January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Had my app with the consultant. Discussed everything and decided to book a c section for 18th January if i dont go into labour before hand. I am happy with that. At 36 weeks i am measuring 40 but no growth scan because i elected the section so i guess it doesnt really matter if he is bigger now. Now i am doing my usual and questioning if its the right thing to do. Having a chilled rest of the day. To be honest the next 3 weeks will be pretty chilled if i have anything to do with it!

Hey ladies, hope we all had a wonderful Christmas and happy birthday to you Soph :D

Mine was quiet, Logan was sick most of the day so it was a bit of a bizarre one as he took himself back to bed for a few hours bless him. He's ok now though and full of life again.

Consultant appointment today, he's concerned. My fundal height hasn't shifted in 4 weeks and given as Logan was such a big baby, this one is measuring significantly smaller. Her tummy growth is not on par with with the rest of her either so today was supposed to be my last appointment but he's booked me back in for another scan and clinic appointment for 2 weeks. If her growth hasn't picked up by then, I'll be bought in for an emergency C section that day. I'll be 37 weeks. On the plus side, her movement is great and I have enough fluids and cord is doing well so it's a wait and see what the further scan says.

Hi ladies - just came in to check in on everyone and see if anyone's given birth from this thread yet!! It's almost January and time for all of our babies to be born!! <3

I hope you're all doing well :)

Ended up at maternity assessment as hadnt felt more than a couple of nudges all morning until 2pm. Called and they said to come up. My mum came over and dropped me off and came home with DD. Had to wait and hour then was on the trace for 30 mins and he was very quiet to start. The first 10-15 his heartrate was steady at 140 but no movements then he suddenly went mad and had lots of movement for about 10 mins and his heartrate jumped up as high as 180 at points. I was even slightly concerned it was too high! They said it all looked good and were happy with it but as standard practice will have me in for a scan. Looking likely to be next week now though with the christmas catch up and new year on monday.

I had had quieter days with him but today was the first time he really scared me. I got there about 3 and my OH picked me up at about 5ish. Drove home and grabbed and mcdonalds on the way home. Much needed!

My DD has a horrid cough and it mostly affects her when sleeping so looking like another sleepless night for me!

Awww JessyG and sarahcake sorry you&#8217;ve had bad days!!! Both situations sound very scary and stressful.

Hopefully your scan will be reassuring Jessy but rubbish you have to wait for it.

Sarahcake really hope she starts growing but if not 37 weeks is a great gestation to get to.

Ahh sarahcake and jessy what a week!!! Take it easy and fingers crossed if they do deliver Sarah that all goes well!!

One more shift at work on Friday for me!!! Then I can rest and recover properly after yesterday. Luckily feeling much better today!

Attachments

• bumpie_week_36_flag.jpg
    bumpie_week_36_flag.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 3
Hooray for maternity leave marriedlaydee!! That’s exciting. Lovely bump

Me at 38 weeks !!

Attachments

• 575C7C5E-EE8C-4C55-BCC4-67ED97E836D8.jpg
    575C7C5E-EE8C-4C55-BCC4-67ED97E836D8.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 9
Great bumps ladies!!
I also took one at 38 weeks (Christmas Day)
I've got the Midwife at 10am today - hoping my fundal height has grown to catch up A little as was 4 weeks behind last time... mind you, baby was measuring normal so was kinda ignoring it!
Let you know how it goes &#128522;

Attachments

• IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 8
Sorry you both had rough times Sarah & Jessy. 37 weeks would be a good point to get to though Sarah, and at least they’ve got a plan.

Have a good last day at work Married!

Lovely bumps ladies.

Ok I'm ready for baby to come out. I've been suffering from sciatica and have a terrible sinus infection. Haven't slept in like a week ugh I feel terrible

I feel you jcliff. I had a sinus infection a few weeks ago and it was horrid. I am so ready for him to come out now but have my section booked for 39+1 so less than 3 weeks away now!

