January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Aww awesome scan :D lovely! So pleased all is good!

I was the same in my due in Nov group from before. My son was born the 21st and the other ladies ended up having theirs on the first week of November!

I don't mind bringing up the rear though so long as everything is all good :)

Glad to hear the negative thoughts have subsided now Aussie, hopefully now you can enjoy things more as it's such an amazing experience that often gets so marred with worry and panic.

Beautiful scan Hippy! And you've leap frogged me haha.

-AussieBub

Yay for a good scan hippy :cloud9:

I have mine on Monday...can't wait!!!

Thanks everyone!

I think I'm going to pay for a gender scan in 3 weeks. I'm being impatient this time round!

Has someone got a scan today? I'm sure someone mentioned it? If so, best of luck. Xx

I'm in for my booking in appointment in 10 minutes but I'm sure I remember someone saying they were in for a scan too. Not able to check back through the pages right now so I hope whoever it is has a lovely positive scan experience :)

It's not very busy on here really is it?

Is there other forums you guys use? Or somewhere else you use more than this?

Well, that was interesting.

So I walked in 9 weeks, walked out 13 + 1.

She's adamant that my dates don't work out. My LMP was 21st April, going by that I'm 9 weeks. However that was a wierd period that was heavy but only lasted a day and a half. It was bang on when I was supposed to be on so I took it as just a bit of a dodgy cycle. That cycle we only DTD once and I don't track ovulation so i did think it was a bit of a miracle that it happened.

My previous period started March 23rd and that was a proper 5 day affair with a lot more sex involved...

So now I have to ring up Monday and try and get a scan next week otherwise it's too late for the NT testing.

I'm not at all convinced that she is right and I will be classing myself as 9 weeks until I am proven otherwise next week.

As I thought though, I will be consultant led because of my prior issues.

Interesting afternoon.

sarah - wow!!!! was today a dating scan?? 9w vs 13w is a HUGE difference so the scan would be pretty clear! Congrats on being a month farther along than you thought!!! :D

Not a scan unfortunately but the booking in appointment. She asked me for all my dates, how long I bled for for my last period and weather the cycle before was normal. The scan comes next week unfortunately.

I don't think she is right personally. So like I say, to avoid getting my hopes up that I'm nearly outta first tri I'm going to count myself as being 9 weeks until the scan next week says something different

Holy crap! I can't imagine being moved up a whole month!! What did the scan look like?

I'm considering getting a private scan tomorrow. I've been so anxious and want to see baby again.

Wow Sarah. I bet you are a little confused!!
The fact there was no scan so baby wasn't measured... I would also be trusting my own dates.
When you tested BFP did you do one that said how many weeks pregnant you are??

They are funny with dates, according to my dates I should be 12 weeks on Monday but they have me 5 days later than that. But it's physically impossible because we never DTD for it to work out unless husband has super super super sonic sperm haha.

I would go with your own dates until baby has been measured - but all very exciting all the same!!

Holy crap! I can't imagine being moved up a whole month!! What did the scan look like?

I'm considering getting a private scan tomorrow. I've been so anxious and want to see baby again.

I was feeling that way too... But keep telling myself it's only another 6 days until my next one. I'm getting impatient and because I have zero symptoms I think it worries me more!

I can see her point of view to be fair, a 1.5 day period and a month where we DTD once and a regular cycle where we did more like 7 or 8 times ( were too tired for this every day malarky!) Which one is going to seem more likely? She's airing on the side of caution I think because if she takes me as being 9 weeks and sends me for my NT scan when I'm 12 weeks by that calculation, I could be a good 2 weeks out of the gestation bracket for the testing. Where as if I go next week and I am only 9/10 weeks, no harm done just rebook the NT scan based on that. So it does make sense.

Just a very odd feeling!

Edited to add: no I didn't do a test with weeks on, well, I did but they were both faulty and errored on me so by the time I got replacements from clearblue I was around 6 weeks so seemed pointless taking them!

Woah Sarah, that's nuts. Can't wait to see what happens with the scan.

Hippy - the forum is way quieter than it used to be for sure. The Facebook group is quiet but more instantaneous for responses and things which is nice, I like our little group.

Absolutely Sarah, I totally see where she is coming from re: NT.
Better to err on the side of caution just incase.

Well looks like you'll be getting that scan earlier than you thought!! 😊

I'm classed as 10 weeks 2 days today even though there's no way! That was worked out based on my LMP.

My scan last week based on LMP should have then showed a 9 weeks 1 day baby. Instead it was 7 weeks 5 days. Which is almost right because I ovulated late.

I'd trust your own maths! You can't use averages when you know you don't have 28 day cycles

My tracker below was worked out with my ovulation day. As I know we only DTD twice around that day and I got a positive ovulation test :)

That is the bonus of it, the faster scan. I'm going to ring Monday morning and hope they have a cancellation for Tuesday after 2 - I finish work at 2 and my partner has the day off already so he doesn't have to take any unpaid time off. We shall see! But I'm getting quite excited now! I know that scan will show a between 9-10 week old babe but it's an extra scan I guess so I don't mind.

I wish I had tracked my ovulation now tbh but as we were more, NTNP than full on TTC I just didn't want to stress myself with the finer details until a point where we decided to completely TTC if nothing happened naturally.

Sarahcake, can you feel your fundal height? Did the midwife try to feel, because she'd have felt it if you are 13 weeks.

How awesome would it be if you were ahead though! Had you used any pregnancy tests in the previous month? Or did you tend not to test unless AF was late?

Can't wait to see what your scan says!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->