January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

9lb 2oz!! That's a good size bless him. Huge congratulations!! So pleased that you had a good experience, I was so hoping you would. Use your call bell for everything now lovely, the midwives and HCAs are expecting you to do just that. Don't try and pick him out of the crib at all ask them too, same as putting him back. So happy for you!

I really hope your progressing now London, will keep checking back in.

Sat on the sofa with Harley asleep on me feeling incredibly content with life right now :) OH is in bed catching up on a few zzz's before the night, Logan is sound asleep in bed after cuddles with his sister and declaring his love for her and I'm just chilling out with baby girl. Life is good :)

Congratulations JessyG!!!! Glad it all went well!!! Hope you have a comfortable night tonight.

Sarahcake we had similar issues. mine lost 10.8% by day 3 and was jaundice too. He’s EBF so had to feed him myself and also express and offer that. Jaundice levels went down really quickly though but he’s still not back to birth weight now on day 10. He’s only 4% under now so she will come back Monday to check again.

Ahh bless him, she did say that it is incredibly common and not to worry. That's a good regain though, shouldn't be long until he is back up to birth weight and beyond. How are you getting on Soph? Recovery treating you well?

Welcome to the World Aussie - congrats Jessy.

Short and sweet message from me in too much pain :(

3rd lot of gel in. When she checked things had progressed a lot further than this morning. Lost my plug earlier, internal cervix open, she could feel my waters bulging waiting to go but said they won’t break those until there is a bed on delivery suite.

The wait continues...

Daisies - good luck for tomorrow lovely!

I’m doing ok thanks Sarah. Kind of wouldn’t be surprised if things kicked off tonight, as baby is feeling even lower and I’ve had some cramps and twinges, but maybe it’s just be hoping for an 11th hour arrival before induction!

Getting nervous for it all now but there are some advantages - Lucas is over at my Mum & dad’s and has had a lovely night having a ‘sleepover’ there. Plus I’ve been able to have a nice shower and paint my nails so feeling as good as I can do. Just trying to chill out watching rubbish on tv now.

Hope Harley’s jaundice clears up soon- it is really common but nice when they tell you it’s all done and sorted itself out. Sounds like your little one will get signed off on Monday Soph - hope so for you!

Massive congratulations Jessy! Glad all went well and hope all is ok tonight - like Sarah said, make the most of the help available with him, and enjoy your first night together.

Hope things are moving along for you now London.

Ooh, read your reply after I posted London. Great news to hear that the third gel is working! Can you have a little walk around to see if gravity gets the waters to go? Surely they’re forced to find a bed then! Crossing my fingers for baby news from you in the morning. And thanks for the good vibes!

Daisies your induction tomorrow?? Losing track all these babies are coming at once arghhh! :haha: good luck if so...again ...very jealous lady over here of all these inductions and c sections. I'll get my induction date next Wednesday and don't reckon it'll be until February....probably should be thankful as I do want to go naturally but the waiting...oh my it's just horrid waiting for your body to give you some sign it wants to evict your resident

Well my little chunk is almost exactly like hid big sister. Hates my nipples just like DD did. I used a nipple shield and managed to get him to latch on once but for hardly any length of time and then got super distressed. I had some tears but decided to give him a bottle and see if he took it. Well did he not guzzle it and then conk right out. I feel i am done with bf already at 9 hours in :haha: he is sooo content and settled now whereas trying to feed him myself he basically just screamed constantly.

Oh well a fed baby is a happy baby and i feel much less stressed than i did a few hours ago. Had my catheter out so waiting to go for a wee then i can go upstairs to the wardm my temperature went really high and my pulse was far too high for a while but thankfully that has come down.

I will need to figure out how to post a picture. The boy has a full head of hair (again exactly like his big sis!)

Oh exciting come on baby kiwi!!! Hopefully not too long for you now.

Daisies, i was in early stages of labour this morning before my section so it may happen that you deliver without the induction!!! Good luck for it and cant wait to hear your news too.

