January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Aww bless her... but I can totally understand she is getting a little on your nerves.
She’s prob just super excited about another grandchild! And prob doesn’t realise that the constant checking in can be annoying.

I left New Zealand in June 2005 So seems like forever ago now.
I lived in London for 2 years, then Dublin for 4 years then Amsterdam for a year (where I met my British husband through friends) and have been back in London since Jan 2012.
My mother passed away around 3 years ago, but my dad, step mum, sister and step siblings all live at home. One other sister lives in Melbourne.

I try to go back every 2 years to visit but it’s so expensive and takes what seems like forever to get there! We were planning to go home this past Christmas but obviously the baby stopped that ha, so hopefully next Christmas.
One of my sisters visited in May/June this year and my other sister (annoying Melbourne one) is looking to visit in Feb/March as she’s never been here and as I can tell from the constant messaging she is dying to meet this baby!!

I think that’s it - excitement is taking over. At least I know she’s ready and raring to go as soon as I call her!

I’m always really interested when people move over to the UK from NZ/Aus. There are so many programmes on TV here showing brits emigrating over there and you never really consider people making the opposite move.

Sounds like your sister will be really excited to come over and see the UK and of course meet the baby!

We just have to remember it’s nice that people care, even if they are driving us mad with it!

Hey ladies, will have to read your posts later to catch up but just wanted to let you know baby Ethan arrived by c section at 11:02 today after a 12 hour back to bloody back labour!! I am totally in love! He weighed in at 7lb 11oz xx

Congratulations Wills! The first baby is here hurraaaaaah! Hope you're both doing very well and going home soon if not already!

Itching nearly gone, thankfully because my super paranoid husband apparently googled it and was convinced something was really wrong lol. Had such bad heartburn all day and tonight lots of pressure low down....still thinking I'll be the last one announcing a birth here!

Midwife and physio tomorrow. Otherwise more cleaning when I'm home!

Congrats again Wills! Can't wait to here your story!

Ahhhhhhhhh massive congrats hun!! Oh wow 12 hours of back to back. Well done you chick. I hope you are doing ok recovery wise.

How exciting!

CONGRATS!!!
Super exciting!
Love the name Ethan, can’t wait to see a pic!

This gives me hope that I will go into labour... at some point!!

I love those TV shows!!
Always think maybe I’ll go on one and get a free trip back home haha.

I have a lot of friends here from NZ that have been here for years. but it’s not as common these days for people to stay longer than 2-years due to all the visa restrictions these days.

I love that Europe is just on the doorstep and I also think that the English and kiwis are quite similar which is great.

My husband is born and bred British... he said he will go out there one day but I’m not sure I’ll get him out there before retirement!! Haha

I think that’s it - excitement is taking over. At least I know she’s ready and raring to go as soon as I call her!

I’m always really interested when people move over to the UK from NZ/Aus. There are so many programmes on TV here showing brits emigrating over there and you never really consider people making the opposite move.

Sounds like your sister will be really excited to come over and see the UK and of course meet the baby!

We just have to remember it’s nice that people care, even if they are driving us mad with it!

Ah Wills, congratulations! Love the name Ethan. Hope you’re both doing well.

London - sounds like a great way for a free trip! It’s right what you say about it being good how close we are to Europe and all the places we can explore there, I think it’s just something you take for granted though and don’t really appreciate when the UK is where you’ve always lived.

Glad the itching has stopped Sarah so your husband can stop worrying!

I’m at the midwife tomorrow - sweep for me to try and get this baby moving!

Ahhh wills!!! Congratulations! Back to back is no joke at all, that hurts so badly. Well done lovely, can't wait to see a picture of him!!! How exciting. Rest up now and recover! 12 hours, what a trooper you are!

Hope everything goes super smoothly today Soph! Cant wait to hear your news x

All the best for today Soph! Looking forward to hearing from you x

Eeek cannot wait to hear from you Soph!

38 Weeks today. So ready for this baby now! We have a lot going on at home so probably shouldn't wish for it yet but it will be nice to have my body on it's way back to normality! Not peeing every half an hour would be amaaaaazing :haha:

Attachments

• bumpie_week_38_flag.jpg
    bumpie_week_38_flag.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 5
Good luck Soph. Hope all goes well today, can’t wait to hear that baby is here!

Back from our scan, baby girl is absolutely fine. Looks like the discrepancys on size centiles that arose last time was just down to how baby was laying which is fair.

She is 6lb 6oz roughly currently and her tummy is well on proportion with the rest of her. She is also now head down which on reflection, is likely the pain I was having until 4am the other night.

Aww cute bump picture! Nearly there now :) your body will soon be your own again!

Sarah that's great news I'm hoping for a weight similar to that at Thursdays ultrasound as I'm worried it'll be a 9lber :haha:

39 + 4 baby was 7 pound 4, which I was quite surprised about.
God I want her to hurry up.... I'm so bored!
Yesterday she was thrashing around in there like a mad woman, today there is very little movement.
40 + 1.... and counting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->