what happens if the baby does have trisomy 13? I might be dense, ive heard of it, but not sure what happens. can it be treated? can baby be treated for it after birth?

Ahh Sanjan, your going through so much! I hope everything goes ok with the amino tomorrow! Try and keep your chin up lovely! Il be thinking of you xhugsx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->