January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Ahh Sarah no wonder you can't go to sleep! Too much adrenaline and she's too gorgeous to miss a second of! Do try while you can though :)

1am and officially 39 weeks :haha: so ready to meet this baby. I've been trying to be super productive but I get tired so easy! I took up the curtains then just couldn't bring myself to do anything else! Not much to do but my little daily list book has a good chunk to finish tomorrow. I don't see me getting to a day when I go...nothing to do!!!!

I really hope there's some baby action for you all soon, I'm just as impatient waiting for yours as I was my own!

Looks like ill be going home this afternoon if all is well with my blood tests. Had the catheter out this morning so currently packing myself full of fluids so I'll pee 😂

Pain is at a very very minimal level today, more just an ache as I move but I'm up walking around, I can have a shower this morning which will be heavenly lol

Little miss was so content all night. I've carried on with the bottles to be honest as after speaking to the midwife last night about it all she said there's babies who are much more settled if they are able to have a good amount of milk at a routine time. She thinks Harley is one of these babies and I'm inclined to agree. I had to wake her for all of her feeds last night!

That's great news Sarah on all accounts! You're doing so well I really hope it's a relatively settled start for you all when you get home!

I used the electric breast pump last night in a bid to give this baby freedom....nothing lol. Research says something like people who do it more likely to start labour in 72 hours after than people who don't blah blah....I won't be holding my breath lol.

I have also heard that about the breast pumping. It's got to be worth a try doesn't it! Just do little an often I guess, short bursts save making yourself sore.

72 hours is a pretty good statistic mind, can't see it doing any harm!

Everything is just very chilled so far, hopefully that continues once back home!

Sarah sounds like you have a little angel there! & great to hear that the pain is minimal - Speedy recovery for you fingers crossed.
Hope you get to go home today :)

Daisies - how are you feeling after the sweep?

My midwife has a free appointment today so I'm going this afternoon for my sweep instead of tomorrow.
I am trying not to get my hopes up that its going to work this time, esp after last week so I'll go there with no expectations and if it works then happy days.

I guess either way, she'll give me an induction date today so I have an end point to focus on.

Married, I had read about the breast pump theory, gave it a go the other day then got bored :haha:

Aww thats great sarah. So glad she is so content and happy on her formula.

Its snowing again here! Made for an interesting walk to nursery. Made it there and bacl safely then popped to tesco when snow went off for something for tea and milk. Depends on snow at 12 i may drive to the nursery instead of walk but will see how it goes.

Sooo sooo tired and out of breath now. 2 days to go, i am sooo excited to meet him now. When in tesco i bought another baby blanket. Like he needs yet another baby blanket!!!!!

Jessy :haha: never too many blankets!!!

Yeah I was pretty sore last night was an experience! Just been for a walk around the city, only walked just over a mile but yikes....wasn't very comfortable could feel the pressure! Back home now and bored again! I think I'll get the sewing machine out again and take up the nets I've been meaning to do for 2 years! :haha:

That’s great news Sarah, hope you get home quickly and can start settling into life with your new addition.

London - feeling fine, doesn’t seem to have done a deal. Lost some of my mucous plug through the night and this morning and a bit of it had a slight tinge of blood so I got all excited that something might be happening as the first sign with my son was losing bloody tinged plug but doesn’t seem to have turned into anything.

Hope yours goes well today and gets baby moving! Like you say, it’s nice to get an induction date and have an end point to focus on.

Hope the snow doesn’t cause you any problems Jessy. It was forecast for here but all that we have had is a tonne of rain and a load of sleet which fell just as I was walking back to the car from dropping off ds leaving me looking like a drowned rat!

Daisies sounds like something is slowly happening - still a few days before your induction, Come on baby!!

Unfortunately I am feeling really quite negative about my appointment. I feel like my cervix is going to be totally closed yet again. It was so horrible last Weds I feel like I'm going to be just as disappointed today. Guess I will wait and see!

