January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Freaking out a little. Apparently measles has been reported at my daughter's school. She literally had her second MMR vaccine last week which was just before the reported outbreak. Good timing for her but I'm now worrying about whether or not I'm protected from it. I know i had at least one immunisation when i was around 6 years old but no idea if i ever had a second. Going to mention it to the midwife on Friday but I'm slightly worried after my partner found two red spots on my daughter. I know how harmful it can be to the baby so we're monitoring it close and I've messaged my mum on the other side of the world to see if i was fully immunized. Worried now though.

-AussieBub
I know I got the single dose jab measles vaccine as a child in NZ in the early 90s and Australia probably was using the same system so it's likely you didn't get a double dose like the mmr vaccine is

Anyone here in the UK and get an early scan on the NHS and let you pay for a photo to have?? I know you won't see much but I'll be sad if I'm not allowed one...

I'm 5w5d and handed my referral form to our midwife hub 3 days ago now. I'm getting so impatient that I've not heard from them ... others have told me they usually see you for your booking appt at about 8 weeks. Will they ring me or will I get a letter? Don't know why I'm being so impatient, when is it acceptable to chase them if I've heard nothing?? I'm in the UK

Anyone here in the UK and get an early scan on the NHS and let you pay for a photo to have?? I know you won't see much but I'll be sad if I'm not allowed one...

I had a scan on Wednesday and they let me have a scan pic :) she actually asked if I wanted one.

I'm 5w5d and handed my referral form to our midwife hub 3 days ago now. I'm getting so impatient that I've not heard from them ... others have told me they usually see you for your booking appt at about 8 weeks. Will they ring me or will I get a letter? Don't know why I'm being so impatient, when is it acceptable to chase them if I've heard nothing?? I'm in the UK

Usually they ring you, I'd give it a week and if you've still not heard then chase it.

I'm also in the UK I did a self referral online and got a letter confirming my appointment about 3 days later.

Had my booking appointment with the midwife today. Voiced my concerns about feeling like something was wrong with baby and as expected she just told me it's normal and that baby will be fine. Couldn't even get a scan date because of the lovely cyber attack on the NHS. She has to send a letter off and they'll figure out a date and then the hospital will send a letter to me with the appointment time. Freaking snail mail all because of the cyber attack last week. No idea when I'm gonna have my scan and that really annoys me. Apart from that, the appointment went well.

-AussieBub

Aussie- how frustrating! It really annoys me when midwives shrug things off with 'its normal'. Hope you get a scan date soon!

Hope you get a scan date really soon Aussie! I guess I was lucky mine came through very quickly.

I also seem to have my booking appt through...via a text message confirming an appt lol. I rung them very confused asking what it was! Beware...she told me it's a 90 minute appointment!!! Yikes???? I filled in form on Monday and got the text Wednesday. So very quick again!

It shouldn't be that long. Mine took 45 mins today. It's just mainly questions and a blood test. It's very straightforward. And the midwife told me that because this pregnancy is made up of different genetics (My DD is from my previous marriage), it'll have a major effect on how I'm feeling symptom wise. That's one of the reasons she wasn't worried.

-AussieBub

It shouldn't be that long. Mine took 45 mins today. It's just mainly questions and a blood test. It's very straightforward. And the midwife told me that because this pregnancy is made up of different genetics (My DD is from my previous marriage), it'll have a major effect on how I'm feeling symptom wise. That's one of the reasons she wasn't worried.

-AussieBub

I hope it's not that long I was a bit shocked when she said I should probably not expect to go during s lunch break and to get the day off work lol. It's fine as I get medical appt days paid leave.
Try to distract yourself Aussie! I'll be 6 weeks gestation on Monday and I know it feels like forever for you! Worrying is only natural but being tense isn't good for you and the baby. I'm keeping myself busy at work with extra hours so the days go quickly!

Morning all!

I had a dream I was given three bottles of wine to drink by my mum last night before some sort of night out with a friend....she even opened them all for me...!

I was never a big drinker but is my body telling me it misses it??? :haha:

I feel like the last 3 weeks have moved so slowly especially with 5 more weeks before we are telling people. I don't remember it feeling this long with my other pregnancies.

I feel like the last 3 weeks have moved so slowly especially with 5 more weeks before we are telling people. I don't remember it feeling this long with my other pregnancies.

It's painfully slow right?!!! We got 6 1/2 weeks until we tell people!!! It's torture lol

I have a scan on Tuesday at 6+1 .. im so nervous nothing will be in there. Does everyone feel like this?

I'm also scared about that. I've got a scan on Saturday when I should be 8 weeks and I'm terrified there won't be a heart beat

Ladies, I was equally as worried and had a scan Friday that was great! Perfect little gummy bear hanging out in there!!

9 weeks today and all symptoms have gone. Feeling depressed and very pessimistic about baby's wellbeing. Still no idea of when I'll have a scan either. Honestly feeling like giving up hope and trying to move on. Just lost all positivity entirely. Completely convinced baby's gone :cry:

-AussieBub

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->