Londonkiwi how did you mifwife app go. I got a call to say they habe booked my in for a scan on wed at 10am due to the reduced movements. He has been his normal wiggly self the last two days which is such a relief but i am so aware of monitoring it now cause wednesday scared me when he hardly moved at all.

Any exciting plans for new year. Since i only have one outfit thay still comfortably fits i plan on rotating jammies over the weekend in case i need to go putside in which case the one outfit i have will need to be worn!

Jessy, the midwife appt didnt quite go as planned...
She was worried about reduced movement and the fact that I have had this blimmin cold for 2 weeks so she also sent me for monitoring yesterday afternoon.
I popped into the hospital for about 2 hours. At the start she was pretty wriggly then she fell asleep so they were making me eat biscuits, drink cold water.... but shes clearly a heavy sleeper like her dad, so it took a good while to wake her up!! All good though, normal movements so they say - even though I'm definitely not feeling all the punches and kicks like I was. Although in saying that, tonight she is moving a bit which is reassuring.

I have my next midwife appt on Weds, so weekly now. And then another scan on Friday 5th (due to small bump) this will be my 6th scan, I've been really lucky to get so many!

Braved the sales today and went shopping, really needed a new phone as can hardly hear on my iPhone 6 at times, so decided to go today, get the phone so I will also have a better camera, otherwise who knows when the next time i'll be shopping is. Wandered around the shopping centre for a good couple of hours so felt a bit tired after that.
Tomorrow I'm going for a decent walk around the park with a friend after my morning swim... trying to stay active!

NYE we have booked lunch with friends but I think we will play it by ear. I too have an outfit that I thought I shall save that and wear it if we make it out, its a cosy dress with plenty of room for bump.

JCliff, I hope you feel better soon!
Married, you're all finished work now - YAY!!!

Hurrah no more work...but I feel so sad about it!!!

Lots of cleaning and organising to do this weekend so I can concentrate on reading and yoga ball bouncing from next week ;) I feel so unprepared it's scary...I think its just anticipation and now also no distractions to keep me from wondering if I really am ready and have everything....

A few more bits for my hospital bag which I think I'll go get Tuesday...Oh man I feel just so not ready for this!!! :haha:

Jcliff - I know exactly what you're going through, the last few days for me have been really bad with SPD and this head cold I have. I even went back to bed yesterday for 2 hours as I was in that much pain, think hubby thought baby was coming early!

Yesterday has taught me that I need to try and rest though - I drove a 50 mile round trip to collect baby's cotbed mattress as Yodel are absolutely useless...ordered from precious little ones on 17th Dec and paid for 48 hour delivery, PLO met their side of the order but Yodel sent out the mattress with a driver who had 80 deliveries before mine!! Was obvious he wasn't going to get to me but I kept my fingers crossed. Anyway, 7:50PM there were 13 deliveries before mine and I had a message saying driver has run out of hours and had to head back to Depot but it would be delivered within 72hours so by Xmas eve. As of Wednesday I had still not received it so called Yodel (in South Africa!!) who promised me I was a priority blah blah blah...anyway it was out for delivery Thursday and I was tracking it every half hour or so, finally got to 2 deliveries before mine so I thought yay its gonna be here in a min. 10 mins later still nothing so checked my phone and it said sorry we missed you....I'm seeing red at this point so checked my CCTV to see the driver literally drive to my gate, slow down and look and then drive off...didn't even leave a calling card and obviously decided he couldn't be bothered to open the gate!! After may failed attempts to contact my local depot I rang Yodel again and rearranged for yesterday...went online to track and guess what my parcel wasn't out for delivery! This was the final straw so I jumped in the car and went down there and collected it (waited 30 mins stood up whilst they located my parcel mind) and even showed them the drivers attempted delivery - their notes state he couldn't find my house so my CCTV blew that theory out of the water...now have a complaint going through and requesting reimbursement of delivery charge and my fuel to collect...

But guess what...I ordered all my cotbed bedding from Mother care online in the sale and they only bloody use Yodel :doh: delivery for that is named day and 2nd January so I'll wait and see :haha:

The decided it was a good idea to go food shopping so another 2 hours on my feet and my back was in agony. home and to bed for me then!!