To post a picture, you have to do it from the desktop site, then instead of post quick reply, hit go advanced and there's a manage attachments section there. It's a bit of a finicky process to be honest or you could just upload it to somewhere like imgur and copy the link over :)

Sounds exactly the same as me BF wise, I just felt a bit too weak to be trying to on demand feed constantly and I felt bad for a little bit but when I saw how well she took to the bottle and how content she is, guilt gone. A fed baby is a happy baby :)

I'm surprised they took the catheter out so soon, I asked for mine out after the spinal wore off and they said they would prefer to let me have a good night sleep and then do it. Make sure you pack in the fluids now then as they will want the see approx 280ml in one go from you to consider the twoc successful :)

Good luck Daisies! Hope today goes well.

I’m still waiting to go to delivery suite... this is a joke now! Although they have said I’m next to go so guess that’s something!

I hope this works. He is my perfect little Aussie bear.

I am in love with this boy, and i think he loves me too.

LK i hope things habe improved since ypu lasg posted. You are an absolute trooper!

Attachments

• IMG_20180119_065127_023.jpg
    IMG_20180119_065127_023.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 8
Oh Jessy! He is absolutely beautiful <3 gorgeous little boy. So much hair! You must be absolutely over the moon right now.

I hope your night went well :)

London, surely they have got to get you sorted now??? This is a joke. I would be writing a complaint at this point to be honest, you've been left and it's not fair at all.

My milk has come in today... I look like Pamela Anderson but with soggy patches on everything &#128514;&#128514; decided that I'm going to get a pump and try and get one bottle a day of breast milk into her. Would be a shame to see it go to waste.

Congratulations JessyG so so lovely!! Hope you had a good first night together.

Londonkiwi fingers crossed things get moving. I had no idea how long a process it could be.

Good luck daisies!! Hope it&#8217;s a quick process for you and baby is here soon.

Sarahcake I have found recovery so much easier this time! And incision is so well healed already you woiod never think a human had ever come out of there. Our bodies really are amazing!

I am so far finding recovery much easier this time too. They have treated me sooo wonderfully well. I got OH to bring in a card and chocolates for the staff. I have a private room too which i wasnt expecting. Doctor thinks ill be out late afternoon early evening which is fine by me. Want to get home and see my baby girl and let her snuggle with her baby brother. X

Congrats jessy he's beautiful! I love what he's wearing too, so cute!!!

London I hope there's progress today!

Thanks girls. Married, thats an up to a month sleepsuit and only just fits him. Ill have to go shopping and pick up some more 0-3 and a whole pile of bid wardrobe wont fit him!

Aus passed his hearing test in both ears which is awesome. He took a 20ml feed after he was a bit sick so thats good he has had something in his tummy again.

How is everyone getting on?

I’ve not read the messages I missed so will have a proper catch up later. I hope everyone is ok, and London I hope things have progressed.

Just a quick message to say that induction wasn’t needed for us in the end. Baby came at 4.20am this morning and it’s a boy!

Very very speedy labour and birth. First contraction at around 2.15am so just about 2 hours start to finish!

Just waiting for daddy to get the car and we are homeward bound.

Will catch up on what’s going on with you all later and post a pic.

Awww Daisies!! Amazing news - I’m so happy for you that you didn’t need to be induced!
Can’t wait to see a picture!

Jessy - Aussie is a beaut! What a cutie.

I will read all the other messages later but just to say I’m waiting to go to the delivery suite.... still! But don’t think it’s much of a wait now, thank god!

Daisies congrats and well done to you and baby for your perfect timing!!! Would love to know if you got any signs before the first contraction?!! Hadn't fully been aware or thinking of just how suddenly that can happen...well I knew but...wow! Sounds like it was out of the blue maybe??

London...yay!!! Baby today then!!! So it's just me and jcliff to go who still on this thread or am I forgetting someone??? *sad face* lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->