january 2015 rainbow babies

I hate to say it, but it's better to be a bit annoying than to worry yourself sick. The doctor should have done an u/s if you were bleeding. Bypass your doc and go to the EPU.

Hey ladies how are you all? I ended up at epu yesterday as I was having pains and they were concerned about ectopic :/ luckily everything was as it should be except im having TWINS!!!!! I can't believe it lol im in so much shock. Back in two weeks to make sure they are developing properly :D I just can't believe it lol xxx

Hey ladies how are you all? I ended up at epu yesterday as I was having pains and they were concerned about ectopic :/ luckily everything was as it should be except im having TWINS!!!!! I can't believe it lol im in so much shock. Back in two weeks to make sure they are developing properly :D I just can't believe it lol xxx

What an awesome surprise!! CONGRATS!

Twins! Omg congrats!!! Lol

Mama sorry to hear you had a scare. I'm sure it's all fine & if you'd rather not have an early scan then that's up to you, but they should be able to see something from 6 weeks onwards, plus they might not be able to see you right away anyway, so it might be worth booking a scan in advance?

I was told to call when I got to 6-7 weeks & book a reassurance scan, when I rang up yesterday she was fine with that & I had the next available appointent, which isn't until Monday. That should be a good time to scan if all is well so I'm looking forward to it. You are quite within your rights to ask for a scan if that's what you want to do :)

Xxx

Want, congratulations on twins xx

thanks ladies :) just hoping that they develop properly. it was too early to see much of anything but im excited lol bit scared to get too attached as im not so good at the pregnancy thing :/ how is everyone? mama sorry to hear about the scare, how you holding up? 5_year that's great you are getting a scan :) my epu were like that too, I was ment to go in on Tuesday for a reassurance scan too but that's been moved to a week on Tuesday xxx

Urgh ladies another one with nausea here and an upset tum though no sickness (I am rarely sick though). It's the dizziness that I find the hardest when that kicks in on top of nausea it's just miserable.

I've also got a constant ache, right near my pubic bone :( it doesn't hurt but it's constantly aching :( Anyone else have this? I can't remember in either of my previous 2 pregnancies :(

I've also been pretty poorly with a virus so I'm really run down. Could do with stopping the world for a bit tbh!

Still, 7 weeks tomorrow, am hoping for my consultant appt soon to have a dating scan and to discuss testing options :)

Aww Gertrude sorry you're feeling rough! :( my DS is poorly with a cough & cold & I've just started sneezing & have a sore throat so I bet I hve that to look forwar to! Lol

I sometimes have a bruised feeling down one side of my pubic bone, not so much an ache or pain but a feeling iyswim!

I was so tired yesterday I fell asleep at 7pm!! Woke up when the take-away pizza arrived then went straight to bed!! Lol (couldn't face cooking & DH was working from home till 10pm!)!! & I could have stated there this morning & go back now!! Lol

Xxx

Just had a hospital midwife ring to cancel my consultant appointment next week. The midwife who rang has well upset me. Said to leave it until after the 18th scan and then book in with him. She said "if" I make it that far and that if I'm going to miscarry then there's nothing they can do. She also said that she didn't want me to wait until the 12 week scan to find out about a missed miscarriage. FFS, way to make a pregnant woman feel worse :cry:

Just had a hospital midwife ring to cancel my consultant appointment next week. The midwife who rang has well upset me. Said to leave it until after the 18th scan and then book in with him. She said "if" I make it that far and that if I'm going to miscarry then there's nothing they can do. She also said that she didn't want me to wait until the 12 week scan to find out about a missed miscarriage. FFS, way to make a pregnant woman feel worse :cry:
sorry if I e missed something, I've been trying to keep up with the thread but I feel so dire I'm struggling. Why was your consultant appt cancelled?

She sounds like a shit MW tbh, I wouldn't be happy with that at all. Perhaps you need to speak to someone about what she said. Some people just don't think :growlmad:

:hugs:

Afm I feel like absolute crap :( can someone please tell me this is normal?

I feel nauseous, yes that's fine. I feel tired, yes I can see that's normal. But I also feel like I need to cry :( and I also have this virus which is making me ache like flu, and making my temp soar and fall just like flu, but no other symptoms whatsoever. I mean what's that about?

I can't cry, I'm not upset or sad. I know its just hormones but I feel just so terrible :(

sorry if I e missed something, I've been trying to keep up with the thread but I feel so dire I'm struggling. Why was your consultant appt cancelled?

She sounds like a shit MW tbh, I wouldn't be happy with that at all. Perhaps you need to speak to someone about what she said. Some people just don't think :growlmad:

:hugs:

I have antiphospholipid syndrome and have to take Clexane injections, aspirin and 5mg folic acid daily so I am under consultant care. I saw a different consultant this week who just checked that I was ok etc. The midwife said I don't need the appointment next week because there's nothing he can do yet. That's fair enough but now all I can think about is missed miscarriages! :(

I'm sure your nausea, tiredness and emotions are normal, I'm feeling the same! Not sure about your temperature though, maybe speak to your midwife?

Whoahwhoah...wait a second. I'm 99% certain that if you are under a consultants care, the MW cannot go and cancel the consultants appointment. I think she's severely overstepped her bounds. I would call the consultants office/secretary or go in and let them know what this midwife is doing. If you are on meds, they need to be supervised.

I asked my hubby as well, since he used to work in the NHS and he says only the consultant can make that decision. You need to speak to them and you may need to lodge a complaint if they don't deal with it.

I will ring my own midwife on Monday and see what she says. I originally had an appointment on the 13th. My midwife rang yesterday and said they had booked me in the gynaecology ward but I needed to be seen on obstetrics so had to move my appointment to the 12th. A different midwife, one from the hospital, called today and said I don't need to be seen by him because I had seen another consultant this Wednesday just gone.

Nice mw bb. Hope you get some answers when you phone on mon. Your bean is your sticky rainbow so don't worry about what the bitch of a mw said xxx

How are we all this weekend, still sticky and sicky ? (sorry, I know it's terrible but I couldnt help myself :)

I am miraculously still preg and 9 wks this coming Tuesday....is anyone else starting to have the "wow, this might all really be happening" feeling?

Still feeling sicky & hopefully sticky over here!! Lol

Scan is tomorrow so just starting to get nervous. Really hope all is well!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"