Married - welcome to maternity leave!
London - sorry your appointment didn't go as planed but great that you got to see/hear the baby again! Most of us seem to have had a lot of scans etc compared to the norm! I'm on countdown t 11th for my section if he hasn't already arrived as I'm really struggling

Sorry for everyone who is struggling! Not long now and it&#8217;ll all be over.

My son is away with MIL for New Year so I am loving the peace. Everything is spooo much easier without him.

9 more days maximum until he&#8217;s evicted!!!!! Really hoping nothing happens on 31st as it woujd be a rubbish birthday! Will only be 38+5 so I&#8217;m guessing I&#8217;m safe lol

Wills you need to go through the retailer you bought it from as a priority...not many people know but the retailer is obligated to be held responsible for delivery issues like that so go through them aswell for compensation! That's horrific I'd be fuming! If the retailer claims you need to complain to yodel and you habe the energy...push it further and say theyre wrong...youre going to head office...trading standards etc etc....it all sounds very exhausting! :haha: I've had three complaints in with asda for not delivering my food before Christmas..All I got was the refund and delivery reimbursed...i think I wanted blood :haha:

Married I know the feeling, I was so rude to the Yodel person on the phone which isn't normally like me but I was so mad! I've been in touch with both Yodel and Precious Little Ones so will see what happens when everything is back open as normal in the new year. I'm definitely not going to let it go though...

I've had confirmation this morning that Mothercare have despatched all the bedding etc I've ordered and Yodel have confirmed it should be delivered today...im waiting with bated breath but this time will be leaving our farm gate open (especially as its been pouring down here this morning so far)
so the driver has no excuse not to drive in.

Once this delivery has been made i'm all ready for LO's arrival :) Have attached pics of LO's room, moses basket in my room and my bump at 37 weeks :)

Attachments

• 20171223_173136.jpg
    20171223_173136.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20171223_173204.jpg
    20171223_173204.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20171230_193143.jpg
    20171230_193143.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20171230_193157.jpg
    20171230_193157.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 7
well well well, Yodel actually delivered today!! Must have been because my gate was open :haha:

Problem is Mothercare duplicated my order so I've actually had most of it twice and been charged nearly £300 instead of the £150 it should be! Nice little trip into town for me to take the duplicate items back next week I think!!

Oh God Wills!!! That's insane! If only you hadn't been charged twice it would have been a great thing lol. Glad you have the bedding though and the rooms look great! Here's a pic of our room set up with the crib it'll be in for 6 months. We do have the nursery set up but once I have decent curtains up I'll share a pic! We won't be buying a cot yet as I'm waiting for a gift card I'm due to buy it.

Happy New Year everyone! Looking forward to the first baby born in January!!!

Attachments

• PSX_20171231_212448.jpg
    PSX_20171231_212448.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 8
Happy New Year ladies!

Went for lunch with friends, then to another friends house for the evening, home to watch the fireworks on TV and I’m still awake.
Feel quite energetic today. Went for an early morning swim. Annoyingly I won’t get one tomorrow as the gym is closed. But we might head to the coast maybe Whitstable for a walk (weather permitting, it’s very windy out there tonight!)

Lovely pics Wills and Married!!
I have a new phone so should take some of the nursery really... I took some a while ago but not sure how clear they are.

Enjoy your start to 2018 and bring on these babies!

Attachments

• 016EE212-1FA5-4F4A-88BF-1326F6D7F239.jpg
    016EE212-1FA5-4F4A-88BF-1326F6D7F239.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 2862B7B0-C17F-4A34-8A33-D737E9AE5A6B.jpg
    2862B7B0-C17F-4A34-8A33-D737E9AE5A6B.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 6
  • C64CF75C-2660-48E9-9B2E-1CF1752AEC6D.jpg
    C64CF75C-2660-48E9-9B2E-1CF1752AEC6D.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online