January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Yay Sarah! I'm still missing a week I'm hoping the 12 week scan like you will give me that back because it's soooo hard to measure those little beans so early! It's so hard to get it dead on crown to rump.

So will your 12week scan be in 3 or 4 weeks now???

Glad to hear baby is well and wiggling around. Little annoying that you've been given yet another number of how far along you are haha. Hopefully the 12 week scan will give you that week back and you can smile knowing you were right all along.

-AussieBub

I've got a date for a scan (which I can't remember off the top of my head) for 3.5 weeks time which should bring me to pretty much 12 weeks by their calculations today. But Baba wouldn't stay still so she had a hell of a job to measure them! So I do think I'll get that week back come that scan. I think that's probably why they booked it for the closer end of 12 weeks so that if they do the scan and then find I am a week in front again, I've not missed the NT portion of the scan.

Super happy to have seen Baba though :)

Sorry I've been awol, we are going through a lot with housing stuff atm so stressed and the ms is making life hard, not being sick but permanently drained tired and nauseated 🤢 it's making just getting through each day a mission as I've got a permanent migrane and apparently it's all normal, at least the spotting has slowed and is more sporadic now rather than everyday.

Hope you are all getting on ok

What do you ladies count as second trimester? I thought the start of week 14 was second trimester but my pregnancy tracker says 13 weeks is second trimester. I'm 13+4 today and have no idea what trimester I'm in haha.

-AussieBub

Sarah - yay!! glad the scan went well and that you were right all along ;) Good luck at your next scan!

Aussie - I think it's technically 13 and 1/3 week, which means you're in your second tri!! congrats!!

Ahh Linnikins bless you :( sorry to hear your having a tough time at the moment. Nausea and sickness makes anything 10x worse too.

Aussie, I would count yourself as 2nd Tri now! Congrats! :D the nice tri I like to call it lol

I'm 13+6 and considering myself in the second trimester.

And annoyed that I still feel crap. I'm hoping that passes soon.

I just friend requested you. I'm the one with potatoes as a profile picture.

I genuinely snorted at the potatoes profile picture 😂

Lynnikins sorry you're feeling so rough lovely :(

Yay for 2nd tri ladies! ❤️

Results are in for my Patau's, Edwards' and Down"s Syndrome screening.

"Your chance of having a baby affected by Patau's or Edwards' syndrome is: 1 in 100,000.

Your chance of having a baby affected by Down's Syndrome is: 1 in 6,509."

The Down's result came as a shock. With my daughter i had a 1 in 100,000 chance. The chances are still considered low apparently but it's so much higher than with my daughter. OH and I are both a little worried. Neither of us know a whole lot about raising a child with Down's. Guess we'll wait and find out. We won't love baby any less, it's just daunting because i feel so unprepared.

-AussieBub

I had no idea they give you the results that way... But guess it makes sense. I've never really thought about it. How long did it take for the results to come back Aussie?

There will always be that worry but that stat is still low. I'm 36 so mine is bound to be much more likely. We were thinking about paying for the private testing as its 99% accurate and they do bloods rather than a needle but I'll wait to see what they say at our scan on Thurs first.

Wow! Just spent roughly an hour catching up on what's been going on!

Glad to see so many healthy scan pictures 😍

My scan is 12th July so I'll be 13+5 by my dates, still feels like forever away!
Still not had any sickness or any other symptoms really, sore boobs occasionally but nothing major.
Heard baby's heartbeat on father's day for the first time which was lovely, we all listened together in bed! (me, OH and both dds).

What sex do you all think you're having? My head is saying girl but I'm holding out hope that symptom wise is slightly different from my last 2 so it could be a boy. Not that I really has any symptoms with my girls any way apart from horrendous heartburn!

The results came back really fast. I was told it could take 1-2 weeks but my screening was only 6 days ago. We're still low risk so all should be fine. Just came as a shock because I was expecting the number to be a lot closer to what is was with DD. We're not worried though. We've got over the initial shock and know everything will be ok. Baby had a nuchal fold of 2.1mm which is completely normal. I'm also 4 years older than I was with DD so that increases your chances. Baby will be fine. Even if it ends up that our baby does have Down's, we'll love them all the same and learn how to raise a special needs baby. And everyone is telling me im having a boy but I have no idea myself. I'll be happy with either gender.

-AussieBub

Thanks for the heads up. My scan is Thursday so I should expect the results in the coming weeks then.
Glad to hear youre low risk Aussie.
And it's fab that you seem in much better spirits now! Seeing bubs on the ultra sound must've done wonders. I can't wait for Thurs now!

That's still very low odds lovely, I know it's a shock to hear though when your daughter's risk was lower. But as you say, age does play a part.

I was 24 when I had Logan and mine was 1:500,000 so incredibly low risk but I'm 29 now, will be 30 by the time baby is born and I've been told to expect a change in that statistic based around age alone.

My son, they took the bloods and the NT measurement at the 12 week scan appointment and we found out at 15 weeks what the risk was. This time round I'm having the bloods done (again as it now is too early) at 10.5 weeks and the will be ready for the day of my 12 week scan so I'll be told there and then. That's a better way of doing things I think.

I'm glad everyone is feeling nice and positive at the moment :)

We are still contemplating paying the £400 odd to go private for all the testing.
It's so much money that I know I could spend on something else but I'm 36 and I think I'd rather have a more accurate and safe test done.
Maybe I'm just being over cautious?!
Either way we have decided to go on Thursday thinking positively and see what they say.
Didn't help that my midwife told me I was a geriatric mum haha

Glad to hear the scan went well Sarah. And I know what you mean about the kids being ready for something new and not feeling the same way yourself. Our son goes to a childminder (he's 2) and he's going to keep on with that, but from September he's going to do 2 mornings a week at a nursery. We're going for a visit there on Friday and I'm so nervous about it, my baby is growing up too quickly! He's mega excited to go.

London Kiwi, don't they use lovely terminology- geriatric mum! How nice! I'd wait and see what your results are before going for the private tests. You may be reassured once you have it.

And Aussiebub, I bet it is your age that has made a difference. There's several markers they look at and I bet something fairly insignificant changing could have a noticeable effect on the result. Good that they did the screening so quickly though.

Absolutely agree Daisies, will see what happens at the scan on Thurs then decide. I think you can get in pretty quickly if you decide to go private.

I shall let you know how this "geriatric mum to be" gets on!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->