january 2012 mums to be!!!!

So sorry you had to go through that Steffy, but pleased to hear he is doing well now.
Hope everything is well with you coco.
As for me we're doing fine, Darcey is growing well. Shes a bit of a night owl and doesnt like to be put down at night. So thats tough, but hey ho it wont last forever xx

So sorry you had to go through that Steffy, but pleased to hear he is doing well now.
Hope everything is well with you coco.
As for me we're doing fine, Darcey is growing well. Shes a bit of a night owl and doesnt like to be put down at night. So thats tough, but hey ho it wont last forever xx

Glad to hear you are coping well. Every day gets easier doesn't it?! Indigo was a bit fussy with feeding yesterday, taking a while to latch on and only getting 5-10 mins which was frustrating but she's much better today. She has a stuffy nose so midwife said that's probably why so OH has gone out for some Vicks!
Other than that all is good and I feel so much better, scar is barely even sore and I can move about like a normal person now! How are the other c-section ladies?!

hi girls how are you all?? im ok, just exhausted...conor has started on enfamil AR today for silent reflux..........OMG he has the biggest set of lungs on him, he cries all the time and im finding things tough wit OH being away working. i hope things start to improve cause im going greyer by the day!!!

Hi Trixie, sorry it's been tough. I hope it gets better now.

Things are good here. Besides me being on antibiotics for swollen lymph nodes :(

:hugs: Trixie. Sorry your having a tough time.It must be so hard with him working away. My husband works nights so im dreading it when he goes back next week. I just find it hard to get anything done Darcey just wants to be held constantly. I do let her cry a little bit to see if she'll settle, but usually ends up getting so upset I feel really bad.
The night are still a struggle feeding every 2hrs, ive tried to up her intake but she always falls asleep on the bottle. Also getting her in the moses basket is a bit hit and miss as well.

Glad you're healing well coco, its nice to feel a bit normal again isnt it. Hope your not on the antibiotics too long.
Has the feeding improved?

:hugs: Trixie. Sorry your having a tough time.It must be so hard with him working away. My husband works nights so im dreading it when he goes back next week. I just find it hard to get anything done Darcey just wants to be held constantly. I do let her cry a little bit to see if she'll settle, but usually ends up getting so upset I feel really bad.
The night are still a struggle feeding every 2hrs, ive tried to up her intake but she always falls asleep on the bottle. Also getting her in the moses basket is a bit hit and miss as well.

Glad you're healing well coco, its nice to feel a bit normal again isnt it. Hope your not on the antibiotics too long.
Has the feeding improved?

I'm the same! Trying to sort myself out but she won't let me! Although if I put her on her front sometimes she'll let me leave her for a bit!
Same with nights too, I dread them! Every 2-3 hours and she falls asleep so won't take much then moans for more! Last night was prety bad, I ended up crying at every feed because she is hungry but won't latch on, it seems like she was in some kind of discomfort because she kept making straining sounds... besides that feeding was going well! x

Aww Coco, Its hard going isnt it. At least we know we're not alone! Tonight when she wakes you can think to yourself that im probably up aswell along with many others! I keep telling myself this is the hardest stage and it will get easier. Thats not to say I dont dread the nights though!

Can I ask what time you put Indigo down at in the evening? I only ask because she seems to settle best after her midnight-ish feed but I try and get her down at nine-ish. But at her 4-5 oclock feed she is wide awake and wont go down at all and sleeps on me till her next feed. Im worried about getting into bad habbits, but im so exhausted I've lost the will at that time in the morning to keep putting her down time and time again. I was just wondering if you had something similar?

Darcey also kept making a straining cry as well, i'm breast and bottle feeding so my HV advised to try infacol which has helped a bit. Maybe look into that?? x

Can I ask what time you put Indigo down at in the evening? I only ask because she seems to settle best after her midnight-ish feed but I try and get her down at nine-ish. But at her 4-5 oclock feed she is wide awake and wont go down at all and sleeps on me till her next feed. Im worried about getting into bad habbits, but im so exhausted I've lost the will at that time in the morning to keep putting her down time and time again. I was just wondering if you had something similar?

Darcey also kept making a straining cry as well, i'm breast and bottle feeding so my HV advised to try infacol which has helped a bit. Maybe look into that?? x

Well we don't have a bed time! We usually go to bed after dinner, about 8/9ish and watch a film in bed. In the evenings Indigo is quite restless and feeds more often. As soon as she is asleep we put her in her basket. I'm usually up for an hour to an hour and half when she wakes for a feed. I'm the same -sometimes at her 6 oclock ish feed I will let her sleep on me! I'd say at this stage we are OK to get away with it!

