January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Good news, OH new work called him today and he mentioned the scan and they said it's not an issue and they'll schedule his shifts so he has that day off. So he can come to the scan yay!

-AussieBub

Good news, OH new work called him today and he mentioned the scan and they said it's not an issue and they'll schedule his shifts so he has that day off. So he can come to the scan yay!

-AussieBub

Hurrah!

My hubby is too scared to tell his work yet so that's why I rung them and changed my scan next week to after his shift! He will literally need to drive like a maniac to get there on time though lol

Great to hear Aussie 😊

MarriedLaydee - eeeekk! Hope he makes it in time.

My husbands work knows and they are ok with him taking time off for appointments but I don't think he will get time off for every one of them as they can also be pr!ck$ at times too! He's got time off for the 12 week scan which is fab. But he wasn't allowed the time off for the early scan so he's yet to hear the heart beat!

Some workplaces are really funny sometimes. My OHs work are fantastic so we are very lucky but many arnt - including my own. I'm going to have to fight to be able to leave an hour early on the 23rd for my booking in appointment when legally they have to give me the time off.

Just had my first real threat of being sick... Walked into Morrison's, the smell of fish just hit me like a punch in the face so I ran around the place a bit green in the gills and I still feel incredibly iffy now!

My husband just moved departments on a trial basis and they strictly told him they don't want to take someone on who isn't committed and who may demand flexibility. So we have to keep it a secret for a few more months so that he can sign the contract in 3 weeks or so! As a parent you can ask for flexibility where he works so it's best to not shout it from the rooftops quite yet. Which is fine as we are both so nervous about this pregnancy not progressing!

Sucks that something so important as bringing new life into the world can be seen as a major inconvenience to employers.

In other news I took a photo of my bare stomach today to compare it with one i took before I got pregnant when I was in the process of losing weight. I look so much bigger now and whilst I can see a very obvious bump, my pooch from my last pregnancy has also gotten bigger is even saggier now. My stomach looks so grossly misshapen. It's hard and rounded in the middle for the bump and super flabby and saggy at bottom and I honestly feel like the Michelin man right now. Feeling really self conscious about it.

-AussieBub

Hullo all

Still no actual real 'oh my god I feel ill all the time' is happening. I know I should be grateful but apart from feeling ropey most mornings....i feel my old self for most of the rest of the day. Odd evenings I have strange twinges and today I had very dull headaches on and off. Someone at work asked me if I was ok because I looked pale lol. I guess I look worse than I feel?!!!! :haha:

I just always expected to feel rubbish 24/7 or at least violently ill now and again.

I can't believe I'm wishing for sickness....but I'm so worried something is wrong and I know how silly that is.

I feel like most feel; a bit clueless about what's going on inside and that's really scary.

I guess I need to suck up this fear for another 4 1/2 weeks until that 3 month scan.

In most respects this time has gone quick and it'll be 4 weeks on Saturday since I found out I was pregnant! Now that's mental!

<3

It's scary how fast time goes though. Looking back at my first pregnancy whilst I spent the entire time wishing it away, it really did go fast! Hoping this first tri goes quicker though as I can't stand all the uncertainty and worrying!

I feel like time went faster with my first whereas this one is dragging on. I feel like I should be at least 13 weeks by now and I'm not even 11 weeks. Time is dragging on.

-AussieBub

Helli, glad to hear so many of us are feeling sick... the nausea has been very bad lately for me, esp in morning's and evenings. Last night i made a veggie pesto pasta and it was delicious but this morning when my husband went to pack sone up for his lunch, i almost hurled from the smell of pesto. But strangely, changing my LOs poopy diaper didn't even faze me.

I'm also worried about this first trimester and really hope it goes by quick because even seven or eight weeks along and feeling nausea is still not reassuring enough for me I'm so worried about another miscarriage but at least I have my toddler to help keep my mind off things.

May I also ask how old everybody is especially those that are/were taking IVF? Where I live here in the Bay Area many moms seem to have IVF babies and I've been doing a lot of research into age-related infertility ... I'm 35 and feel pretty lucky to have this second pregnancy I hope it sticks as it will probably be my last.

Went to dr today And only saw sac measuring 5w. Good luck to everyone

Unfortunately i have to leave the group. I've had a MMC. :(

I wish you all a happy and healthy 9 months.

I'm so sorry to hear off the loses. My thoughts are with you both *hugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->