January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Wills_2 - no, it'll be my third. All of the babies have been planned homebirths but my daughter (and my angel daughter for obvious reasons) was a hospital birth after an emergency transfer.

Sarahcake - hope you manage to get on top of the tooth pain. I'm with you, I can cope with anything but toothpain. Its the absolute worst.

I'll get you added swampmaiden and Jcliffe ❤️

Afm hubby wants to start telling people next week, I'm still super reluctant though. I know he needs to for his job and shizz but urg.. I just remember having to post on Fb about losing I and how horrible it was and I so dont want to have to do that again. Gah. Stupid I know.

You can tell just work, close friends and family. You do not have to make an announcement on Facebook hun

Just had to catch up on what I'd missed. A lot has been going on with you ladies and I'm glad that you and your babies are doing well.

Pinki, I agree with mandaa. I know it's scary to have people know early (since my OH announced it the day I told him I was pregnant at 4 weeks) but have a word with your husband and tell him to subtly tell those at work who need to know and that he should tell them it's still early so keep it quiet. It doesn't have to end up on Facebook if you don't want it to.

Not much to report from me, just bits of nausea here and there and been having a few headaches recently. Though I am putting them down to the weather being warmer and me not drinking as much water as I should be. OH finishes his last shift at his current job today. He's been there 11 years so he's feeling a bit emotional. New job starts Monday and then our scan FINALLY on Wednesday. I'm so nervous. Still got the bad feeling but it it hasn't been effecting my mood thankfully. OH noticed varicose veins in the back of my right thigh two nights ago and oddly enough, it filled me with hope. I thought, baby must be growing if laying on my right side now is limiting blood flow from the vena carva. I never had varicose veins before so their appearance has got me crossing my fingers that my bad feeling is completely wrong. We'll find out in 5 days eek!

-AussieBub

Ahhh varicose veins are horrible aren't they?!!

Not long until that scan right?!!! Eeek I can't wait to hear!

Swampmaiden – maybe I’ll stick to the UK then…it’s been around 28c here the last 2 days and it’s just too hot, can’t imagine 40c!!! I’ve also been in the pool with my DD but its back to work tomorrow where we luckily have air con!

Pinkmonki – Wow, third homebirth…I take my hat off to you!!
I agree with the others…maybe leave your FB announcement to later on and just tell close family, friends and people in work who would need to know.

Aussie – Hope your OH’s last day went well and his first day in his new job goes great tomorrow. You seem to have a fair few symptoms and I’m sure on Wednesday your fears will be put to rest when you see a lovely bouncing baby on the scan monitor! Be sure to let us all know how it goes.

AFM – all is well, I’m able to find the babies HB everytime I look on my doppler which has helped a lot with my fears that something will go wrong. I’m also gonna chase up my dating scan appointment as I still haven’t heard anything…will hopefully be able to tell you all when it is tomorrow!

Well I’m off to spring clean my kitchen whilst my DD is having a power nap! Hope everyone stays happy and healthy :flower: and I’ll check back in later.
xx

Morning sickness is going strong, im so done with it, its like a hangover that just won't go away.

Anyone finally getting over on the other end of MS? I wish i knew how much longer its going to last.. im hoping at 10 weeks but with my DD it cleared up closer to 12... i can't hang that long wahhh

Hey all

It's been a horribly hot weekend hitting 29 degrees Celsius down here. Luckily been at work with air con but tomorrow is set for 30 degrees and I'm at home haha. Might go out and buy another fan! Lol.

Felt quite ill today again but nothing I couldn't handle! It's weird wanting to be sick but it never actually reaching that tipping point.ive felt a fair few twinges but nothing sinister so far so I think I'm quietly content.

Based on recent scan I'm 8 weeks today but I should be 9 weeks tomorrow based on ovulation. To make it more complicated I'm 9 weeks 6 days tomorrow based on LMP haha. All these dates are confusing me I hope smudge catches up to the ovulation date soon. I'm hoping it was just too small and hiding partially to have measured any longer.