I will look into infacol, thanks. x

well girls, i give conor a bath at 7 and feed at 7.30 6 oz.....he doses after 3 oz and i change his nappy....i then get another 2 oz in 2 him...he wakes at 12.30 or 1.30 and then 5am then 7.30 ish....

well girls, i give conor a bath at 7 and feed at 7.30 6 oz.....he doses after 3 oz and i change his nappy....i then get another 2 oz in 2 him...he wakes at 12.30 or 1.30 and then 5am then 7.30 ish....

Did you start that routine quite early on? We had a really good night last night. Our first one yet! She went down at 10.30 slept till 3.30 and fed then down till 7.30, it was heaven!!! I hope it continues. We put her in her carry cot instead of the moses so she seemed to like it xx

i started that abt 2 weeks ago and even through the bad days he has kind of stuck to that routine....if i put him down later he still wakes around 2....so i figure its better to put him down early. its good to have a bath associated with bed.....so i learnt!
he never liked the moses basket so we bought a small crib and he sleeps well in it.....i go down south tomorrow and im dreading a nite in the basket esp now i have a good routine going

i started that abt 2 weeks ago and even through the bad days he has kind of stuck to that routine....if i put him down later he still wakes around 2....so i figure its better to put him down early. its good to have a bath associated with bed.....so i learnt!
he never liked the moses basket so we bought a small crib and he sleeps well in it.....i go down south tomorrow and im dreading a nite in the basket esp now i have a good routine going

It sounds like a good routine. Id like to get Darcey down earlier, but shes often wide awake in the evenings.
Saying that, shes been awake alot today so hope she will sleep well again tonight. x

well our trip down south was great, but he was held the whole time.....not so good now that we are home and he wants lifted al the time!

i put him in his cot last nite, just halved the size in cot by the bumper...use a hot water bottle to heat the mattress and put him down at 7.30....he slept till 1.30, took 3 oz and 5am he took 3 oz.....up again at 7.30 and he took 6 oz......now he is snoozing on my lap!

well our trip down south was great, but he was held the whole time.....not so good now that we are home and he wants lifted al the time!

i put him in his cot last nite, just halved the size in cot by the bumper...use a hot water bottle to heat the mattress and put him down at 7.30....he slept till 1.30, took 3 oz and 5am he took 3 oz.....up again at 7.30 and he took 6 oz......now he is snoozing on my lap!

Oh you're so lucky. I would love Darcey to have a routine like that. She had 3 really good nights then last night she was awake and feeding every 2 hrs again!! Could it be a growth spurt? Im going to up her milk today to 120ml and see if she goes longer and do a bath bottle bed routine. Do you bath Conner every day?

every nite claire, we just let him bash abt! i put in the johnston bath and rub him with the cream after......he is just so unsettled during the day! i defo need help....he wont sit contented at all!

well what a shit time i am having...

Chris and I split up and he wants Harvey to live with him and not me. For those of you who have January 2012 FB page will know what torment going through at the moment. It's so scary :( 3 weeks after giving birth this is the last thing i needed.

every nite claire, we just let him bash abt! i put in the johnston bath and rub him with the cream after......he is just so unsettled during the day! i defo need help....he wont sit contented at all!

Sorry to hear that he's not content. I think its just their age because they are still too small to do much and cant really touch, grab what they want. Darcey gets bored really easily when put down in her chair or under her mat. She loves cuddles. I find it easier to get and about and lots of fresh air.

We did the bath bottle bed routine and worked a treat so will def be doing that again!!

well what a shit time i am having...

Chris and I split up and he wants Harvey to live with him and not me. For those of you who have January 2012 FB page will know what torment going through at the moment. It's so scary :( 3 weeks after giving birth this is the last thing i needed.

Sorry to hear that Steffy, you're right. Its not what you need. Big hugs lovely xx

oh steffy im so sorry i hope things work out for you. how horrible at any time but 3 weeks after giving birth thats awful. keep strong xxx

Sorry to hear that he's not content. I think its just their age because they are still too small to do much and cant really touch, grab what they want. Darcey gets bored really easily when put down in her chair or under her mat. She loves cuddles. I find it easier to get and about and lots of fresh air.

We did the bath bottle bed routine and worked a treat so will def be doing that again!!

:happydance: so glad it worked for yo....did she sleep long???did you put her down at 7.30 as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->