january 2012 mums to be!!!!

i have been fighting with my hubby non stop lately too. he lost his job last month and has been getting on my last nerve. the hormones dont help.

i have been fighting with my hubby non stop lately too. he lost his job last month and has been getting on my last nerve. the hormones dont help.

Men under you feet dont help thats for sure! Men dont like not having jobs! Good luck with the job hunting and I know its hard but try and ignore him, we need/want stress free pregnancies!!! :)

Ladies i had a huge row with my oh this morning...i think things are ok now, but the pressure of the loss of the triplets and in his eyes our surprise bfp....things are very strained!

men are pricks at times!

Hello! Thanks for the tip Trixie.
Well, like trixie I used cbfm to help get my BFP, 3rd month TTC, was shocked how quickly I got pregnant! I'm 28 and due 31st Jan, so just nipped in.
I havent really had any symptoms, mild tummy rumbles and slightly sore bb's but still early days.
I was properly in shock for 2 days, now i'm just really excited.
We wont be finding out the sex.

Hope you are all doing well, I'm excited to be in "expecting" thread!! xx

Evening ladies,

Sorry to hear you have all been having problems with your oh's :hugs:

Hi Claire1- Congratulations hun :flower:

Trixie- :happydance: congratulations on the scan, I can't wait for mine!! Don't think I will be having one until July though.... seems ages away! Hope you are feeling ok today :hugs:

bellaxgee- Thanks hun. I wasn't too happy this morning as I got woken up early with cramps so was ina foul mood all day and kept on thinking it wasn't right and I was going to wake up soon. Needless to say I came home and had a nap and feel better now. My little pipping is now a sweetpea :yipee:

I think it is time to get out of bed anyway as I have been here since 3.30pm (Not asleep for all of it though) Hope everyone starts feeling better soon and I am here is you want to chat ladies :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Glad the scan went well Trixie.
Dont know if this sounds right but, I phoned my docs to make an app re-pregnancy, but the receptionist said I wont need to see the doc,my first app will be with the midwife when I'm 8weeks preggers...does that sound right?? I Wont be seeing anyone till then. The midwife phoned to make the app, but then couldnt cause she didnt have her rota that far ahead. All she asked is if I was feeling well, not to smoke or drink and to take folic acid...that was it!!!
I dont know what I really expected her to do though. I told her I was prob a high risk patient cause i'm over weight and thought she might want to check my blood pressure..but nothing. Very odd...humm

I am not sure how different areas work but I went to the doctors on Thursday and told them. She spoke to me about pregnancy and gaveme abrief does and dont, took my blood pressure and listened to my heart. She told me to go to reception and book in with the midwife and I got an appointment for later that day.

I came back and saw the midwife and she talked through what would happen when I on each visit. I did a urine sample to make sure their was no protein, iron or anything else in my urine, gave me my exemption certificate and filled out a form about my medical history and family history.

I do find it wierd thats all they did but I am no expert on it. Hope it help :hugs:

well i went to the doc as soon as i found out and they made an apt with the early preg clinic.....bt i think its because i lost the triplets, they wanna make sure that everything is ok. i have another scan in 10 days to check the heartbeat....or heartbeats!!!! then ill get sent to a consultant for my booking....im prob going to get consultant led care, due to my history. i hardly seen a midwife last time!

welcome claire.......congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claire - sounds typical to me. I self referred myself to the community midwives and got my first appointment for when i'm 8 weeks. I also rang my gp and asked for an appointment just didn't tell them what it was for - i'm going on tuesday - wanted to see the gp as going on hols on friday and just wanted to check any precautions needed with long haul flight and so on. As long as your relatively healthy and taking folic acid then i think your ok till your 8 weeks appointment. The only other thing they did offer me was to attend an information evening about diet and so on but i've read soo much already i don't think theres much i don't know.
I've just turned 29 and preggo cautiously with #1 - it took us 8 months though but we were still shocked and really really nervously excited!!!

Thanks ladies, thought it was just me. I guess it does depend on your area. I live in a small town in Devon, so everything is a slower pace here I guess, ha ha!
The mid wife will be coming to me mid june for an hours app for a chat then scan after that. I think I will prob be ubder a consultant as well due to my bmi, My friend had a baby recently and shes overweight but not massively size 16-18 and she was under the consultant!! Crazy...so Im bound to be. Not worried though as you get more scans and monitored closely, which will put my crazy worrying side at ease!
Hope you are all feeling well, still no symptoms for me. I'm not worried, just really dont want ms, I am pathetic if I'm sick. I have a real issue about it....i'm messed up ha ha

Hello all.... am hoping this baby is a lil girl fighter and stays with me!

How are we all doing?

Hi Claire, where in Devon are you? I made an app with docs but didn't tell them what for and they kind of said what do you want me to do!! Booked in with midwife and awaiting call. So it sounds normal.

Sorry but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that experiencing hormonal changes! Past day been feeling emotional and just down. I should be so happy?! Just thinking about whether we can actually manage if I don't go back to work and feeling nostalgic for my old life already!! What's wrong with me!! :(

Hi Claire, where in Devon are you? I made an app with docs but didn't tell them what for and they kind of said what do you want me to do!! Booked in with midwife and awaiting call. So it sounds normal.

Sorry but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that experiencing hormonal changes! Past day been feeling emotional and just down. I should be so happy?! Just thinking about whether we can actually manage if I don't go back to work and feeling nostalgic for my old life already!! What's wrong with me!! :(

Honestly hun, dont worry about how your feeling. Its totally normal, I spoke to a friend whos had a baby and felt exactly the same not long after she found out.
I was really happy and excited the day we found out. THe day after I was hit with shock...big time! I was worried about if we were ready, can we afford it, could I cope etc. We have a very hectic social life and not many of my friends have children and was thinking i'll be saying goodbye to my old life forever. But since then I feel much better...had my funny five minutes and back to being realy excited and overjoyed.
Life will change...alot! But for the better. I also think its important to have you time, your only human after all. I'll be taking full advantage of my parents living near by! My concern now is lack of sleep ha ha.

I live about 10miles from Exeter in the sticks a bit a guess. Where in cornwall are you?

hi padbrat....congrats....how you feeling??

Hi Trixie... I am feeling shocked.... scared.... happy...:happydance:

In terms of symptoms.... crashingly tired:sleep:, snappy:growlmad:, bloated.... but you usual symptom of agonising boobs has not appeared yet. Had that with all of my previous pregnancies.....

Oooo and hungry.... all the time... :dohh:

How are you doing?

sorry... I mean my usual symptom of sore boobs lol

Thanks Claire, nice to hear :) I just spoke to my mom and she made me feel better, good old moms!!
I live in Plymouth now, just over the water.

Hi ladies, hope we're all doing well.
My boobs aren't hurting just have grown a size already. Sports bra is holding them in at the moment.
Half term here so a week at home with kids hoping they don't try and bounce in me too much.

Worked out i'llbe 12wks on my daughters 10th birthday. Hopefully scan won't be on her day I'd like it to be it's own special day.
Went out for a lovely meal yesterday and smiled at a pea, OH asked why I was smiling, I replied that it was that size, OH corrected me and said he, I laughed and said ok they.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->