Three weeks tomorrow until the dating scan! Things should hopefully be clearer then.

Hope you ladies are all treating yourselves well! <3

I have my ultrasound scheduled for 20 weeks and not so patiently waiting. With my last two pregnancies I've had to have scans before then so we'll see if this ends up the same or I have to wait it out.

I'm feeling tired all the time and napping and or falling asleep when the kids do but also waking up through the night if I fall asleep too early.
Nausea isn't too bad but garbage and cleaning up after the dog definitely set me off.

Where in the UK are you marriedlaydee?

I'm by Brighton.

I'm hot and grumpy. I haven't moaned about it being too hot in years. The last time I was pregnant, if I remember correctly...!

It's sooooo hot oh my god.

It's like 28 degrees in sunny south west England right now. I actually cannot cope. My work uniform is tight, residents radiators are cranked up to 10 - I shit you not, and it's been hideously busy so I've not had a chance for a break or even to catch 5 mins to down a glass of water. Thank god I finished at 2 tbh!

Sore boobs are starting to make a return and the nausea is ever present. Booking in appointment on Friday, which I know is just boring formality but I'm really excited about. Im very luck to have an amazing mother in law so I'm gonna take her with me in my partner's absence.

Hope were all managing to cope in the heat, I know I should take my own advise but please keep yourselves hydrated ladies please x

Where in the UK are you marriedlaydee?

I'm by Brighton.

I'm hot and grumpy. I haven't moaned about it being too hot in years. The last time I was pregnant, if I remember correctly...!

I'm in Buckinghamshire near to Northampton! It's 30celsius here still.....im dipping in and out the garden I have zero energy today and the housework is piling up! 6 loads of washing done though and it all dried crazy quick outside in this heatwave! So I guess I done one chore of many left ignored :haha:

Eurgh this heat is killing me, it's killed any energy I did have and all I wanna do is lay on the sofa next to the fan :dohh: why does being pregnant make you soooo much hotter?!

Morning sickness, nausea and a migraine hit me badly today. Actually felt pregnant for a change lol. Nothing else to report but nearly Wednesday which means scan day. I am so frikken anxious. It's killing me.

-AussieBub

104 today... 40 C for those across the pond. Laying on couch in front of fan AND A/C... glad I'm not only one, misery loves company lol

Oh there was one other thing I forgot to mention. Phantom kicks! I have been having them like crazy today. So much so that I actually started questioning if I could be further along. It's not possible and I know it's just gas but it has been on/off all day today.

-AussieBub

I've had a few gas episodes that if I was further along I would have thought for sure were kicks too. Can't wait to start feeling real movements.

I have also been having gas kicks :rofl: feels like bubbles in my belly and reminds me of early movement last time!

Had to call in sick today so it's back to the emergency dentist for me today :( going to beg them to take the tooth out now. 5 days on antibiotics and taking paracetamol every 4 hours is doing absolutely nothing :(

And this heat... Oh my god the heat...actually melting now. I'm not a lover of the heat anyway but even less so when I'm pregnant haha

Had to call in sick today so it's back to the emergency dentist for me today :( going to beg them to take the tooth out now. 5 days on antibiotics and taking paracetamol every 4 hours is doing absolutely nothing :(

And this heat... Oh my god the heat...actually melting now. I'm not a lover of the heat anyway but even less so when I'm pregnant haha

Seems crazy that they would rather you go the next 7 months on pain killers and anti biotics rather than just pulling it. I hope you get it sorted!

The heat is ridiculous but it seems to have cooled down here today thankfully! I'm not a summer person at all, autumn and winter are far better :haha: can't imagine being heavily pregnant in this weather!

So glad to have some relief from the heat today. Struggled to sleep last night because of it. The heat also makes my nausea worse and gives me headaches so I'm currently having relief from them as well.

Sorry to hear you're in so much pain Sarahcakes. I hope they pull it out for you. Can't imagine how horrible you must be feeling right now. They can't keep you like that for the next 7 months. Good luck, sending hugs your way.

-AussieBub

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->