What time is your appointment LK? I am sure it wont be as disappointing as last week. At the very least you'll have an induction date to look forward too! And it will be this week i imagine. Is it 10 days over they let you go until? Or 14?

London I felt exactly the same before mine yesterday - hope it went well & you got an induction date booked in too - let us know how you got on!

London I hope you're not back online because something is happening!!!!

Ok so nearly three hours later I've taken up two sets of nets...one more to go for the least important room but determined to spend the next hour productively! It's been exhausting though, had to get on my hands and knees to pin them and cut them so wasn't the quickest or most graceful task I've ever completed!

Hoping everyone's Tuesday evening goes a bit more relaxed than mine :haha:

I am stressing a little. Its snowing like mad here and where my mum lives. I have my pre op tomorrow at 9am and have to drop my DD at nursery at 8:30. Its not possible to get to the hospital for 9 if i have to drop her off so the plan was my mum was gonna do it while i go to the hospital but now we are both thinking it wont be safe for her to drive through. Worst case scenario i have to take my DD to the hospital with me but i cant imagine that going down well with them plus i need my mum here on thurs so i can get to the hospital for my section. Really really starting to stress now.

Oh jessy that's a dilemma I blooming hate snow I'm sorry it's messing everything up!! I hope you find a solution or that the snow is cleared by rain?? :(

I have asked my OH if he could maybe ask to start a little later and take DD to nursery so i can go to the hospital. He grumps and moans about it. He basically hates having to be an inconvenience to his boss. He then in the next sentence says he doesnt want me driving to the hospital in the snow......ehhhhh!! What exactly do you want from me.

Next sentence. Asked to go out for a piss up with his work in early feb. I said hell no!

Oh jessy! Well sounds to me like he needs to take you to the hospital too! You're in a time in your lives where surely his boss can be flexible due to the circumstances yikes! I really hope you get to a solution soon where he gets out his strop lol.

I'm definitely bigger this week...wow

Attachments

• bumpie_week_39_flag.jpg
    bumpie_week_39_flag.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 4
Oh Jessy, not good!
Snow can be so unpredictable can’t it.
Putting it politely I say bugger his boss!! It’s one day and he needs to help you out plus I’m sure there will be other people in less than ideal situations tomorrow. Hope you can find a solution!

Right so Midwife!
She attempted a sweep.... external cervix open but internal cervix closed so she couldn’t sweep the membranes. But on a good note she said my cervix is very soft which is good news.
Here i was thinking - didn’t know we had two cervix but I think they mean it has two ends and the vaginal end is open, baby end is closed.
So didn’t work again but weirdly I felt a lot better this week as progress was made and sounds like things are going in the right direction.
Induction was booked in for Saturday.

But alas I’m currently sitting in the hospital as she was a bit concerned yet again about movements and my bump size so sent me for monitoring.
Well that was 3 hours ago and I’m still here...
Did an hour of monitoring but the doctor wasn’t happy with the result so made me do another half hour... now waiting for the doctor to review the second one.
There has been mention of inducing me earlier but they also said there is no room on the ante natal Ward and I’ll be an inpatient so logistically it doesn’t really work tonight. The midwife also said they may ask me to come back in tomorrow.... waiting waiting waiting for an answer.
And I’m SUPER HUNGRY so hope they hurry up haha.

On a good note the baby seems fine! Just they are really busy (they did 8 c sections today apparently!) and it’s just been handover so I’m kinda stuck in the middle of it all.

Shall keep you posted! But i feel like I’ll be heading home.... VIA MACCAS!

Oh London wow...sorry they're keeping you waiting I was secretly hoping they'll let you have your baby tonight by the end of that post but sounds like not tonight then! You sound starving I could kill for a maccy D's great thinking! Lol.

I'm glad they're looking after you and bubs apart from starving you :) and thanks...baby is trying to break out front way lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->