January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Is anyone else in U.K. consultant led? And if so have you had your first appointment yet? Really wondering how long it'll take and hoping really short.

Wills - AWW!!! so cute!! That was the same at my scan!! the baby would not stop moving! the ultrasound tech had one heck of a time getting measurements!!

me too...first she said I hadn't drunk enough so I went and drank a litre of fluid and waited 20 mins and she still moaned saying it was difficult..i was like...well I cant tell it to stay still!!

Is anyone else in U.K. consultant led? And if so have you had your first appointment yet? Really wondering how long it'll take and hoping really short.

Soph - i'm consultant led...had my 12 week scan yesterday and they booked me in with the consultant for 15th August before I left xx

Soph - i'm consultant led...had my 12 week scan yesterday and they booked me in with the consultant for 15th August before I left xx

Aw I was hoping for inside info lol! Mine is Tuesday and don't have a clue what to expect. Hopefully just a quick chat.

Aww wills that's a beautiful scan <3

Soph, Im consultant led this time for high BMI, Auto Immune disorder, Ulcerative colitis and previous traumatic birth.

I was high risk consultant led last time too. My appointments started at 16 weeks last time and basically consisted of regular scans with an appointment after to discuss them, I had to give myself clexane injections last time so I was prescribed them and then bought in to check my clotting levels and things regularly. It wasn't really massively exciting but I found my consultant was really good with my fears and wants and I'm hoping mine will be the same this time too. I've yet to see mine but I imagine I'll get an appointment after my 12 week scan, same as wills. Try not to worry, it's nice to have the support of the consultant I find x

Way to go a great scan, Wills

I'm excited for everyones upcoming scans as well... I don't have my next one until the 21st... which I guess isn't too far away anymore! I can't believe I'm nearly 11 weeks already smh

I'm still struggling with nausea and fatigue and irritability, especially at my husband lol poor thing, he's been a very patient, long suffering saint these last few weeks.

Also, PINKMONKI, would you please add me to the front page due dates? Not sure how I slipped through, I'm due the 28th. Thanks so much!

Ooo our next scans are the same day, swampmaiden :D 21st feels like so long away but it actually isn't really. Really hoping I gain this week back as I feel so far behind ATM haha

Aw I was hoping for inside info lol! Mine is Tuesday and don't have a clue what to expect. Hopefully just a quick chat.

I was consultant led last time too for high BMI though this time its due to a tear on my uterus with my EMC as I'm now high risk for complications!

As Sarah said they generally just keep an eye on you, take regular wee samples and you might get a few extra scans! Sadly nothing too exciting x

Faintly heard baby's heart beat last night. Ended up going to an out an of hours doctors last night due to pain in my left side. I thought I'd just strained a muscle but the pain kept intensifying even with rest. Turns out that I'm more constipated than I thought, there's a lot of blocked poop and as a result, I've got a UTI. The combination of the two is what's causing the pain in my side. The doctor wanted to check baby was ok though because I had 1 marker of protein in my urine. She said she wasn't an expert on using a doppler and finding baby so if we couldn't hear the heart beat, not to get upset because it's more likely that she just can't find it properly. We found my heart beat first but then shortly after we very faintly picked up baby's heartbeat. She didn't move to try and get a louder sound as she was just checking to make sure it was beating and she didn't want to risk not finding it again. So yeah, we got to hear it and even though it was faint, I'm still feeling so much more reassured that baby is ok. So what I thought was a strained muscle saw me coming away with antibiotics, laxatives and codeine and we heard baby. Just goes to show, if you're concerned, it really pays to get it checked out.

-AussieBub

I'm consultant led and I had my first appointment after my 12 week scan. It took about an hour with the consultant but my history is quite complex so there was a lot to talk about and plan. So it depends really on why you are consultant led and what needs planning/putting in place.

Thank for replies. I always like to know what to expect before appointments-natural worrier. I'm only consultant led because I had preeclampsia in previous pregnancy and emcs as 35 weeks, so should hopefully be straightforward and short appointment.

Not sure whether or not to be concerned that morning sickness has reappeared. Had nothing for 3 weeks and now I've been sick 3 times in 24 hours. Can't seem to keep liquids down. Food I can but liquid I throw back up again. Kinda worried.

-AussieBub

Not sure whether or not to be concerned that morning sickness has reappeared. Had nothing for 3 weeks and now I've been sick 3 times in 24 hours. Can't seem to keep liquids down. Food I can but liquid I throw back up again. Kinda worried.

-AussieBub

I'm with you there. I had no morning sickness on my trip out of town for a week, but had it really bad before. Now since getting back home, it's back to being sick again. I have been getting a little crampy too, which I hadn't had since really early on. Hmm.

-AussieBub

When I was pregnant with ds I had little to no morning sickness until around 11/12 weeks, then it started and lasted for about 3/4 weeks. I know you're saying you've had it, it's stopped and come back but I reckon it will all be totally fine. Maybe baby is having a burst of growing so extra hormones flying around?!

I'm consultant led and I had my first appointment after my 12 week scan. It took about an hour with the consultant but my history is quite complex so there was a lot to talk about and plan. So it depends really on why you are consultant led and what needs planning/putting in place.

I have my consultant appointment at 3:30pm and my scan at 4:00pm... not sure how that works or what to do as it says allow up to 3 hours for the consultants appointment. This is all very confusing.

Hmm I hope it's just a burst of hormones causing me to be sick. Feeling nauseous again today and my head is thumping. Think I might be getting a little dehydrated but the passed few days it's only been liquids that I've thrown up. I keep food down but i threw up 500mls of water, my fruit smoothie and my soup. Trying to take little sips but it's not helping. Worried about baby again. Got my 16 week appointment with my midwife on Friday so hopefully will find out if baby is still ok.

-AussieBub

Aussie I'm sure baby is fine and your 16 week appt will be hearing the heartbeat on the Doppler! Excited for you!!

I've had the worst week of nausea....i don't know why it's kicked in full throttle this week every blooming day pretty much non stop...but I'm taking it as a good sign as it's at the stage where things are changing rapidly. I'd rather not have it but at the same time I'm finding it reassuring to finally feel horrifically pregnant haha!

Had an amazing time in Finland! Terrible flight and drive home today and with only 4 hours sleep last night on top of nausea on top of pregnancy fatigue....well Sunday is just a complete write off lol.

12 week scan tomorrow eeeeek! 4pm I'm so nervous but excited to finally see a proper baby!!!! <3

Best of luck for tomorrow married!
Can't wait to see your little bubs!! &#55357;&#56476;

Booked a wellbeing + gender scan tonight... That's on Weds 26th seems far away but I'm sure it will fly by. £55 so didn't think that was too bad &#55357;&#56496;&#55357;&#56503;

Than you kiwi!

Wow that was a bargain!
If all is well we want to do a private scan at 30 weeks too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->